Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

Burren supporters pretending to be point fans, nothing surprises me any more, I'm unashamedly an east down Gael who believes in east down coaches and players, clowns from south down who try to belittle our clubs and players deserve exactly what Burren got last night - a lesson, maybe yew tree has a foot in both camps , seems likely but an east down clean sweep is on the cards and we will have a center of excellance in Ballykinlar soon, you just couldn't make it up, Yewtree

sdg

As I was at the game last night, how did the online service work? I hope this is going to happen for semi finals and final, it allows all Down Gaels across the world to keep in touch with home.

Mourne Red

Quote from: sdg on September 22, 2019, 03:12:14 PM
As I was at the game last night, how did the online service work? I hope this is going to happen for semi finals and final, it allows all Down Gaels across the world to keep in touch with home.

Worked well, they got it right this time do it free and make sure there was no teething problems so they can charge for the next couple of rounds. Mentioned there was over 2000 people watching so website should be able to cope with the traffic that comes through it in the future. Hope they continue this, didn't have to watch X Factor or Strictly with the other half so I was delighted

befair

Worked well; obs not Sky HD quality, but a great service for gaels who couldn't make the game

Ambrose

Quote from: befair on September 22, 2019, 07:02:17 PM
Worked well; obs not Sky HD quality, but a great service for gaels who couldn't make the game

Glad to hear they didn't charge this time, there were problems on Monday night and people were demanding refunds but none were forthcoming. They should really cover at least one game every weekend, more during the championship. If there was a small charge to watch all the games you couldn't complain, but I get the feeling they will try to milk it, as usual. Dublin GAA have their own Youtube channel they use this to broadcast live games, it's a pity we haven't got a close association with an IT company who could look into something similar.

Hope the Point go on and win it, they should have too much for Ballyholland, but this Ballyholland team won't lie down. Really looking forward to this one.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

elk

Would expect the point to beat Ballyholland again but it will be tight. The other semi is the one most people will be interested in as they have not played each other this year. Will all players be available for selection?

knockitdown

Quote from: Ambrose on September 22, 2019, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: befair on September 22, 2019, 07:02:17 PM

Glad to hear they didn't charge this time, there were problems on Monday night and people were demanding refunds but none were forthcoming. They should really cover at least one game every weekend, more during the championship. If there was a small charge to watch all the games you couldn't complain, but I get the feeling they will try to milk it, as usual. Dublin GAA have their own Youtube channel they use this to broadcast live games, it's a pity we haven't got a close association with an IT company who could look into something similar.

Hope the Point go on and win it, they should have too much for Ballyholland, but this Ballyholland team won't lie down. Really looking forward to this one.

I got a refund automatically. Didnt request one.

champion1981

Mourne Red

Sean og sent an email round the clubs and due  to large number of young children being left unattended we will now be implementing a charge of £2 for U-16s. Honestly the county board are worse than Scrooge McDuck.

PTC

Quote from: Mourne Red on September 23, 2019, 07:20:30 PM
Sean og sent an email round the clubs and due  to large number of young children being left unattended we will now be implementing a charge of £2 for U-16s. Honestly the county board are worse than Scrooge McDuck.
that is unbelievable i know £2 doesn't break the bank but catch a grip. When you think they turn a corner with the free streaming of matches they do something like this.

Hedgehunter

The man is an idiot... has he not seen the positive press we have been receiving around the country with the amount of kids out kicking ball on the pitch at HT during the big games?

befair

Quote from: Hedgehunter on September 23, 2019, 08:20:13 PM

The man is an idiot... has he not seen the positive press we have been receiving around the country with the amount of kids out kicking ball on the pitch at HT during the big games?

Imagine that, the county board being unhappy about looking after unattended kids for 2 hrs......

charlieTully

Quote from: befair on September 23, 2019, 08:23:36 PM

Imagine that, the county board being unhappy about looking after unattended kids for 2 hrs......

Bollocks. They are ushered of the field as half time ends and that's as far as it goes. No looking after involved.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: charlieTully on September 23, 2019, 08:27:12 PM
Quote from: befair on September 23, 2019, 08:23:36 PM

Bollocks. They are ushered of the field as half time ends and that's as far as it goes. No looking after involved.

Absolutely right... They should be more concerned about having to look after unruly adults in the stands.

thebar

That's poor form if true what honestly is the thinking behind that move - keep the kids away who we want to be representing club and county over the coming years? Can the county board not be held to account over this by the club reps?