Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumanee 1

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2009, 01:34:49 PM
Was there not 9 Balinderry men in the panel last year? Unfortunately it dosent look good for Derry.  I was talking to a fella yesterday who suggested its blatent that there may be an anti balinderry bias. Who is the Derry  PRO to smooth over these cracks. 

wouldn't agree there a anti ballinderry thing,last year crozier would of played the whole ballinderry team if he thought he would get away with it,the new manager came in and cleared the dead wood (players who are just not up to county standard and not just the ballinderry players) harsh may be but why mess about and keep players in the panel who have no genuine chance of playing come c'ship.in my opinion the three ballinderry players who are in the panel are the only ones good enough.it's simple,if damien thinks a player is good enough and will benefit the team he will keep them no matter his personnel opinion on a individual or club.

Fuzzman

Oakleafer93

If there is a withdrawal of Ballinderry players it won't be so major. Mc Guckin is the only one on team at present, Mc Cloy playing great football in full back and Muldoon is hot and cold- he rarely plays well against Tyrone either. Things aren't as bad as people think.

rrhf

Well if they werent great footballers then they deserved the chop of course.  As for Kielt the same guy told me he might play some role this weekend????

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on June 15, 2009, 02:05:05 PM
If there is a withdrawal of Ballinderry players it won't be so major. Mc Guckin is the only one on team at present, Mc Cloy playing great football in full back and Muldoon is hot and cold- he rarely plays well against Tyrone either. Things aren't as bad as people think.

things will get sorted and it certainly is not as bad as people let on.i disagree that those players would not be a miss,especially muldoon he has showed many times he is a player for the big occassion.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2009, 02:06:27 PM
Well if they werent great footballers then they deserved the chop of course.  As for Kielt the same guy told me he might play some role this weekend????

Apparently a hairline fracture according to the Derry thread so not ruled out completely.

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Oakleafer93 on June 15, 2009, 02:35:39 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 15, 2009, 02:06:27 PM

Apparently a hairline fracture according to the Derry thread so not ruled out completely.

that means that you have had a hairline fracture yourself and was able to play on or that you have never had one and haven't a clue what your talking about

EC Unique

I would think would be very risky to play with any type of fracture. Very little impact could do a lot of damage!

Fuzzman

Any news on Derry's plans B & C are for Sunday?

Will Big Sean play in FF line or be going for a dander?

Is there much banter up in Tyrone or Derry or is it all very low key?

omagh_gael

all quiet as far as I can see fuzzman, although it will hopefully build up as the week goes on! No sign of any injuries, I wonder will dooher play any part?

My guess for starting 15 would be:

Devine
Ricey
Justy
PJ
Davy
Block
Ricey
Enda
Hub
Joey
B Mc Guigan
Tommy
Mugsy
Sean
SON

I'd have mugsy withdrawn and leave SON and Sean up front, this system could be easily changed around i.e. Sean switching with mugsy etc. Depending on injury I'd have dooher on 20 mins to go to give a final push. Any word on cassidy, do u think it may be too late for him to make an impact this year similar to mugsy not pushing fully into the team last year?

Fuzzman

Is Brian Mac in line for a starting place this time?
I presume you mean Katie Price and not a 2nd Ricey

Do we think Justy will mark one of the Bradleys?
Would he be quicker than Block?

Mr. Nakata

Omagh Gael it looks as though Hub has the second midfield berth sewn up for the moment. I thought big Cassidy was on crutches recently, so not even an option. I'm not sure whether he's the answer when fit anyway. I have a feeling Derry will target Hub for the wind up. I still wince at the memory of his stupidity at Healy in '06. He seems to be a lot leaner and fitter at this stage of the campaign than usual, so i'm happy enough he stays there so long as he doesn't get sent off or shoot from distance. After watching Justy further out the field against Armagh, he would be a great option at midfield, but maybe that's for the years ahead. Don't know whether Brian McGuigan will make it or not. Does anyone know what the story with big Packy is? Would like to see him back fighting for the number one jersey.

loughshore lad

Brian McGuigan will be available for selection, he came on for our seniors last week and looked very sharp.  His lack of participation against Armagh was precautionary I think and with an eye on future availability.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Fuzzman on June 15, 2009, 04:15:00 PM
Is Brian Mac in line for a starting place this time?
I presume you mean Katie Price and not a 2nd Ricey

Do we think Justy will mark one of the Bradleys?
Would he be quicker than Block?

Oops! Katie Price is the very one!

cadhlancian

Quote from: Mr. Nakata on June 15, 2009, 04:21:13 PM
Omagh Gael it looks as though Hub has the second midfield berth sewn up for the moment. I thought big Cassidy was on crutches recently, so not even an option. I'm not sure whether he's the answer when fit anyway. I have a feeling Derry will target Hub for the wind up. I still wince at the memory of his stupidity at Healy in '06. He seems to be a lot leaner and fitter at this stage of the campaign than usual, so i'm happy enough he stays there so long as he doesn't get sent off or shoot from distance. After watching Justy further out the field against Armagh, he would be a great option at midfield, but maybe that's for the years ahead. Don't know whether Brian McGuigan will make it or not. Does anyone know what the story with big Packy is? Would like to see him back fighting for the number one jersey.
I think you could have left out the distance part ;D