Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Still have aTyrone players jeresy from that game which also was Cushes last game for Tyrone after his debut V Mayo (alongwith Canavan in league 89. 

Fuzzman

Having went to school in Derry & have a lot of 'friends' at college from there then this fixture always has extra spice.

It's amazing they haven't met in an Ulster final since the 50's or 60's I think.

Think the rivalry has diminished a lot since the 90's but think there will be no love lost come Sunday fortnight

Archie Mitchell

Read over on Derry thread that James Kielt has a suspected broken jaw after incident with fellow county man in game v Ballinderry today.

Over the Bar

Quote. I can think of 2 recent semis in Casement involving Tyrone.

1999 when Down came from something like 7 behind to defeat Tyrone by a few. Linden scorched Paul McGurk on a roasting day.

Danny Ball's bright spark idea of taking the Tyrone team on a 2 hour training session in the blinding heat on the day of the match might have contributed to Down finishing stronger.   Maybe he misinterpreted the phrase "warm weather training"?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2009, 11:05:21 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 06, 2009, 10:58:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2009, 08:00:01 PM
I can think of 2 recent semis in Casement involving Tyrone.

2003 - defeated Antrim after a hairy start when Madden goaled from a penalty. Cavlan jumped like a salmon that day. 1999 when Down came from something like 7 behind to defeat Tyrone by a few. Linden scorched Paul McGurk on a roasting day.

Did Deccy McCrossan play centre half back that day, and IIRC knocked over a couple of points?

No.

Scorers: Down : C. McCabe 2-3, R. Carr 0-3, 0 2 frees), M. Linden (0-3), S. Ward, S. Mulholland 0-2 each, P. Higgins(0-1)Tyrone: A. Cush 0-4 (frees), B. Dooher and P. Canavan (0-3), G. Calvan (0-2), E. Gormley, C. Loughran, R. McGarrity 0-1each.
DOWN : M. McVeigh; F. Caulfield, M. MaGill, K. Byrne, P. Higgins, S. Ward, S. Poland; B. Burns, A. Molloy; G. Deegan, S. Mulholland, R. Carr, M. Linden, C. McCabe, Shane Ward Subs. P. Matthews for Byrne(30 mins).
TYRONE: F. McConnell; F. Devlin, R. McGarrity, P. McGurk, P. Canavan, C. Holmes, C. Gourley; C. McAnallen, G. Cavlan; A. Cush, E. Gormley, B. Dooher, C. Loughran, M. McGleenan, Peter CanavanSubs.S. Lawn for McAnallen(42 mins) P. Delvin for McGurk(48 mins), S. O'Neill for Loughran (64 mins).
Referee: Pat McEneaney (Monaghan).

I meant the Antrim game. No odds.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Oh yes, sorry - think he scored a point that day from CHB alright.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 03, 2009, 10:24:57 PM
Casement for me.

I'll buy a pint for each gaaboarder who makes themselves known to me in the Fruithill Lawn Tennis & Bowling Club before the match.

The code word is "Ulsterbus".

If this is a windup I'll be so cross.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

saffron sam2

Quote from: Orior on June 07, 2009, 09:45:07 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 03, 2009, 10:24:57 PM
Casement for me.

I'll buy a pint for each gaaboarder who makes themselves known to me in the Fruithill Lawn Tennis & Bowling Club before the match.

The code word is "Ulsterbus".

If this is a windup I'll be so cross.

I don't do windups.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tyronefan

ok Oakleafer   change the name of the tread now that the venue has been confirmed

thebuzz

Kielt will be a big loss to Derry now on top of Fergal Doherty not being available.

Oakleafer93

Quote from: thebuzz on June 07, 2009, 10:46:03 PM
Kielt will be a big loss to Derry now on top of Fergal Doherty not being available.

Is it confirmed of what is the deal about him?

omagh_gael

According to todays Irish news Dooher is a doubt for this game, aggravated the groin injury playing for the clann's, came off as a precaution, hopefully it's not too serious!

Sonny Joe

as well as Enda Muldoon, Niall Mc Cusker, Patsy Bradley. What about Paul Carton, he missed the last game, any word on his fitness?
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

drici

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2009, 09:54:34 AM
According to todays Irish news Dooher is a doubt for this game, aggravated the groin injury playing for the clann's, came off as a precaution, hopefully it's not too serious!

Quote from: Sonny Joe on June 08, 2009, 09:57:41 AM

as well as Enda Muldoon, Niall Mc Cusker, Patsy Bradley. What about Paul Carton, he missed the last game, any word on his fitness?

There could be more players withdrawing with mystery injuries now that the story is out about free pints for using the codeword 'Ulsterbus' in the Lawn Tennis and Bowling Club.

ONeill

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 08, 2009, 09:54:34 AM

The mention of Dooher and Derry always brings me back to the 2001 clash in the Ulster semis. Tyrone won that by scoring 2 goals in a couple of minutes in the second half (Cavlan, O'Neill and Dooher scored all three Tyrone goals that day).

Eamon Coleman made one hell of a run across the field to remonstrate with the ref. Tohill elbowed Holmes in the face. Derry got their revenge in the AIQF.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.