Doire v Mhuineacháin 24/5/09

Started by Oakleafer93, April 27, 2009, 12:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on June 11, 2009, 05:38:57 PM
I would imagine they used the Doherty incident as a trip attempt not a kick.
Believe it or not, there was more than one Doherty inclident. You're referring to another one.

I would also say that the Mullan one was explained as looking worse than it was and that he was kicking out to get McManus to release.
What a load of bull. It's clear that he was free of McManus before the knee went in.

Monaghan possibly tried to go in with all guns blazing demanding the ban be scrapped completely and figured they could rely on influence to help.

In all cases I think they got it right.
Now that surprises me, because you've been totally objective to date.  ::)

tyronefan

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2009, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 04:09:26 PM
I have said Mullan deserves a ban whether he kneed him in the balls, stomach, eyebrow, calf, back, tooth, earlobe, big toe. It doesn't matter. My point is he deserves the same as Tommy McGuigan as it was the same offence.
Looking at the bigger picture, two wrongs don't make a right. I know the recent McGuigan case is being cited, but 4 weeks is hardly appropriate for a knee in the nuts when, as i have already mentioned, Finlay got 8 weeks last year for verbals with the ref.

BTW, is there a video link to the Tommy McGuigan incident?

I completely agree Maguire which is why I said Tommy should have got 8 weeks, then Mullan would have had to take 8 weeks as well.  Perhaps contradicting myself slightly in the fact that if its there to be appealed then why not? I just think if the previous incident had have got the proper suspension Mullan's would follow with no questions asked.  Think that makes sense?

why do you only mention tommy , Ricey got a 8 week ban for a hell of a lot less than Mullan so why not compare Ricey's ban against Mullans and looking at that Mullan should have got 12 weeks

Oakleafer93

Quote from: tyronefan on June 11, 2009, 07:03:52 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2009, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on June 11, 2009, 04:09:26 PM
I have said Mullan deserves a ban whether he kneed him in the balls, stomach, eyebrow, calf, back, tooth, earlobe, big toe. It doesn't matter. My point is he deserves the same as Tommy McGuigan as it was the same offence.
Looking at the bigger picture, two wrongs don't make a right. I know the recent McGuigan case is being cited, but 4 weeks is hardly appropriate for a knee in the nuts when, as i have already mentioned, Finlay got 8 weeks last year for verbals with the ref.

BTW, is there a video link to the Tommy McGuigan incident?

I completely agree Maguire which is why I said Tommy should have got 8 weeks, then Mullan would have had to take 8 weeks as well.  Perhaps contradicting myself slightly in the fact that if its there to be appealed then why not? I just think if the previous incident had have got the proper suspension Mullan's would follow with no questions asked.  Think that makes sense?

why do you only mention tommy , Ricey got a 8 week ban for a hell of a lot less than Mullan so why not compare Ricey's ban against Mullans and looking at that Mullan should have got 12 weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWdJ7JuTaWE

::)

Archie Mitchell

Out of the 3 incidents, Ricey's was the one that would have done least damage.

tyronefan

oh thats what Ricey got the 8 weeks for  

they went back over the last 10 years clips and he got a ban to cover all this

One minute you derry wans are telling us that Derry wasnt going to appeal Mullins ban because what he done was wrong and he deserved the 8 weeks now he was right to appeal and he really didnt deserve to be banned for that long at all

screenexile

Quote from: tyronefan on June 11, 2009, 07:34:25 PM

One minute you derry wans are telling us that Derry wasnt going to appeal Mullins ban because what he done was wrong and he deserved the 8 weeks now he was right to appeal and he really didnt deserve to be banned for that long at all

Sorry are we meant to be mind readers now and know what the County Board are doing? I said I don't think we should have appealed it and I haven't changed my mind about that!

Main Street

Brolly claims on public radio that Fergal's face and arm was purposely and maliciously stamped upon by some Monaghan boot as he lay on the ground and had blood pumping from a wound afterwards. This is a very serious allegation. Does it have any merit?

supersarsfields

Quote from: screenexile on June 11, 2009, 07:37:26 PM

Sorry are we meant to be mind readers now and know what the County Board are doing? I said I don't think we should have appealed it and I haven't changed my mind about that!

No but it would have been wise to find out what the CB were doing before lording them for not appealing it. 

Will Hunting

Quote from: supersarsfields on June 11, 2009, 08:04:46 PM

No but it would have been wise to find out what the CB were doing before lording them for not appealing it. 

They didn't appeal the ban, they got it reduced to its appropriate length.

Quote from: tyronefan on June 11, 2009, 07:03:52 PM

Because the "Tommy" incident was very like the Mullan one. i.e. they both kneed a man in the balls. The Ricey incident is irrelevant in this.

And just to remind you, the Tyrone county board sought to get Tommy's ban overturned. did you agree with that??

tyronefan

so you pick the ban that suits and neither of them was like the knee that mullin drove in

Maguire01

Quote from: Will Hunting on June 11, 2009, 09:42:49 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on June 11, 2009, 08:04:46 PM

They didn't appeal the ban, they got it reduced to its appropriate length.
Call it what you want - it was an appeal.
And you really think 4 weeks (1 game in this case) is an appropriate sanction?

Oakleafer1993

Quote from: Main Street on June 11, 2009, 07:51:55 PM
Brolly claims on public radio that Fergal's face and arm was purposely and maliciously stamped upon by some Monaghan boot as he lay on the ground and had blood pumping from a wound afterwards. This is a very serious allegation. Does it have any merit?

This photograph was taken not long after he was stamped upon. Was directly in line with Fergal when he tripped clerkin and he clearly had blood coming from his mouth. Explains why he lashed out.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Common/NewGallery/fergaldoherty2.jpg

the green man

8 weeks would have resulted in a 4 game ban. Would that have been appropriate

the green man

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on June 11, 2009, 10:36:59 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 11, 2009, 07:51:55 PM

This photograph was taken not long after he was stamped upon. Was directly in line with Fergal when he tripped clerkin and he clearly had blood coming from his mouth. Explains why he lashed out.

RTE didnt catch what happened

JMohan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 11, 2009, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 11, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
We're not talking about both teams - We're talking about Tommy Freeman - I said he had been sent of many times for his club and was no angel - you called me out - well back it up then.

Well which is it? Hot air or truth?

You can't bullshit the truth ... has he been sent off many times for Magheracloone or not?
You clearly didn't. But it suits you now to change your story to club football when you've realised his disciplinary record for county.

And you may only be talking about Tommy Freeman, but it hardly makes sense to talk about his disciplinary record outside of the context of other players - you compared his record to "almost any footballer on that county team". Anyway, you still haven't cited any specific examples to support your argument - if there are many, as you claim, you should be able to mention 5 at least.
So you're saying he's a Saint then?
Oh ok then.