Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Spike

Perhaps we're just used to more humility 🤷‍♂️
Im sure LD will be back hungry again next year

Sportacus

The Chairman's apology statement to the disabled supporter is going down like a lead balloon.  The question on my mind is he says Belfast City Council wouldn't allow car access after 2pm.  What's that all about?  And no matter who sets the rules, are we seriously telling disabled patrons they must be in the ground TWO HOURS before throw-in, while the rest of us finish our dinner.

Belfast GAA man

Best championship in living memory
Surely 5 players from LD , PG1 and Cargin is a must for Lenny. The big lad Dunne from LD and the big minor from Cargin would be top of my list

Spike

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2019, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Spike on October 13, 2019, 09:59:19 AM
Perhaps we're just used to more humility 🤷‍♂️
Im sure LD will be back hungry again next year
I think you are just looking a reason to be offended.

You'd be wrong again then

There was nothing offensive about his comments, only needless  bravado.

Spike

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 13, 2019, 10:49:01 AM
Best championship in living memory
Surely 5 players from LD , PG1 and Cargin is a must for Lenny. The big lad Dunne from LD and the big minor from Cargin would be top of my list

Yes, championship certainly felt a lot more even this year..  LD will surely have more representation at the county next year.  Who knows about cargin??

imtommygunn

Sweeney midfield for a very good Dublin club side. Must be doing alright. Ld some good wee players but might be a bit physically small for county is the only thing. Gribben from Cargin and Mckeown ld very good but a bit small.

Shivers a bit young yet but looks very useful.

Also would be good to see Tomas McCann back. Still got it as they say.

bannside

LD had 5 representatives on last years panel. (Murrays, Lynch, Quinn and Eoin Mc Keown). You could easily add another couple of names to that. A fit Pearse Fitz top of my list, and Marc Jordan others I'd be keen on. If every player in the county made themselves available we would be out of div 4 in a flash.

Im sure Lenny has got a lot of new names of his own now to consider, hopefully the best will get called up and accept the offer.

bannside

Tomas surely ITG sure hes only early thirties plenty of football in him. And yes Mark Sweeney too...playing better than ever now. Another couple of top quality marquee forwards are Conor Small and Adam Loughran. Pure quality and plenty of youth. Id be fairly sure those two are priorities on Lennys list.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: aontroim on October 12, 2019, 10:35:12 AM
Quote from: Peter john on October 11, 2019, 01:33:00 PM
Next year that 17 Yr old will be able to play Sen/Res but not u21 this year, only in antrim, muppets

Not only in Antrim but in all counties.
new rule?

breakingball

Dinner at 2pm on a Saturday... most of us still be eating our lunch.

Nothing to do with the chairman, but at least he is trying to explain the situation rather than shy away from it.

Quote from: Sportacus on October 13, 2019, 10:02:42 AM
The Chairman's apology statement to the disabled supporter is going down like a lead balloon.  The question on my mind is he says Belfast City Council wouldn't allow car access after 2pm.  What's that all about?  And no matter who sets the rules, are we seriously telling disabled patrons they must be in the ground TWO HOURS before throw-in, while the rest of us finish our dinner.

Na Glinntí Glasa

seen the new rule change yesterday at U21 level in action. we were down in Aghagallon with the 21's and they had a player black carded. off he went and no one went on.

we said to the lads 'here you know that wasnt a red and you can bring on a player' to which they said they cant cause the the subs were all first year minors and they only had 15 players.

thats total nonsense of a rule change esp when you have 4 lads sitting there and clubs struggling with nos.

decent game between ourselves and some good scores taken. happy with our performance as it was the first time we had met up since the county final last year lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Dunsilly King

it was a fantastic football championship this year, Cargin coming out in top, well deserved winners as they had the better overall quality at the end. Cargins bench won it for them and I have to say the management of it as well. LD deserve massive credit for the way they played over the entire campaign. They will feel that they blew it last weekend being unable to see out the final ten minutes of the game, that will be the game that will hunt them, they had a championship in their hands and couldn't see it out. Felt sorry for them last week. Cargin could have been accused of the same thing trying to defend a four point lead in injury time of normal time on Saturday, but no one considered the refs contribution in all of it. He did the opposite of the ref the week before who didn't add on time for two black cards and stoppages in injury time. And that's at the heart of the problem with refs, you don't have any consistency even with such basics like that, they don't help themselves in any way. There were some brilliant passages of play and scores as well. I can't understand how LD remained so fresh over all those games, demonstrating no fatigue at all and literally having no bench. I would imagine there are few in Cargin would have thought they couldn't win extra time without Paul, Gerard and especially Mick Mc Cann. But it didn't hinder Cargin. I wonder how long they can go on, quite a few younger players making their way unto the team with Shivers starting at Mf on Saturday. The find for LD this season has to be Jordan, he played some ball, surely has to be invited to the county squad. The two Murrays, although Ryan was v poor most of the championship and Lynch the only county standard I seen. Rice did well but only club standard. Cargin, Croizer, T McCann, M Mc Cann and C Bradley at county standard for me. Delighted to see football in the front window again in our county.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 14, 2019, 08:48:15 AM
seen the new rule change yesterday at U21 level in action. we were down in Aghagallon with the 21's and they had a player black carded. off he went and no one went on.

we said to the lads 'here you know that wasnt a red and you can bring on a player' to which they said they cant cause the the subs were all first year minors and they only had 15 players.

thats total nonsense of a rule change esp when you have 4 lads sitting there and clubs struggling with nos.

decent game between ourselves and some good scores taken. happy with our performance as it was the first time we had met up since the county final last year lol
I'm hearing one team yesterday had only 14 b cos they couldn't play 17 year olds and another used 17 yr olds to field. Do these things not get discussed at county meetings?
The chairman has shown this year common sense should override rules - time to step in and end this ban on 1st year minors at least for the knockout phase

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 14, 2019, 08:48:15 AM

Why were they even togged out then
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012