Eurovision final here we come!!

Started by rrhf, May 08, 2018, 10:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Was in a pub at a function and the TV was on with no sound (why do they do this in pubs). Was ignoring it the best I could but was delighted to spot the Icelandic band sticking up for human rights. Iceland has a history of doing things correctly. Like with the economic crisis in 2008 - bankers and politicians got jailed, bondholders got burned. Fair play to them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 21, 2019, 10:00:46 AM
Was in a pub at a function and the TV was on with no sound (why do they do this in pubs). Was ignoring it the best I could but was delighted to spot the Icelandic band sticking up for human rights. Iceland has a history of doing things correctly. Like with the economic crisis in 2008 - bankers and politicians got jailed, bondholders got burned. Fair play to them.

The Palestinians were not happy at all, they actually gave off about their token gesture.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Apparently this years contest has been cancelled.

Not a fan of it, but why couldn't they had each act perform in their own country? They don't really need to be in the same place. People would still be able to vote. It would be a few hours distraction. For some, anyway.

BennyCake

Christ almighty, I mean it was always rubbish, but what the f**k has this turned into?!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2021, 09:31:29 PM
Iceland to win

Get my vote. Fell upon one their songs couple weeks back, quality and good video. Think about Things shes called

Captain Obvious

Some nice eye candy on display.

Milltown Row2

RedHand88

quit yo jibbajabba

Flo Rida in da house!

Curveball!

Capt Pat

Why is one of the female presenters so big?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 22, 2021, 10:18:23 PM
Why is one of the female presenters so big?

She wasnt born female

Main Street

Commiserations to our dear Nordies, null points for the truly dismal UK entry.

I think Iceland would have won it last year. I watched their 1997 effort at Eurov in Dublin and it was an astonishing performance, though it  hardly got any points, way ahead of its time.
https://youtu.be/b9-Ld4bojTM?t=12

Helix.

UK scoring same as Ireland. Brexit didn't do any favours  8)