The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Liverpool lucky Morata is such a poor striker

brokencrossbar1

Frustrating night. I blame it all on me posting about trebles so I'll shut my fat mouth  ;D

johnnycool

Quote from: tyroneman on February 19, 2020, 08:35:46 AM
Liverpool lucky Morata is such a poor striker

He must have kicked himself with the goal at his mercy.

2 - 0 to Liverpool in the return leg

screenexile

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 19, 2020, 10:04:34 AM
Frustrating night. I blame it all on me posting about trebles so I'll shut my fat mouth  ;D

A few of you lads have been losing the run of yourselves of late!!

Look-Up!

Not a bad result for Liverpool if a little dangerous. Athletico will be hard to break down in Anfield and conceding to them there would be a disaster. But I'd still slightly fancy them to go through. If they can score early then should be comfortable.

An Watcher

Liverpool will be aiming for 3 goals which should be enough. Easier said than done though against athletico. They are well used to playing against better teams and stopping them

thebuzz

Quote from: An Watcher on February 19, 2020, 05:22:31 PM
Liverpool will be aiming for 3 goals which should be enough. Easier said than done though against athletico. They are well used to playing against better teams and stopping them

Can't see it being like the Barcelona (Anfield) tie last year but hopefully they can get a result.

johnnycool

Quote from: thebuzz on February 19, 2020, 05:28:28 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on February 19, 2020, 05:22:31 PM

Can't see it being like the Barcelona (Anfield) tie last year but hopefully they can get a result.

No chance of that happening. Athletic will park more than one bus at Anfield and are seasoned at holding out against the odds.

This is a serious test for Klopp and he knows it.

north_antrim_hound

Don't think a Early exit from the CL is a serious heartbreak, this year was all about the premiership and it's looking like a done deal. Apart from the extra revenue it's no biggy to most LFC fans this year.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Boycey

Bullshit, if ur in it u might as well win it.   

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2020, 12:48:30 PM

So you think the CL is a priority, this is not Man U we are talking about here, LFC have CL trophy's coming out of their Ass. Would we take another yes of course but there is only one thing that will placate most LFC fans and that's in the post. Anything else this year is a bonus but no biggy if it doesn't happen.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Boycey

The league is done ffs, ur one of the best teams in the CL this meh we're not that arsed about it doesn't wash. Will the season be a success without out it? Yes. Would it be a whole pile sweeter with it? Oh yeah

And I'll ignore the trolling  ;)

BennyCake

League wrapped up. They could field half a team from now on and still win it. Liverpool should be going all out to win the CL again.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on February 20, 2020, 12:54:02 PM
Quote from: Boycey on February 20, 2020, 12:48:30 PM

So you think the CL is a priority, this is not Man U we are talking about here, LFC have CL trophy's coming out of their Ass. Would we take another yes of course but there is only one thing that will placate most LFC fans and that's in the post. Anything else this year is a bonus but no biggy if it doesn't happen.

Sorry but this is nonsense. Liverpool fans have waited years and years for this team to come around. They have won one trophy (Two if we count this years PL). That is not enough. What goes up, must come down, nothing lasts forever in sport as we all know.

quit yo jibbajabba

Disagree. Id be happy with the Prem. Either fa cup or another champs league be a great bonus but its when ye start talkin about doubles and trebles ye get accused of losin the run of yourself. Also history shows that its pretty hard to win consecutive champs leagues. And the fact that pool are now in a great position to compete for next season or two again will keep most happy.  #mytuppence