The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambrose

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on December 27, 2019, 09:47:19 PM
It's the hope that kills ya

It's over, it was over before tonight, but Liverpool cannot and will not lose this. Sit back, relax and enjoy every moment from here on in. This is the best Liverpool team, playing the best football I have ever seen and I've been following them since the mid 70's.

They'll present the trophy at City in April and Pep will be on the first flight back to Spain.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

north_antrim_hound

F..k me lads is there any way we can lose this thing after tonight
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

From the Bunker

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on December 27, 2019, 10:52:29 PM

Oh there is! A plethora of injuries to players like Mane, Allison, Virgil. A Champions League run to tire the legs. And a run in the FA Cup.

Liverpool are 1/20 with the Bookies.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 27, 2019, 10:59:52 PM

Oh there is! A plethora of injuries to players like Mane, Allison, Virgil. A Champions League run to tire the legs. And a run in the FA Cup.

Should just play the younglads in the FA Cup. I don't care that its Everton they are playing.
Only one thing matters this season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

north_antrim_hound

Yeah I know I know and no one should know better than a Liverpool fan to keep it quiet even with a healthy lead but jaysus if this goes south I am going under ground. No other team could be 13 points up and a game in hand and you'd still be sweating.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: laoislad on December 27, 2019, 11:22:45 PM

Should just play the younglads in the FA Cup. I don't care that its Everton they are playing.

Agreed even a CL trophy is expendable this year

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on December 27, 2019, 11:22:45 PM

+1

If by some Miracle the League is won early and we are still in the FA Cup. Then we should naturally have a go. But i'd not lose sleep over Everton doing us.

Klopp and co will not hold back on the Champions League. That is where the real money is and it influences attracting the best players.

Tony Baloney

f**k it lads, I don't care if we win every match 1-0 for the rest of the season. I'm 43, so I can remember what it was like as a kid to see my team winning the league. There's an entire generation out there who haven't seen Liverpool win this, so it's the only show in town for me this year. Only when it mathematically in the bag will I believe it.

J70

f**k the FA Cup.

Adrian, Shaq, Origi, Elliott, Jones and the rest of them should all be in the team for that game. If they win, great. If not, it'll be a bit of rest for the real stuff.

Ball Hopper

Leicester are in second place on 39 points with 19 games left:  39+57 = 96 max points for the Foxes.

Liverpool therefore need 97 points to be mathematically sure of the title.  As they have 20 games left and with 52 points already in the bag, a mere 45 points needed to mathematically clinch the title.

Liverpool games in Feb and Mar look particularly nice, although Champions League will be on at the same time

10 wins and 10 draws should do it from here.

From the Bunker

Wolves VAR off-side goal a joke. (and I'm a Liverpool supporter)

Hound

VAR got both decisions spot on.

The offside rule should be changed though to give more advantage to the attacking team. Mane had a great header ruled out a couple of games ago for being a centimetre offside.

bennydorano

laoislad

Another win for the World Champions. :D
Tired enough performance but deserved in the end.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on December 29, 2019, 06:27:52 PM
Another win for the World Champions. :D
Tired enough performance but deserved in the end.

Job done! Wolves are a good tough side and were very unlucky with the VAR call on their goal.

Phenomenal run!