MOT query

Started by God14, June 12, 2017, 09:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: BennyCake on March 04, 2020, 04:42:54 PM
Here, what's the situation around the MOT test now?

Mine is up mid May. Will probably get a reminder early to mid April.

At this stage, how long of a delay is there?

Mine is up at end of March, booked and paid as normal and got a slot on the 12th. Just got an exemption form in post today which is valid until end of July. Money to be refunded and up to me to rebook before end of July.

BennyCake

Quote from: Stevie Nicks on March 04, 2020, 04:58:51 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 04, 2020, 04:42:54 PM
Here, what's the situation around the MOT test now?

Mine is up mid May. Will probably get a reminder early to mid April.

At this stage, how long of a delay is there?

Mine is up at end of March, booked and paid as normal and got a slot on the 12th. Just got an exemption form in post today which is valid until end of July. Money to be refunded and up to me to rebook before end of July.

So how far ahead are you able to book?

BennyCake

I thought MOT cover notes were being sent out automatically?

Haven't got one yet, and MOT is up end of June.

What's the deal? Anybody else in this predicament?

MoChara

Quote from: BennyCake on June 22, 2020, 02:31:02 PM

I had two cars coming up on their dates and both automatically updated, previous to covid you had to book the test and then you received the extension.

I bought a car during all this and changed owner online but its near 10 weeks and no Tax book yet, anyone else have this problem?

BennyCake

Quote from: MoChara on June 22, 2020, 02:33:26 PM

I had two cars coming up on their dates and both automatically updated, previous to covid you had to book the test and then you received the extension.

Yes, I had to book a couple months ago for a MOT. They then sent out a cover note. But you can't book a test online now, they're supposed to just send you out a cover note automatically.

Also, you can check online when your MOT expires. Still says end of June

shantygael

I bought a car during all this and changed owner online but its near 10 weeks and no Tax book yet, anyone else have this problem?
Bought  a car from prentice trade ,portadown 9th march, no log book yet ,only got through to them last week as they are back at work now,they said they are dealing with it and are to get back to me. Swansea hard to get through to doesn't help. Typed registration  into dvla website and car is  coming up as taxed and mot renewed automatically from Saturday for 6 months.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

JohnDenver

Quote from: shantygael on June 22, 2020, 08:36:41 PM

Bought  a car from prentice trade ,portadown 9th march, no log book yet ,only got through to them last week as they are back at work now,they said they are dealing with it and are to get back to me. Swansea hard to get through to doesn't help. Typed registration  into dvla website and car is  coming up as taxed and mot renewed automatically from Saturday for 6 months.

What's the idea with the 6 month exemption - my reckoning was that it was 12 months exemption unless you car is 4 years old and waiting on it's first MOT?

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-and-motoring

MoChara

Quote from: shantygael on June 22, 2020, 08:36:41 PM

Yeah at the bottom of that gov website it says date last log book issues and it's still from last year is what concerns me, the last boy who had her wouldn't be happy getting my m50 notifications in

thebuzz

The son got a notification to say that his MOT is due on 01st October. Happy enough to have got an extra six months out of it with the lockdown.

However it says on the reminder that you can only book by phone and all you get is an instant message saying that 'Our lines are extremely busy, please try again later'. To me that is atrocious service. You wouldn't mind holding in a queue if you were going to get answered sometime. Anyone else experiencing this?

imtommygunn

Not personally but I was talking to a boy who was ranting on facebook about it and he sounds to be in the same conundrum.

redzone

You can check online, they have prob already give u another extension

johnnycool

Quote from: redzone on September 14, 2020, 06:12:36 PM

All Im seeing is that MOT's are currently suspended.......

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/book-view-change-or-cancel-mot-vehicle-test

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2020, 05:21:40 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 15, 2020, 05:14:36 PM

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/book-view-change-or-cancel-mot-vehicle-test
You can check when your car is due tax/mot by putting in registration. This is where I've seen my MOT date moved back twice. Google "check car tax" or something.

I think this is what redzone means?

Yeah after checking that they have pushed mine on until April 21

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

marty34

Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2020, 06:15:27 PM

You can check when your car is due tax/mot by putting in registration. This is where I've seen my MOT date moved back twice. Google "check car tax" or something.

When do they stop pushing the MOT's back?
My wagon is up for MOT in December - I wonder will they be back up and running full steam at that stage or will there still be a backlog?

Minder

Quote from: marty34 on September 15, 2020, 06:43:36 PM
Quote from: Minder on September 15, 2020, 06:15:27 PM

When do they stop pushing the MOT's back?
My wagon is up for MOT in December - I wonder will they be back up and running full steam at that stage or will there still be a backlog?

I would say you will be extended, mine was due late October
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"