Leinster Club Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, August 19, 2018, 03:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on November 05, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Courtwood are a lovely side, but I would fear the heavier ground might not play to their players strengths. Annanough on the other hand might be built for this time of year. Time will tell.
That's not a bad theory at all. The forecast for the week is not great either.

From the Terrace

I think/hope portlaoise will win. I fear for annanough & courtwood game is a flick of a coin, hopefully they get through.

Helix

Good win for Portlaoise today. Much the better side overall  but missed good few chances up front. Tough conditions stepped up when needed. Another day out in 2 weeks in Parnell Park vs Kilmacud Crokes.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

High Fielder

It was a real team performance and a deserved win. It's no mean feat beating Moorefield in their own back yard and I thought Portlaoise coped with all challenges put in front of them. I thought the young Finn lad was man of the match by a mile, as he had Hurley Lynch in his pocket. Cahir struggled with O Connor and it's going to be tough for him going week after week. O Connor instigated that mini row after their goal and sneakily took a dive when challenged by Healy. Classy players like him don't need to resort to that sort of stuff and I'm delighted he's licking his wounds tonight.

Work rate and togetherness were a big factor in today's performance. Of course Kilmacud in Parnell Parkwon't be easy, but Portlaoise need to take encouragement from today and build on it. Was Saunders dropped or is he injured?

Helix

Quote from: High Fielder on November 11, 2018, 05:35:55 PM
It was a real team performance and a deserved win. It's no mean feat beating Moorefield in their own back yard and I thought Portlaoise coped with all challenges put in front of them. I thought the young Finn lad was man of the match by a mile, as he had Hurley Lynch in his pocket. Cahir struggled with O Connor and it's going to be tough for him going week after week. O Connor instigated that mini row after their goal and sneakily took a dive when challenged by Healy. Classy players like him don't need to resort to that sort of stuff and I'm delighted he's licking his wounds tonight.

Work rate and togetherness were a big factor in today's performance. Of course Kilmacud in Parnell Parkwon't be easy, but Portlaoise need to take encouragement from today and build on it. Was Saunders dropped or is he injured?

Saunders was injured I heard. Benny Carroll injured too.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

welcomehome

I thought it was portlaoise best performance yet..they played so well,Look very strong this year,,it was great to be able to bring on brian glynn.. saunders and benny carroll are injured. Iwas great to see portlaoise with a big support from all over the county..it will be a tought match against kilmacd,but i think we can di it...

Heshs Umpire

Didn't get there but delighted Portlaoise did the business today. Anytime a Laois team beats a Kildare team, it's a good days work.
That's the job our own lads have in 2 weeks time and it should be a tough one. TMH are very highly rated.
Yesterday, we had a poor first half up in Ardee but that six week lay off surely played some part. Good third quarter and dug it out in the last 10 minutes. #newbridgeornowhere 🙂
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

Jd

Was at both  Courtwood and Portlaoise  matches  Portlaoise looked very strong and I felt were never really in trouble  I felt they had that bit more class and were able to keep Moorefield at arms length both Lillis  and Mcevoy were strong at midfield and Bruno  is the fulcrum around which the forwards  revolve. I'd leading their experiences in previous years will stand to them  I said earlier  that their year is designed to start now and see no reason to change.  I think they'll give Kilmacud  a serious rattle.  Courtwood  looked awful yesterday for long periods and in my opinion  it was just from a long lay off.  Passes were going astray and balls dropped  that earlier  in the year were going straight  to hand.  That said Niall  Donoher  got injured after 5 min and was at around  quarter  pace for the match.  I found it strange  that they  left him on.  they got going well in the 20 minutes after half time and ate the other crowd up.   Young flynn appears  to be the real deal.  Every time I see him he's  getting  better.  They did enough  to hold on despite  giving away a shocking  goal at the end.  I feel  sorry for Annanough  cos they got a hiding but they did very well to win the junior  and will be happy enough with the year they've had.  It's good to see our club teams being so well supported  outside the county with all clubs bringing  big crowds with them

town1980

A super performance today delighted with the boys and please god more to come, chair brilliant first half struggled second half,hard to see any club team beat us in laois as Moore field have a massive hold on Kildare club football,,well done boys all roads lead to Parnell par great support from the laois people we do hate Kildare

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on November 11, 2018, 09:48:09 PM
A super performance today delighted with the boys and please god more to come, chair brilliant first half struggled second half,hard to see any club team beat us in laois as Moore field have a massive hold on Kildare club football,,well done boys all roads lead to Parnell par great support from the laois people we do hate Kildare
You're f**king from Kildare

Blow-in

Quote from: town1980 on November 11, 2018, 09:48:09 PM

Can anyone translate this?

Unlaoised

Portlaoise were superb yesterday and really deserved their win .

They won the physical battle which many said they wouldnt .

They were helped by a shocking first half performance by the moorefield net minder who was so bad he was replaced at half time he gifted portlaoise 1-3 in the first half .

Portlaoise were a bit naive near the end and should have killed the game earlier but it made for a great spectacle the kildare crowd were sick around me but youd be happy cause some of the insults thrown at Portlaoise players was a disgrace.

I thought Mcevoy was outstanding as was P cahillane he kicked some wonder points .

Brody did well apart from the goal and his run at the end was as enjoyable as it was tense great stuff to watch .

That Flanagan chap has the makings of a great player despite kicking one stray one Bruno was excellent everything stuck with the veteran full forward.

Great to see so many from Laois there to support Portlaoise seen lads from Rathenskia Stradbally Ballyfin Borris castletown mountmellick and Ballyroan .

Hopefully a few more will travel in two weeks when they face the cocky Kilmacud in Parnell park .

LAOIS ABÚ

Leixlad

A fine performance from Portlaoise.  No mean feat going to the home of the reigning Leinster champions and knocking them out.
I thought Portlaoise were much stronger all over the field with Moorefield still relying on Sweeney to carry them when it mattered most. Jesus they were shocking in the first half.

Portlaoise started brightly and seemed to have a grip on the game almost all over the field but especially at midfield. But for all the dominance they were on 2 points up and i felt they needed the goal badly and then it came, a gift from the goalie. Brody made couple of smart saves in the first half to keep them out which was important playing with the wind. Not sure what went through his head for the goal but he looked as stunned as anyone! Its not hard to forgive him in fairness, especially with the run he went on near the end, as someone said it was great drama and excitement! 

Thought Portlaoise reacted really well to the goal kicking 3 points without reply and that was game over really. Moorefield never looked like pulling Portlaoise back. Some great defending from Portlaoise you really have to admire how they defend. Huge work rate, they dont sit too deep everyone must pick up a lose man so the man in possession has little options. Result is opposition have to kick a ball to a man marked with turnover possible rather than passing handy balls around the middle.

Chris Finn was outstanding, came out with huge amounts of balls. Holland likewise. Healy had his hands full in second half with Jack O Connors son Eanna but he will come on a ton from that. He will need to as I would imagine he will be picking up a certain P Mannion next day out. 2 midfieldes very good, McEvoy really impressed me i have to say. Lillis the wise head rarely does wrong thing. Up front Bruno was Bruno and Cahilane played a big roll, as now is normal for him to be fair.

Semi final will be a cracker, Portlaoise have every chance especially with Saunders and Carroll to come back they will feel they go there with a chance of a upset.

Great support there as someone pointed out, from all over the county. I have 3 theories there though call me cynical if you like but someone might be able to shed some light  ;D Was there a big crowd there from around Laois to a) support Portlaoise, b)see Portlaoise lose or c) see a Kildare team lose? 

Blow-in

Why would people want Portlaoise lose? If every club in Laois worked harder they might win a club championship. Anyone who hopes Portlaoise don't win a Leinster should be ashamed. A fantastic side and best of luck to them, likewise with Courtwood

Don Draper

Why in the name of jaysus would anyone go to that shithole in Kildare to see Portlaoise lose. Silly statement. And I'm happy to see a Kildare side lose in anything to anyone.