The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Not sure how kicking someone in the back of the leg, nowhere near the ball, isn't a free kick, but anyway.  The ref seemed to have his sight of it blocked.  The bigger issue was that we didn't really get going until the second half.  A lot of that was down to Manu's good work in harrying, sitting deep and generally making life hard, esp for both full-backs.  From the match stats  we were the dominant team, but in open play a draw was as much as Liverpool deserved on the day.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Denn Forever

They didn't what every under aged team is taught.  Play to the whistle
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

johnnycool

Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 01:50:12 AM
Henderson was very poor today. Team got much better when Ox and Lallana came in. And Liverpool got very little joy down the right - Salah definitely missed, not least due to the knock-on effect of the changes, although Origi did well for the first half hour (I scarcely remember him after that).

What did you expect, sure didn't the lad get the shin/calf kicked clean off him.

Lucky not to have a broken leg.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 10:44:46 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2019, 07:45:55 AM
Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 01:47:31 AM
Quote from: hardstation on October 20, 2019, 10:47:44 PM
Quote from: square_ball on October 20, 2019, 05:34:11 PM
It's a non contact sport now so it's probably a free kick.
Exactly my thinking. The game has changed a lot in recent years, any slight touch is not allowed. Anyone who ever played a game of football would be saying "ffs, you're not getting that".

J70, to suggest that it was sore, review with a clear head please.

You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree. Kick to the calf is sore. Or maybe I've a lower pain threshold than yourself.

That free gets given every weekend in the Premier League.
A kick to the calf could be sore. Someone lightly tapping you on the calf isn't. Although, I think you know this.

It happened in real time, not slow motion replay.
Invisible in real time and definitely not enough contact to effect the dramatic fall to ground. Most probably the ref did not deem it enough contact  for a foul (probably the fall was deemed overly dramatic) and let the game proceed, not as Klopp claimed that the ref let the game  proceed on the provisio that he could call on a review should anything transpire.

But one thing missing is that the ref himself  should review the incident on video.

under the bar

Linekar has called Origi out as a pathetic diving wuss. Gaz should know.

Boycey

Not a fan of VAR as I've said on here several times before and personally would be be happy to see both goals allowed based on what the ref saw or didn't see. But in a world where VAR does exist anyone that doesn't know why United goal stood and Liverpool's didnt doesn't understand how VAR works. 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 21, 2019, 10:19:28 AM
Historically United always have been difficult, no matter how good we were and shite they were. We are 9 games into the season, 1/4 of the way through the season, are unbeaten, on top by 6 points and have a few tough games gone. United away is always one of the hardest games of the year. A number of tough games between now and playing City in November so it will be crucial to get a win against Genk during the week and Spurs next weekend.

Should be no probs in beating both teams. Spurs are having a torrid run of form.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: Boycey on October 21, 2019, 01:38:44 PM
Not a fan of VAR as I've said on here several times before and personally would be be happy to see both goals allowed based on what the ref saw or didn't see. But in a world where VAR does exist anyone that doesn't know why United goal stood and Liverpool's didnt doesn't understand how VAR works.

Mane goal was correctly disallowed under the ridiculous current interpretation of handball. And under the handball rules, it's a straightforward did it touch his hand or not?

Origi foul came down to whether VAR review showed a clear or obvious or whatever the term is error on the part of the ref. Did to me. Some of the pundits too. Plenty others disagree, not least on here. And therein lies the issue. Some things in sports are not black and white and will always cause dispute. The handball rule, much as I personally hate it and consider it unfair, is pretty clear.

Boycey

Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 02:14:23 PM

Mane goal was correctly disallowed under the ridiculous current interpretation of handball. And under the handball rules, it's a straightforward did it touch his hand or not?

Origi foul came down to whether VAR review showed a clear or obvious or whatever the term is error on the part of the ref. Did to me. Some of the pundits too. Plenty others disagree, not least on here. And therein lies the issue. Some things in sports are not black and white and will always cause dispute. The handball rule, much as I personally hate it and consider it unfair, is pretty clear.

So we agree then  :)

J70

Quote from: Boycey on October 21, 2019, 02:18:37 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 21, 2019, 02:14:23 PM

So we agree then  :)

Yes. :)

I misread your last sentence as a question! :-[

t_mac

Quote from: under the bar on October 21, 2019, 01:34:59 PM
Linekar has called Origi out as a pathetic diving wuss. Gaz should know.

You really do need therapy - have you not signed up yet, a football team which you have no affiliation to, an English one at that, and you can get this wound up, dry your eyes kid, or at the very least take a f**king reddner, you are a complete embarrassment to yourself and your family.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 20, 2019, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 20, 2019, 06:26:00 PM
Very poor performance. Can't afford to drop points against these type of teams

Nope, but you did. Imagine, only drawing with the team who are 13th.
14th.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on October 22, 2019, 07:57:27 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 20, 2019, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 20, 2019, 06:26:00 PM
Very poor performance. Can't afford to drop points against these type of teams

Nope, but you did. Imagine, only drawing with the team who are 13th.
14th.
Worse again! ;)

United, that is!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

dec

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/369478-genk-v-liverpool-team-news-champions-league

Liverpool must make at least two changes for Wednesday night's Champions League tie with Belgian title-holders Genk. Trent Alexander-Arnold (virus) and Joel Matip (knee) were not part of the 19-man travelling squad for the Reds' third match in Group E. Jürgen Klopp will therefore have to alter the back four that began the 1-1 draw with Manchester United at Old Trafford last weekend.

The boss has been boosted by the return of Mohamed Salah, however, after he was not involved on Sunday. The Egypt international was named in the squad for the 8pm BST kick-off and his potential availability was described as 'promising' by the manager. "We have to wait [to see] how he reacts overnight," said Klopp. "We will not go [for] any risk. [On Tuesday] it looked really good, that was important."

Xherdan Shaqiri remains unavailable, Nathaniel Clyne is a long-term absentee, and Ki-Jana Hoever has departed for the FIFA U17 World Cup with the Netherlands.

On the possibility of changes, Klopp said: "We have to change two positions already with Joel and Trent anyway, then let's see what we can do on top of that. "But it's never [just] for changing, it's always for being best prepared for the next opponent – and that's Genk. "We wanted to find a team, and I think we found it, which can make life uncomfortable for Genk, that's a very important part of the game."