The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Terrible news of course but jeez twitter would fry your head. Theres this little thing called a transfer window come Jan if Matip/Gomez/Fabinho get injured or dont perform. Far far from ideal but the world hasnt ended...my tuppence

supersub

World hasn't ended you are right. However the additions to the squad who were the catalyst to a first title in 30 years are both currently out. One long term. You could forgive people for being disappointed.

laoislad

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 18, 2020, 06:23:33 PM
Terrible news of course but jeez twitter would fry your head. Theres this little thing called a transfer window come Jan if Matip/Gomez/Fabinho get injured or dont perform. Far far from ideal but the world hasnt ended...my tuppence
True January is only around the corner and if VVD is out for the season or the best part of it then you'd expect a new signing in January, but there are a lot of games between now and then including all the CL group games and City away etc.
He's a massive loss.

Hopefully we'll see Becker back soon and apparently Thiago isn't badly injured but won't travel to Ajax.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armamike

Horrible for VVD on a personal level. Will be in a low place tonight and the next few weeks. I just hope he can come at back as good. Massive loss for Liverpool. Allison needed back badly.
That's just, like your opinion man.

An Watcher

All this coverage of VVD has masked how poor Adrian is. They really need an improvement there

gawa316

Quote from: An Watcher on October 19, 2020, 07:37:59 AM
All this coverage of VVD has masked how poor Adrian is. They really need an improvement there

No it hasn't...wasn't at fault for either goal

delgany

Sniffed around Jack Butland in the summer...he was sold for 500k this week to Palace.

GetOverTheBar

Double edged sword really, many Liverpool fans have been quick to say Van Dijk was on Maldini level and this type of online propaganda....of course he was not. But now you will really see how good Van Dijk is, which is not really what any Liverpool fan wanted to see in practice.

Liverpool are still the best team in England without Van Dijk, however the pressure is now on Salah, Mane and most especially Firmino to lead their line.

johnnycool

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 19, 2020, 09:47:18 AM

Double edged sword really, many Liverpool fans have been quick to say Van Dijk was on Maldini level and this type of online propaganda....of course he was not. But now you will really see how good Van Dijk is, which is not really what any Liverpool fan wanted to see in practice.

Liverpool are still the best team in England without Van Dijk, however the pressure is now on Salah, Mane and most especially Firmino to lead their line.

I'm no Liverpool fan but VVD as I said at the time was worth every penny they waited and paid Southampton for him.

I believe he definitely the best CB in the premiership by a country mile, and what little European club stuff I see it's hard to see better out there at the minute.

Only time will tell if he's up there with Maldini, but he's certainly worth talking about in that company.

See Carragher talking a bit of sense on the Pickford tackle and it was indeed a very poor tackle.

David McKeown

2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

quit yo jibbajabba

Matip had a scan after the match too. No issues detected.....good centre half but the big lads made of biscuits, if he plays through to Jan it will be a miracle

J70

Apparently Alisson will be back by the end of the month, and definitely by the City game. Thiago's injury not serious either, although he will be out for the Ajax game.