DUBLIN v TYRONE JANUARY 2009 CROKE PARK

Started by Canalman, September 29, 2008, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

THE Dublin County Board Communications Committee have produced a special commemorative match programme for tomorrow night's Dublin v Tyrone NFL Division 1 opener at Croke Park - a clash which will launch the GAA's 125th anniversary celebrations.

The 116-page colour production (front cover on right) includes interviews with both managers, Pat Gilroy and Mickey Harte, player profiles on Ciarán Whelan, Tomás Quinn and Seán Cavanagh. Dr Paul Rouse, a noted historian, has charted the journey the GAA has taken down the decades since its formation in 1884 which makes very interesting reading.

A wide range of personalities also commit their thoughts to the programme including An Taoiseach Brian Cowen, President Mary McAleese,Irish rugby stars Brian O'Driscoll and Malcolm O'Kelly former Dublin star Dessie Farrell, Tyrone's first All-Ireland winning captain Peter Canavan, actor Brendan Gleeson, Economic professor Finbarr Bradley, former Cork hurling manager John Allen, journalists Eugene McGee, Tom Humphries, Eamon Dunphy, Tom McGurk, Des Cahill, Cathal Mac Coille and Con Houlihan, among many others.

The programme costs €5 and is available inside the ground.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Declan

Must say I'm looking forward to heading in shortly. The more I think about it, we are privileged to be invited to open the celebrations along with the reigning champions - I'm sure every other county would love to be part of this occasion so I hope the lads realise this and perform - I'm sure they will give it a good blast anyway. Enjoy the game and Up the Dubs

Redhandfan

Yep, I will be setting off shortly myself for what I hope will be a great occasion in the capital tonight.  Hope the weather doesn't turn things into a damp squib....it is still pissing rain up here in the black north.

Having read through the last 10 or so pages in this thread, as well as the various newspaper match previews during the week, I can't help feel a little uncomfortable about how strongly tipped Tyrone are to win the game.  Whatever about the strength of our full forward line, they will only be as good as the service they are getting from further outfield.  

There is no doubt Mickey has opted to select his strongest side possible for this clash and, while I am cautiously optimistic, there is still that niggling doubt that the Dubs could really revel in the role of underdog tonight.  Gilroy and co are going into the game in exactly the same position as Tyrone were before that never-to-be-forgotten All-Ireland Quarter Final last summer.  It is never a bad thing to be written off!

What I will be most interested in this evening is seeing how Tyrone handle the tag of 'firm favourites' in their first serious match since last September's All-Ireland triumph and how our defence copes without the formidable presence of Conor Gormley, who has been Tyrone's talisman defender for several years now and IMO one of the greatest backs ever to have worn the Red Hand jersey.

leenie

just about to head.........

it seems like ..................4 months since i was in croker!

hears to a good night!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

Square Ball

Is this not on anywhere for us Nordies?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gnevin

Well off to the Neutral Venue now , should be good can't wait for  Hector ;)

P.S I predict Dubs to lose by at least 4 .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 31, 2009, 04:45:38 PM
Have you and tankie decided to go G?
i don't know about Tankie you'd have to ask him but I was never not going .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bitta-Banter

Does any1 no if theres anywhere you can watch the match apart from Setanta??

ziggysego

The pub, which is where I'm off to now.

Good Luck Tyrone!
Testing Accessibility

new devil

rory

There's a TVAnts and Sopcast link here (don't know if either is working):

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=29627&part=sports

Can't see anything on justin.tv yet....

Trevor Hill

At the minute it is being shown "free" on Channel 418, though I expect they will scramble it before throw in.

passedit

Quote from: rory on January 31, 2009, 07:01:16 PM
There's a TVAnts and Sopcast link here (don't know if either is working):

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=29627&part=sports

Can't see anything on justin.tv yet....

It's up on tvants now.

Don't Panic

Trevor Hill

Like the old style jersies, maybe O`Neills will learn something and keep their designs plain and simple, they look so much better than some of todays shirts.