Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gorm agus bui

Quote from: NedFlanders on January 19, 2009, 08:02:59 PM
Im only telling you what ive been told and know to my knowledge! And i can have a go if i want, everyones entitled to there say  ;) And no, im not a kingdom man!
Everyone is entitled to their say but the story about Colgan is not 100% accurate from what several county players told me at the time.

charlie stubbs

did colgan not leave the panel that time and say it was due to exam commitments?think i remember something in the irish news about it at the time.  also heard hearsay at the time that he left because he wanted to play midfield and that wasnt going to happen, but as i say that was hearsay.  doubt neds story is 100% true..

blowinharp:-)

Quote from: NedFlanders on January 19, 2009, 08:02:59 PM
Im only telling you what ive been told and know to my knowledge! And i can have a go if i want, everyones entitled to there say  ;) And no, im not a kingdom man!

the info about clarke is true, the players all want him back on the squad, but ross called the shots so where do we go from here?? ross is by all means the boss, but i feel he needs to be more consistent with his decisions..... aidan carr is going skiing in feb some time, will he will be dropped??

dodgy umpire

ross seems to be laying down the law. does this sort of approach work? from my experience a more "gentle" approach for want of a better word encourages players to behave better
The Boys in Red and Black are back

NedFlanders

Well i did say that alledgedly i heard the colgan story but i wrote what i thought was true and i it was not, sorry for the inconveinence! BUt clarke should be on the team

thewobbler

Some of the stories on here are absurd. Plainly absurd. Down GAA is like one giant Chinese whisper.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Trevor Hill on December 16, 2008, 12:11:36 AM
I hate to be critical but the new website looks terrible, its gone from bad to worse.

Although I still don`t like the new layout, the content has improved greatly and its updated more frequently.

Quote from: thewobbler on January 19, 2009, 09:40:15 PM
Some of the stories on here are absurd. Plainly absurd. Down GAA is like one giant Chinese whisper.

Some of the posters need to wise up or go back to slagging their class mates off on hoganstand.

goldenyears

i actually thought this board had a decent reputation for posters willing to take and make opinions - in recent months we have really seen the standards drop, so c'mon lads lets get back to some proper discussion and cut out the "he says / she says" :)

i am not trying to police the board but definitely we are seeing alot of the type of posts we would typically have seen on hoganstand- everyone is entitled to post but please if you're on to start rumours or add to rumour then please dont post at all

Uladh

This thread should be closed down. It's just a load of deluded people talking about fairy stories and playing make believe.
in fact, if we broaden the approach, the down county board and its constituent parts should be deleted for the same reason.

Our Nail Loney

Most of the bullshit coming from the newer members I see... Hmmmm

Brick Tamlin

i dunno about the rest of the board but this this particular thread has gone to the dogs this last 8 months or so.
where do these idiots come out of. would be interesting to see the breakdown of which clubs the Down posters are from.

these days there isnt much in the way of interesting or worthwhile discussion on this thread.

eyeswideopen

New Down Website!!
What do you think of the New Website???
At the minute they are very slow to post match results and reports so what will it be like when the season is in full flow??
I honestly see no improvement.

off the laces

Eyes, how do you think the match reports are sent in,either by the referee or a club pro. The web site admin can only operate as quick as these are sent in, as i am sure he/she cannot be at all the games. When the season kicks off i am sure all the little snags will be dealt with to ensure you get ur match reports.
Maybe u should start a petition to get all refs free blackberrys so they can e-mail the scores in maybe even the half-times ;D ;)
Keeps 'er' straight

lfdown2

Quote from: off the laces on January 20, 2009, 01:28:40 PM
Eyes, how do you think the match reports are sent in,either by the referee or a club pro. The web site admin can only operate as quick as these are sent in, as i am sure he/she cannot be at all the games. When the season kicks off i am sure all the little snags will be dealt with to ensure you get ur match reports.
Maybe u should start a petition to get all refs free blackberrys so they can e-mail the scores in maybe even the half-times ;D ;)

now there's an idea!!

eyeswideopen

At the moment there is only the East Down U20 competition to report on.
It would be nice to find the results posted within a few days of the games.
Results of Sundays games have not as of yet appeared on the Down website.
Maybe these EAST Down U20 game are of more interest to rest of the County than they are to the County U21 management team!!!