NFL DIV3

Started by mattockranger, January 27, 2009, 01:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passedit

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 30, 2009, 04:04:04 PM
QuoteAnyways i'd be very worried if minnows like Louth and Longford, for example, kept the ball kicked out to us.

Don't be worrying about us P, as if you were.  ::) 

Your mates in Kerry - they're the ones to worry about.  Hopefully Paul Barden will be fit again for your trip to Pearse Park.   :-*

Good man William, I knew I could rely on you, slim pickens otherwise. You know that we never worry about our bunnies in the queendom. 125 years and counting.

MR you strike me as the sort of boy that buys a guarddog then complains because it barks all night.
Don't Panic

Mourne Rover

It's always good fun to see people claiming Down are arrogant even though we have not won a provincial title in the last 15 seasons or a league in the last quarter of a century. We are in division three because we deserve to be there, and also because over the last two years we have managed a single away league win. Feel free to criticise us if we celebrate too much after getting promoted, but it has not happened yet.

bridgegael

Quote from: mattockranger on January 30, 2009, 12:10:26 PM
I think i did answer the question passedit and you backed it up..... ;)

mattock,  not being pedantic or anything here but you didn't really answer the question.  you said and i quote " arrogant attitude that they have a divine right to be in a higher division" you answered about ross and dj being under pressure.  were you just using the old gaelic cliche that down are arrogant and have a swagger about them or is it based on something??  just curious.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

mattockranger

I have a fondness for Down and take alot of interest in their redevelopment at the moment especially as i would know Ross...

As a louth fan jealous of your recent underage success I'm baffled that down fans just want instant success they overlook teams around them for some reason
I understand that the management are in their third season at the helm but considering these young guys are new to inter-county level i think the management is moulding these youngster correctly and doing the right thing

My thoughts stems from the basic lack of patience of down fans

passedit i suggest you go to hoganstand they'd love you there :-*
will to win is important the will to prepare to win is vital

Azzurri

NOTE:

The game between Roscommon and Offaly has been switched from Dr. Hyde Park to Kiltoom.

The move was inevitable after the recent rainfall.

Kiltoom has a much better surface and will be closer to home for the travelling Offaly support.

passedit

Quote from: mattockranger on January 31, 2009, 12:23:50 PM
I have a fondness for Down and take alot of interest in their redevelopment at the moment especially as i would know Ross...

As a louth fan jealous of your recent underage success I'm baffled that down fans just want instant success they overlook teams around them for some reason
I understand that the management are in their third season at the helm but considering these young guys are new to inter-county level i think the management is moulding these youngster correctly and doing the right thing

My thoughts stems from the basic lack of patience of down fans

passedit i suggest you go to hoganstand they'd love you there :-*

Sorry MR, they wouldn't have me there. Typical arrogant down bstard I think I was called. Ah well yis 'll just have to put up with me reinforcing the stereotype here.
i
Don't Panic

Trevor Hill

Down never do well as favourites, so I`ll tip Louth to finish top and its a lottery for second place with any one from Down, Limerick, Cavan Roscommon and maybe even Offally all in with a good shout. I would expect Longford and Tipperary to prop up the table, but we`ll have a better idea of how things stand this time tomorrow.

Ros Comáin v Uíbh Fhailí
Longfort v An Cabhán
An Lú v Luimneach
Tiobraid Árann v An Dún

bridgegael

any tipp supporters confirm that due to rainfall that pitch is flooded??

Onlooker

There has been an awful lot of rain here since Thursday, but I have not heard that the pitch is flooded, although the Ladies Football match between Tipperary and Westmeath, which was to be played in Cahir has been postponed until next week.

bridgegael

i take it that somewhere will be playable?  don't wana be going down and it called off!

Onlooker

According to the Tipperary GAA Website, the pitch was inspected today and passed as being playable.   The rain has also stopped at last, so there should not be any problem to-morrow.

Shamrock Shore

The rumours of Longford's demise were a tad over-exaggerated  ;D

Rudi

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 01, 2009, 04:05:22 PM
The rumours of Longford's demise were a tad over-exaggerated  ;D

Dont be getting to excited, only beat a Tommy Carr inspired Cavan. God love long suffering Cavan supporters with that nugget in charge.

Good wins also for Louth, Ros & Down

pedro

Fair play SS, Longford definitely proved me wrong  :-[

Louth had a great win but you'd have to question the quality of Limerick. They had no real class to unlock our defense which, in the past few seasons, hasn't exactly been watertight. Louth V Down in Newry on teh 14th will be a big one, looking forward to it already.
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

Trevor Hill

Louth shouldn't be too worried about Down, Down were poor today.