Knee Trouble

Started by winsamsoon, March 23, 2011, 03:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bob

Get an MRI......then go to a reputable physio and he/she will read the report and do what's best for you......

I developed a knee problem last summer. Went to the doctor who recommended exercises. No good then to a local physio who was shite. Guy involved in County GAA told me to have  private MRI and bring results to a physio he recommended highly. Back running after 3 sessions with him

marty34

If I do a bit of running or play a bit of football, after a while I get a sharp pain in my knee.  A real shap jolting pain.

Rest seems to be the only thing to help it.

How much is a MRI scan?

screenexile

Quote from: marty34 on April 29, 2019, 10:38:14 PM
If I do a bit of running or play a bit of football, after a while I get a sharp pain in my knee.  A real shap jolting pain.

How much is a MRI scan?

Depends where you go. The last one I paid for was in Limavady and cost £300.

Had to get my cruciate done for a 3rd time there recently and went through the NHS this time as I haven't played in 5 years. Got the MRI privately then took 6 months to see the consultant. He told me his waiting list was 22 months (Mr Connolly).

By some stroke of luck I got a letter saying I'd been referred to the Sports Surgery clinic in Dublin and had it all wrapped up in 3 months then!!

I'd imagine it was some kind of EU thing I'd ask your GP about it as I think NI still being in the EU allows you to go down South and get sorted much more quickly!!

Over the Bar

How much is a MRI scan?
It's free if your GP refers you. He should know which trust has the shortest waiting list too.

bogball88

Quote from: screenexile on April 29, 2019, 10:46:17 PM

How much is a MRI scan?

Depends where you go. The last one I paid for was in Limavady and cost £300.

Had to get my cruciate done for a 3rd time there recently and went through the NHS this time as I haven't played in 5 years. Got the MRI privately then took 6 months to see the consultant. He told me his waiting list was 22 months (Mr Connolly).

By some stroke of luck I got a letter saying I'd been referred to the Sports Surgery clinic in Dublin and had it all wrapped up in 3 months then!!

I'd imagine it was some kind of EU thing I'd ask your GP about it as I think NI still being in the EU allows you to go down South and get sorted much more quickly!!
Some man for one man. Must be worth a clean fortune

GetOverTheBar

How much is a MRI scan?

I'm assuming you do a slight warm up etc?

Do you normally 'train'?

A lot of knee issues can be fixed by simple foam rolling the hamstrings, IT Band, inner thigh (just above the knee in particular) and of course you @ss which is the largest muscle in the body. Everyone has an enormous amount of tension in their body - sometimes the knees pay the price. It's not pleasant to begin, but if you keep at it you'll see a difference I'm sure.