so WGS still has a job for a wee while
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

lfdown2

gerry

good result in the end.

but is it enough??
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

the green man

McManus and Ferguson at each others throats at the end. 2 red cards would suffice. That'd rule out 'Back Pass' and get Mick out of central defence.

With probably the two best wingers in the league, for the life of me, I don't understand why Celtic dont take the ball to the byline and knock crosses in. The oul hoof up to JVOH is like watching Wimbledon in the Fashanu era. I thought Celtic were lucky tonight. Rangers seemed to have them contained fairly well.

clarshack

Quote from: the green man on April 16, 2008, 09:53:38 PM
I thought Celtic were lucky tonight. Rangers seemed to have them contained fairly well.

dont know what match you were watching as rangers were lucky until the winner went in. celtic should really have won comfortably 3-0. hopefully that was the huns luck starting to run out. having said that dont know why mcdonald took the penalty as venegoor is much better at them.

lynchbhoy

Celtic more than deserved the win
over ran the huns in the first half should have scored more

great goal from Naka, still played well within what they are capable of, looked like they were toying with the huns, didnt deliver in the final third.

naylor going off was actually a blow as wilson proved again he is not good enough, although this was not his favoured position.
should have been a Celtic free kick, but ref didnt give it and novo went on unchallenged to score with a decent finish, imo Boruc should have got it anyhow.

The peno was won by Naka with a sublime shot saved by that cheat cuellar who got away with pushing JVOH all night long, shite defender well not great anyhow but decent in comparison to Celtics defence who I admit played well enough tonight - but rangers never attacked !. McDonalds peno was the perfect height, speed and three feet inside post for a one legged blind paraplegic keeper to save.

Samaras looked lively when brought on.
the winner was no more than Celtic deserved. This game Proved who is the better side. Even JVOH said something afte the game that I thought I was the only one to have seen - that Celtic played he same way and were the better team in the 0-3 loss to rangers but somehow ended up losing  after dominating !

GS did make a tactical switch by switching Naka and the superb McGeady (got kicked all night long with no yellow cards) and that lead to the goal.
After this GS seemed to run out of ideas.
Celtic if they get a bit more of a gameplan, move the ball more quickly and are coached into getting a better service - not to mention new defenders will walk the league next year.

Barry robson and hartley deserve honourable mentions for their perf tonight.

Have to also mention the scummy player that barry ferguson is. Rangers win the last four games and no hassle at the final whistle and both teams end the game in a sporting fashion, but rangers lose tonight and the unpsorting little sc**bag loses the plot.
typical rangers.

the green man

Quote from: clarshack on April 16, 2008, 10:45:32 PM
I thought Celtic were lucky tonight. Rangers seemed to have them contained fairly well.

dont know what match you were watching as rangers were lucky until the winner went in. celtic should really have won comfortably 3-0. hopefully that was the huns luck starting to run out. having said that dont know why mcdonald took the penalty as venegoor is much better at them.

For all the possession, how many clear cut chances did Celtic have? Naka's screamer wasn't one of them either. As Andy Gray says 'Its all about the final third'. Yes they were rarely troubled in defence, and bossed the mid field area, but for me, there just wasn't enough penetration up front. Skippy should never have been on penalties either.

boshiba

Thought Celtic played much the better football too, albeit with the help of an extra man for the last 20 or so. Ruckus at the end seemed to arise from mc manus and ferguson going at each other. Almost gave up hope after wilsons second pass into the Jock Stein and credit has to go to skippy for the lay-off, after me screaming for him to be taken off around ten mins earlier. Renewed hope, Rangers fixtures...Mc Gregors injury...Cuellars suspension...Rematch in Parkhead, its just got a lot more interesting.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: the green man on April 16, 2008, 10:59:31 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 16, 2008, 10:45:32 PM

For all the possession, how many clear cut chances did Celtic have? Naka's screamer wasn't one of them either. As Andy Gray says 'Its all about the final third'. Yes they were rarely troubled in defence, and bossed the mid field area, but for me, there just wasn't enough penetration up front. Skippy should never have been on penalties either.
while its hard to break down 10 men behind the ball,
what would you call the opening and shot that was scored by nakamura?
A pass, a cross, a half chance?
as the man said ....thats mad Ted !

the green man

Quote from: boshiba on April 16, 2008, 11:00:34 PM
Thought Celtic played much the better football too, albeit with the help of an extra man for the last 20 or so. Ruckus at the end seemed to arise from mc manus and ferguson going at each other. Almost gave up hope after wilsons second pass into the Jock Stein and credit has to go to skippy for the lay-off, after me screaming for him to be taken off around ten mins earlier. Renewed hope, Rangers fixtures...Mc Gregors injury...Cuellars suspension...Rematch in Parkhead, its just got a lot more interesting.

True Bosh, a lot depending on McGregors injury, although I doubt a pro keeper would come off just for the sake of it. Cuellar, I assume will get a 3 game ban and will defo miss the next OF game. BBC 606 is saying that Caldwell and Weir both got red cards after the game, not sure how reliable that would be though. If true Rankers will be without their two CB's for the visit to Parkhead. Wouldnt that be nice.

the green man

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2008, 11:05:49 PM
while its hard to break down 10 men behind the ball,
what would you call the opening and shot that was scored by nakamura?
A pass, a cross, a half chance?
as the man said ....thats mad Ted !

I would call it a touch of class. I certainly wouldn't call it a clear cut chance. And neither, I presume, would you.

lynchbhoy

maybe you lads who want to 'walk the ball into the net' think it wasnt to be construed as a 'change' but however far away, a clear sight at goal, a man who can hit the ball and hit it accurately then thats a chance.
crap and all as friends of mine were at soccer (and myself) we'd all have a pop if the chance arose from anywhere inside 30 yards,if you dont shoot, you dont score and that goes for soccer, football, hurling , basketball, ice hockey etc etc etc

to me thats a chance, and at worst it opens up a denfense who now sees that you can and will shoot from distance and come out to tackle - therefore opening up more space inside them,
The yanks call this 'keeping the defense honest'.

the green man

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2008, 11:11:48 PM
Definitely not a clear cut chance. Probably not even a half chance. Just a 'fcuk this, I'll have a whack'.

As the man says himself '..top po-agy..'

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=t1JyKuJ2OOE&rel

the green man

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 16, 2008, 11:18:12 PM
maybe you lads who want to 'walk the ball into the net' think it wasnt to be construed as a 'change' but however far away, a clear sight at goal, a man who can hit the ball and hit it accurately then thats a chance.
crap and all as friends of mine were at soccer (and myself) we'd all have a pop if the chance arose from anywhere inside 30 yards,if you dont shoot, you dont score and that goes for soccer, football, hurling , basketball, ice hockey etc etc etc

to me thats a chance, and at worst it opens up a denfense who now sees that you can and will shoot from distance and come out to tackle - therefore opening up more space inside them,
The yanks call this 'keeping the defense honest'.

And if he had skied it over.. Its not a chance in the SPL. Samaras late on had a chance when he failed to take ball and defender into the net.