Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Lads usualy when 2 tyrone men are fighting i'd sit back and watch ;) :D but this time it's time to break it up. We are only expressing our views (either right or wrong). The fact of the matter is that WGS is not cut out to be a top Celtic manager and majority of his signings prove this. Also his motivation skills seem to be zero as Walter Smith can seem to motivate a pile of dung and WGS cannie.

My opinion is that he was very lucky in first 2 years to come up with no resistance from any other club in Scotland and now when it's put up to him he's cracking like an egg. I'm personaly fed up with his excusses like "we were unlucky", "we hit the bar/post 5 million times" whatever. The fact of the matter is we have played shite all year with the exception of about 6 games and our results show this "drawing with St Mirren, dundee UTD and loosing to Abeerdeen etc etc. And another thing lads (and i'd rather win playing poor than loose playing great) in the bad old days of the 90's when the Huns were dominating Celtic could still play attractive football and were a treat to watch, they had some flair but now when you watch them it's like Irish League standard...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

mhacadoir

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7318430.stm

apparently uefa are investigating sectarian chanting at the nou camp. could have bad repercussions for celtic

Mentalman

Quote from: mhacadoir on March 28, 2008, 01:23:27 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7318430.stm

apparently uefa are investigating sectarian chanting at the nou camp. could have bad repercussions for celtic

Just read it over on BBC, could have some interesting reprocussions for all fans. By that I mean if this is punished, then any clubs fans singing songs can be punished, irrespective of whether the songs are targetted at the opposition or not - I doubt many Catalunians took umbridge with Scots/Irish singing songs about the IRA or the British royalty (not known as monarchists themselves by and large) - or if the incidents happen inside the ground or not. The other point would be who banned the songs, and what constitutes sectarianism? Could this lead to punishments for singing songs about Munich or Hillsborough? Maybe it should?
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Yer Ma

Rangers got away with it in the end last time, didn't they?

I don't know why Celtic fans can't grab the moral high ground and just not bother with these songs, who's impressed in the end up?

Rav67

Not looking forward to this OF game tomorrow, realistically Celtic need to win in Ibrox to stay in contention but I think the best we can hope for is a fraw.  If the Huns win then the Championship is theirs IMO.

illdecide

I really hope and prey we can win tomorrow and get 3pts but i can't see it happening TBH. I believe we have better players but Rangers seem to have more fight in them and with it being in Ibrox and they are 3pts clear with a game in hand they know Celtic have to come at them and thats where we get punished with the old hit them on the break trick...Hope i'm wrong though...

lynchbhoy

would agree Illdecide
the huns only have to draw and will sit back and hit on the break (though cousins elbows will hit out at any time).

This is the test of strachan. Can he cover the frail defense, yet get have his wingers get enough penetration deep enough to swing over the crosses that would be the undoing of rangers defense (and we know JVOH and Samaras re good in the air with the right ball - ie  near corner flags and not route one from Boruc).
Does strachan have a plan A let alone A plan B.

illdecide

We ginger knows he's in trouble if Celtic get beat tomorrow, his excusses won't wash for much longer. It's shite or get of the toilet time for him ;)

tyroneman

Intersting story coming out now about Barry Robson...

Sent home  "injured" according to the Scotland camp before the Croatia friendly - fair enough you might say, apart from........................

1. WGS said he was perfectly fine, fit and well , then and now
2. Robson indicated he was fit then and now...............and looked verrrryy unhappy at missing the chance of a cap
3. The Doctor who sent him home was hired by Walter Smith
4. The same doctor used to work as the team doctor for.......................yep.....Rangers
5. The meedja (paranoid - us?) were then able to say 5 OF plyers pulled out of the Scotland game due to injury...rather than the truer version of 4 Rangers players pulled out (due to a big match on saturday by any chance)......................

tintin25

Well, poor result for the bhoys today. I think to be fair Celtic at least deserved a draw, as bar the goal, Rangers created next to nothing. First half display was decent enough, long balls were working to an extent but whilst Samaras in particular did a decent job of holding it up and getting into good positions he had very little support. They overdid the long ball in the second half and the Rangers defense looked comfortable. McDonald should have been brought on earlier, at least to have time to shake things up abit. That is a very average Rangers side at best.

clarshack

agree it is a very average rangers side - they are a team made up of spoilers and bullies that have been grinding out results and did so again today. celtic were technically better in the 1st half and should have had a couple of goals. once rangers went ahead celtic lacked leadership though and only have themselves to blame again.

Minder

If that is an "average" Rangers side what does it make Celtic ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tintin25

Quote from: Minder on March 29, 2008, 06:19:59 PM
If that is an "average" Rangers side what does it make Celtic ?

Below average. Luckily for me I only take a passing interest in their results!

mhacadoir

im gutted - not so much for the result, which was bad enough, but i thought the performance just wasnt good enough. we needed to be fighting for our lives after half time but we werent. i agree rangers are complete anti - football, but its effective when they need to be i.e werder bremen. we never tested them at all, apart from a few half chances for brown. i was impressed with samaras when he got the ball to feet he looked good. just never got proper support. think the league is gone. hope im wrong

tyroneman

Strachan has singluarly failed to realise that you need some dig and grit to win in the SPL.

MON knew what was needed when he took over and ensured the teams  he put out were stocked with ball winners and men who could handle themselves. Lambert, Valhaaren, Mjalby, Sutton, Lennon, Thompson, Larsson (even) to name a few. These guys fought for the jersey and bullied Rangers every chance they got.

When LeGuen was in charge he reduced Rangers to one of thier worst squads in recent memory and gift wrapped the SPL for Strachan.

Walter Smith, while playing anti-football, went back to basics and made sure he had plenty of diggers and scrappers in the team - now Celtic are getting bullied and can't cope .

Who in the current Celtic team has any fight in them? Certainly not Naka (was he playing today?, did anyone notice?)

Now we have a team with no style, no ba*lls and no heart. Strachan is a disgrace and needs to go. Now.