?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tintin25

Quote from: Rav67 on December 05, 2007, 11:54:05 AM
Would disagree that its a poor group - Milan have been written off as "finished" for a while but they are European Champions and perenially make the semis at least. It was only April that they completely destroyed Man Utd lets not forget!  Benfica are unbeaten domestically for over a year, and Shaktar were the best of the 4th seeds easily - and the money they have spent has already been alluded to.

Well done WGS and the bhoys!

Milan haven't been great this season....performing poorly domestically and didn't look great in both the home and away leg with Celtic but it was still an acheivement for Celtic to beat them.....I would go as far to say that on cureent form alone then Milan are one of the weakest of the group winners. As I say, I'm not taking away from Celtic's acheivement to reach the knockout stages but trying to put some perpective on it. Shaktar have spent big but that doesn't necessarily mean they are laced with superstars! They spent over a half of the 40 mill on Luccarelli and that Mexican striker alone...Castillo I thik his name is. Luccarelli could be descined as an Italian journeyman and the Mexican dude doesn't even play!!

Main Street

Benfica have a similar enough income to Celtic but made some decent money selling players on, sold a few players for €40m and could afford to spend over €30m on new players. Cardoza is a stand out for €9m.

Strachan had a good record with prevous clubs for profitable transfer dealings but atm he can only dream of having €9m to spend on a striker.

tintin25

Quote from: Main Street on December 05, 2007, 03:41:23 PM
Benfica have a similar enough income to Celtic but made some decent money selling players on, sold a few players for €40m and could afford to spend over €30m on new players. Cardoza is a stand out for €9m.

Strachan had a good record with prevous clubs for profitable transfer dealings but atm he can only dream of having €9m to spend on a striker.

Forget about a striker...he'd need to sort out the full-backs!  :)

lfdown2

when is the draw for the next round?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: lfdown2 on December 13, 2007, 12:01:30 PM

Tomorrow week. Would like in order:

Porto
Sevilla
Inter Milan
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Manure
Barcelona
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

lfdown2

think id rather one of the eng teams that oul battle of britian craic seems to work...

man u
chelsea
porto
inter
seville
madrid
barca

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 13, 2007, 12:03:34 PM

Porto
Sevilla
Inter Milan
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Manure
Barcelona

Would say that getting Man Ure would be my preference, better the devil you know (or at least play like).
Porto would be nice for revenge, Sevilla would be the next choice, not sure about Chelski, can't remember the last time we played them, unknown quantity, though their inability to score at the minute could be a plus!  ;)
We are going to end up with Barca or Real though!
Tbc....

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 13, 2007, 12:16:07 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on December 13, 2007, 12:03:34 PM

Porto
Sevilla
Inter Milan
Chelsea
Real Madrid
Manure
Barcelona

Would say that getting Man Ure would be my preference, better the devil you know (or at least play like).
Porto would be nice for revenge, Sevilla would be the next choice, not sure about Chelski, can't remember the last time we played them, unknown quantity, though their inability to score at the minute could be a plus!  ;)
We are going to end up with Barca or Real though!

Of the teams left Chelsea would give the greatest satisfaction if we beat them, then again would cause most anguish if they won. Would like to avoid Manure and Barca most purely cause have played them recently and the quality of their players is a cut above IMO.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Rav67

Really hope Celtic avoid Chelsea because there was awful bother in the pre-season friendly last year when fans travelled to London, think there was a bit of aggro with the Man Ure fans last year too.  A lot of fans want Real because of the Hoops haven't got travelling to the Bernabeu in recent memory, having played most of the European giants in the past 6 years.

Seen the highlights of the Falkirk game there on Setanta, McGeady looked sensational while Conroy at left-back in the short bit I seen was very competent, good to have a bit more cover/competition in the full-back area.

clarshack

would take either inter, madrid or chelsea. the rest would be bad draws.

full back

Quote from: clarshack on December 13, 2007, 02:39:24 PM
would take either inter, madrid or chelsea. the rest would be bad draws.

And the above 3 wouldnt be bad draws ???
As Rav wrote a lot of the fans only want Real because they havent travelled there before
Celtic have exceded expectation so this far & anything else is a bonus

saffron sam2

Quote from: wesaysanchez on September 20, 2007, 09:50:20 AM
can you hrear me billy vconnolly, rod stewatrt , gerrry  adsma neil leenon, tony fearon, micghael from the fields of antherny, pope bendict can you hear me?  youre bhoys took a hell of abeating so they did. jan venegor of heselink, evnader snow, gordon starchan gerry adams (can you hear me gerry sadam), oyu're boys tookm a hell of a beating. John reid, martin mcguiness john hume, the cardianl ( id ont' no his name), mark sdebottom, jreome quinee, logie logan, derek desmonf, martin oneill, malky mackay, all fenians can you here me for i ahve this to say so i do.  Your bohy took a heel of a beating.

By the way, how did Rangers do klast night. I ca'nt get the result anywhere so I can't.

Foolw, foolw.

www.loveultser.com

Bump!
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 13, 2007, 09:22:06 PM
Quote from: wesaysanchez on September 20, 2007, 09:50:20 AM
can you hrear me billy vconnolly, rod stewatrt , gerrry  adsma neil leenon, tony fearon, micghael from the fields of antherny, pope bendict can you hear me?  youre bhoys took a hell of abeating so they did. jan venegor of heselink, evnader snow, gordon starchan gerry adams (can you hear me gerry sadam), oyu're boys tookm a hell of a beating. John reid, martin mcguiness john hume, the cardianl ( id ont' no his name), mark sdebottom, jreome quinee, logie logan, derek desmonf, martin oneill, malky mackay, all fenians can you here me for i ahve this to say so i do.  Your bohy took a heel of a beating.
By the way, how did Rangers do klast night. I ca'nt get the result anywhere so I can't.
Foolw, foolw.
www.loveultser.com
wonder did he get this weeks result ?
Dont think its looking too good for fulham either - poor laurie is geting found out (but getting well paid for it though)...will be back in the beezer homes league div 3 again soon...

did you boy make any more trips over to see Celtic recently? I met him over at a game a few years back along with a posse of boys - his bro in law being one of them.

Bump!

saffron sam2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 14, 2007, 08:23:05 AM
did you boy make any more trips over to see Celtic recently? I met him over at a game a few years back along with a posse of boys - his bro in law being one of them.

Don't think so, now that his contacts for tickets have moved on and Forest is unlikely to interest him. The bollix used to laugh at me when I was going back and forward to Celtic Park during Rangers' nine in a row era. He was always more of a United man anyway and he had the wee lad over there for his birthday recently.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 14, 2007, 09:38:18 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on December 14, 2007, 08:23:05 AM

Don't think so, now that his contacts for tickets have moved on and Forest is unlikely to interest him. The bollix used to laugh at me when I was going back and forward to Celtic Park during Rangers' nine in a row era. He was always more of a United man anyway and he had the wee lad over there for his birthday recently.
I'm sure he's reminded of his liverpool origins occassionally. :D
Still he was a real avid hops fan with a couple of his cronies and bro in law that day. Sure he was young and foolish when he slagged you off.