You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: thebigfella on June 28, 2011, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 28, 2011, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 28, 2011, 05:37:35 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 28, 2011, 05:27:29 PM

The bitch in the Spar shop today, who continued her phone call while serving me.

You still got served yeah? Where you feeling a bit low and needed someone to talk to? Hardly warrants you calling her a bitch; it's not like she was on the phone calling you a pathetic loser.

I'm with An Gaeilgoir on this one. Manners maketh the man, and they maketh the woman too. You mightn't see the value of manners but I do, they don't cost anything.

Yeah cause it's good manners to call someone a bitch. You're one loser  ::)

Loser eh, it must be school holiday time again.

Cold tea

And calling someone a bitch because they took a phone call is so mature!  ::)

Eamonnca1

The bitch in the Spar shop today, who continued her phone call while serving me.

You still got served yeah? Where you feeling a bit low and needed someone to talk to? Hardly warrants you calling her a bitch; it's not like she was on the phone calling you a pathetic loser.

I'm with An Gaeilgoir on this one. Manners maketh the man, and they maketh the woman too. You mightn't see the value of manners but I do, they don't cost anything.

It wouldn't be good manners to say it to her face. It's okay to say it behind her back on a message board though. My conscience is clear.

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 28, 2011, 09:23:21 PM

It wouldn't be good manners to say it to her face. It's okay to say it behind her back on a message board though. My conscience is clear.

So it's ok to post things about someone you don't know, slander them and call them offensive names as long as you hide behind an internet alias!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sanctimonious pollyanna (white Irish) Uncle Toms (SPUTs).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Cold tea on June 28, 2011, 09:27:59 PM
So it's ok to post things about someone you don't know, slander them and call them offensive names as long as you hide behind an internet alias!
Slander would imply that it wasn't true. Do you have proof that she was innocent of the charge of talking on the phone while serving the fella?

randomtask

cashiers that don't put your change in your hand.

Eamonnca1

Cashiers that put the bills in your hand and the coins on top. The coins then try to slide off.  I sometimes politely tell them it's better to gimme the coins first and then the bills.

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 28, 2011, 10:46:26 PM
Quote from: Cold tea on June 28, 2011, 09:27:59 PM
Slander would imply that it wasn't true. Do you have proof that she was innocent of the charge of talking on the phone while serving the fella?

Oh ffs no wonder your boss makes you leave the door open to check up on you!  :D  If you are doing anything more important and franking envelopes i'd be surprised!

LeoMc

fu(&1ng multi-taskers>:( >:(

EagleLord

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 29, 2011, 03:36:49 AM
Cashiers that put the bills in your hand and the coins on top. The coins then try to slide off.  I sometimes politely tell them it's better to gimme the coins first and then the bills.

Annoys me too. Becasue I always put the notes back inside the wallet then the coins in the wee pocket.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 28, 2011, 10:04:05 PM
Sanctimonious pollyanna (white Irish) Uncle Toms (SPUTs).

Whats an Irish Uncle Tom? Never heard of such a thing.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

AZOffaly

Cyclists on country roads going 2 (or more) abreast.

Lads, just because ye've spent hundreds of euros on bikes, helmets, wraparound shades and those godawful spandex suits doesn't mean you are actually in the Tour de France. (Or even the Rás)

isourboydownyet

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 29, 2011, 05:25:07 PM
Cyclists on country roads going 2 (or more) abreast.

Lads, just because ye've spent hundreds of euros on bikes, helmets, wraparound shades and those godawful spandex suits doesn't mean you are actually in the Tour de France. (Or even the Rás)

couldnt agree more

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.