You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2011, 10:31:59 AM
Mention of Godwin's law on this board, as if it even means anything.

In every thread on internet forums, the word 'the' will be used at least once.
                                                                                    -hardstation's law-

Who gives a flying fcuk if someone mentions Nazis? Why does the clown who posts the reply about Godwin's law feel that there is some neccessity to do so, or that it completely invalidates the original point?

Agreed. Though even worse is when people post about Godwins Law when someone mentions nazis/fascism, for example:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=19612.msg980361#msg980361

Yet feels completely happy to write things like this in other threads:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16587.msg963199#msg963199

Hypocricy, I suppose you could call it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 10:56:57 AM

-hardstation's law-

Who gives a flying fcuk if someone mentions Nazis? Why does the clown who posts the reply about Godwin's law feel that there is some neccessity to do so, or that it completely invalidates the original point?

Agreed. Though even worse is when people post about Godwins Law when someone mentions nazis/fascism, for example:

Is it the PMS Nally or are ya just in a bad mood because Donegal bate ya.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Cáthasaigh

-hardstation's law-

Godwin's Law is a pathetic escape mechanism for cowards and Fascists (usually trolls) getting their arses handed to them in debate. It's nothing more than a white flag to give them time to think of an inane diversion.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

Nally Stand

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 10:59:19 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 28, 2011, 10:56:57 AM

-hardstation's law-

Is it the PMS Nally or are ya just in a bad mood because Donegal bate ya.

To be honest, it doesn't actually grind my gears at all. I just enjoy exposing your hypocricy and then seeing you attempt to deflect attention from it.  ;D

And though I am disappointed about Sunday, I do take solace in the knowledge that we would have quite easily beaten London had we met them. Without extra time or anything.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on June 26, 2011, 11:39:24 PM
My local chippie. Instead of saying "Good evening sir, what may I offer you today?" you are more likely to hear "WATTS YOURSE!"

Manny's????  Legendary man :D

LeoMc

Quote from: Cáthasaigh on June 28, 2011, 11:02:34 AM

-hardstation's law-

Godwin's Law is a pathetic escape mechanism for cowards and Fascists (usually trolls) getting their arses handed to them in debate. It's nothing more than a white flag to give them time to think of an inane diversion.

By the time someone mentions nazis the debate has pretty much run its course and sunk to childlike name calling. Godwins law is just code for close this thread down.

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on June 28, 2011, 12:50:11 PM

-hardstation's law-

By the time someone mentions nazis the debate has pretty much run its course and sunk to childlike name calling. Godwins law is just code for close this thread down.

If the debate is about murders, genocide, ethnic cleansing etc then it is probably reasonable to mention comparisons such as Stalin and Hitler.

However if a thread is about the local flower show, comparisons with Nazis are probably a sign that all logic has disappeared, hence Godwin's Law.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on June 28, 2011, 01:06:20 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 28, 2011, 12:50:11 PM

-hardstation's law-

If the debate is about murders, genocide, ethnic cleansing etc then it is probably reasonable to mention comparisons such as Stalin and Hitler.

However if a thread is about the local flower show, comparisons with Nazis are probably a sign that all logic has disappeared, hence Godwin's Law.

I dunno muppet. Have you ever asked a florist to get you a dozen roses of different colours? Phewee.

An Gaeilgoir

The bitch in the Spar shop today, who continued her phone call while serving me.

thebigfella

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on June 28, 2011, 05:27:29 PM
The bitch in the Spar shop today, who continued her phone call while serving me.

You still got served yeah? Where you feeling a bit low and needed someone to talk to? Hardly warrants you calling her a bitch; it's not like she was on the phone calling you a pathetic loser.

Square Ball

people who barge onto a bus when you are trying to get off it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

People who block the access onto the bus, when youre to get on it.
Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: thebigfella on June 28, 2011, 05:37:35 PM

You still got served yeah? Where you feeling a bit low and needed someone to talk to? Hardly warrants you calling her a bitch; it's not like she was on the phone calling you a pathetic loser.

I'm with An Gaeilgoir on this one. Manners maketh the man, and they maketh the woman too. You mightn't see the value of manners but I do, they don't cost anything.

thebigfella

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 28, 2011, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on June 28, 2011, 05:37:35 PM

I'm with An Gaeilgoir on this one. Manners maketh the man, and they maketh the woman too. You mightn't see the value of manners but I do, they don't cost anything.

Yeah cause it's good manners to call someone a bitch. You're one loser  ::)