You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

haveaharp

Wankers that wont pay a bet or a debt for months/years and then get annoyed when its mentioned

EagleLord

People who make an unlikely bet. And when it actually happens and they dont pay it. They just laugh it off.

I was like, no hold on here, YOU gave me those odds, I bet this much, YOU made sure we shook on it and INSISTED someone witnessed the hand shake. YOU said to me 'now if you dont get this, you have to pay me it'. I said I would. Shook on it, I was happy enough. Then when I won, you paid nothing?! I was actually raging about it. I was under the assumption when you make a bet, you pay it. Especially with the whole handshake craic. Would that not piss anyone else off?? Tell ye what too, could really do with that money these days.

muppet

Quote from: EagleLord on June 27, 2011, 10:52:43 AM
People who make an unlikely bet. And when it actually happens and they dont pay it. They just laugh it off.

I was like, no hold on here, YOU gave me those odds, I bet this much, YOU made sure we shook on it and INSISTED someone witnessed the hand shake. YOU said to me 'now if you dont get this, you have to pay me it'. I said I would. Shook on it, I was happy enough. Then when I won, you paid nothing?! I was actually raging about it. I was under the assumption when you make a bet, you pay it. Especially with the whole handshake craic. Would that not piss anyone else off?? Tell ye what too, could really do with that money these days.

Start with a solicitor's letter.
MWWSI 2017

EagleLord

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Quote from: EagleLord on June 27, 2011, 10:52:43 AM

A verbal contract (which he made) is as binding as a written one.

Onion Bag

Verbal Contract? not worth the paper it is written on!
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Eamonnca1

When you're not drinking but someone insists on buying you an alcoholic drink anyway (after you've tried to tell him six times that you're not drinking) because they're too embarrassed to ask for a soft drink. I end up having to go to the bar myself and then they sit there in disbelief while the beer sits there right in front of me untouched.

Puckoon

Eamonn you are surrounded by some very strange people. Your boss and now people who are too embarrassed to ask for a soft drink? I'd take that sentence alone and put it in the WTF thread.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on June 27, 2011, 08:54:07 PM
Eamonn you are surrounded by some very strange people. Your boss and now people who are too embarrassed to ask for a soft drink? I'd take that sentence alone and put it in the WTF thread.

I live in California.

ziggysego

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 27, 2011, 09:11:43 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on June 27, 2011, 08:54:07 PM

I live in California.

Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2011, 10:31:59 AM
Mention of Godwin's law on this board, as if it even means anything.

In every thread on internet forums, the word 'the' will be used at least once.
                                                                                    -hardstation's law-

Who gives a flying fcuk if someone mentions Nazis? Why does the clown who posts the reply about Godwin's law feel that there is some neccessity to do so, or that it completely invalidates the original point?

People from the 6 counties problem with authority grinds my gears.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2011, 10:39:05 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 28, 2011, 10:35:56 AM
Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2011, 10:31:59 AM
Mention of Godwin's law on this board, as if it even means anything.

In every thread on internet forums, the word 'the' will be used at least once.
                                                                                    -hardstation's law-

Who gives a flying fcuk if someone mentions Nazis? Why does the clown who posts the reply about Godwin's law feel that there is some neccessity to do so, or that it completely invalidates the original point?

People from the 6 counties problem with authority grinds my gears.
Aha, hardstation's law. Got ya! I'm now superior to you. I win.

Dick!

At least you admit it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.