You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Final Whistle

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 07, 2011, 09:26:53 PM
When people think that there are people in the GAA secretly pocketing money in large sums even though every penny is ploughed back into the association, accounted for, and published online in an annual financial report that the public can access at any time.

How much does Cooney get for his term? What about his subordinates? If you think every penny goes back to the association then you are a fool!

heffo

Quote from: Final Whistle on June 08, 2011, 11:58:21 AM
When people think that there are people in the GAA secretly pocketing money in large sums even though every penny is ploughed back into the association, accounted for, and published online in an annual financial report that the public can access at any time.

How much does Cooney get for his term? What about his subordinates? If you think every penny goes back to the association then you are a fool!

Cooney like every other GAA President is paid in lieu of his salary - raise a motion through your club to only allow school teachers or what not be elected.

As for his 'sub-ordinates' they're paid a market wage for their position.

Have a look at this years financial report and see how much is ploughed back into clubs - I think Croke Park is dead to pursue as much external commercial income as they can

Cold tea

When people think in an era when noone has any money 23 pounds into a first round championship match is acceptable!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: heffo on June 08, 2011, 04:24:25 PM
Cooney like every other GAA President is paid in lieu of his salary - raise a motion through your club to only allow school teachers or what not be elected.

As for his 'sub-ordinates' they're paid a market wage for their position.

Have a look at this years financial report and see how much is ploughed back into clubs - I think Croke Park is dead to pursue as much external commercial income as they can

Who are his 'subordinates' anyway? There's not many paid people in the GAA relative to its size, it's mostly a volunteer association. Even Central Council delegates are all volunteers.

ludermor

Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2011, 11:42:48 AM
davegaasportsdesk
Is he actually tryng to get topics for discussion for the station or what is he playing at?

haranguerer

Quote from: ludermor on June 09, 2011, 10:54:42 AM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on June 08, 2011, 11:42:48 AM
davegaasportsdesk
Is he actually tryng to get topics for discussion for the station or what is he playing at?

Good call.

I think hes probably trying to become a stalwart member as soon as possible so we take him into our confidence, and thinks the best way to do this is by starting loads of shit threads that have nothing to do with GAA. Doing my head in.

Eamonnca1

Judgmental people.

Like the ones who give someone a dirty look when they park a car (with a disabled badge) in a disabled spot and get out and walk. Little to they know what condition the person might have, for all you know that person might be in absolute agony with every step they take even though they look perfectly normal.

And here's another one. Somebody posted up on Facebook the other day giving out about his neighbour running his air conditioner even though it wasn't hot outside. Plenty of people chimed in their pompous disapproval. Says I "wouldn't the inside temperature be a more pressing concern?" I asked him how he knew how hot it was inside the other fella's apartment or how badly or well ventilated it was. I was even running my AC the same day because the heat would put you out of my place even if it's blowing a chilly breeze outside.  Some w**ker chimes in "Use a fan." A complete fcking dickhead of a stranger telling me what to do in my own house!!! I thanked him for the tip and told him it had already been tried, genius. It didn't work.

Idiots.

fitzroyalty

People who rip the aerial off your car  >:(

HiMucker

People who wear under armour tops to the gym with no top over it!  Might aswell wear no top the slabbering bastids!

Canalman

The speed with which the girls at Aldi and Lidl scan the goods you bought and put them iin the small area behind the checkout. Impossible to bag away without clutter or rush.

pintsofguinness

People at work who try and tell you your job at every opportunity.
You know the type, think they're the boss.
Stupid c***ts.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Eamonnca1

A boy in the office next door has a noisy scroll wheel on his mouse. I swear he must sit there for hours on end scrolling! All I can hear is this "clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......"

Drives me f**king insane! I actually spoke to him about it eventually and asked him what could possibly be so long that he just sits there all day scrolling through it. Since then the noise has stopped.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 15, 2011, 08:00:41 PM
A boy in the office next door has a noisy scroll wheel on his mouse. I swear he must sit there for hours on end scrolling! All I can hear is this "clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......clickety clickety click......"

Drives me f**king insane! I actually spoke to him about it eventually and asked him what could possibly be so long that he just sits there all day scrolling through it. Since then the noise has stopped.
Maybe if you tried to do something when at work rather than go out of you way to find some reason to be pissed off, everyone including your boss would be better off!
But in fairness you do come out with some quare believable ones  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann