You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Bastards who parked blocking ramps off a footpaths. Bastards, I have to go the whole up the top of the town, to cross the road and come back down again, just to go into the shop opposite me now. Bastards.
Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on May 31, 2011, 04:36:42 PM
We were out to dinner a few months back at a pretentious fecking place at an invitation to join another couple. I asked for a Tanqueray and tonic (figuring in this place it would be the guts of 10$). The bar maid took the order and proceeded to pour the gin and then she started making something off to the side. Wasn't sure what she was at until she handed me my cocktail and it looked like watered down snot. I asked her what it was and she said "Oh yeah, we make our own tonic in here". Anyone who drinks tonic knows its the sharpness and the bite that most tonic drinkers like and this was like a flattened, herbacious american style lemonade. I was only able to get  about two sips out of it but in true stupid Puck fashion I didnt say anything and paid $9 for the fecking thing.

Dinner for two that night was 130$ and I went home and made a sandwich. Pretentions fuckin hole.

You haven't been Americanised.  I'd have given it back to her and paid nothing. Why would anyone make their own tonic anyway?  And badly at that?  The tonic's the most important part of the G&T experience. If it's not right then the whole show's off. I hope you went on Yelp and wrote her a scathing review.

(Do they use Yelp in Ireland?)

Eamonnca1

Hardy

rolloutking

the phrases:

"lad, chap, horse, wile hi, naw hi, tarra hi"

usually emanating from the cakehole of a simplistic neanderthal from the hills of east tyrone

maggie

Someone eating your yogurts that you left in the fridge at work.
(Ross from Friends type anger when someone ate his sandwich)  >:(

blewuporstuffed

people that put there names on jam, salad cream , butter etc that they put in the fridge at work. get a life FFS
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Hardy

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 01, 2011, 11:18:35 AM
people that put there names on jam, salad cream , butter etc that they put in the fridge at work. get a life FFS

Just take a marker and add a name to each of them to form couples: Mary becomes Mary & John. Back it up by turning John into John & Mary. After a few goes, ramp it up by changing Peter to Peter and Graham. The possibilities are endless. Alice, Kim and Emma. Emma, Rose and Patrick.

thebigfella

It's pathetic but I find that starts because there is always a few that are f**king miserable they would never buy any of this stuff but use everyone else's. It essentially the same as the person who always tries to skip their round in the pub. Used to work with a cnut who always ate everyones cereal and when challenged had the cheek to call everyone pathetic as it was only a wee bit of cereal. He ended being knocked in the kitchen of the company, by a big Maori guy, one morning who took particular offence to him continuing this behavior  :D

pintsofguinness

People who eat their breakfast at work.

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

I do it. We have a company with over 300 people. Came in one day to find that a brand new carton of butter that I'd bought had been opened before I got near it.
There are some shameless c***ts around stealing peoples lunches on a regular day.

ziggysego

All these 'Nan' Facebook Pages, which are popping up all the place this week.
Testing Accessibility

Cold tea

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 01, 2011, 06:33:40 PM

What about people who eat their lunch at work?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Cold tea on June 01, 2011, 10:38:26 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 01, 2011, 06:33:40 PM

What about people who eat their lunch at work?

Sugar, I done both today...  Don't normally, I promise... :-\ good job I don't work with anyone on here or alot of ground gears
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AFS

Quote from: Puckoon on June 01, 2011, 08:18:38 PM

I do it. We have a company with over 300 people. Came in one day to find that a brand new carton of butter that I'd bought had been opened before I got near it.
There are some shameless c***ts around stealing peoples lunches on a regular day.