You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Working overtime all week. Had yesterday off and was looking forward to a lie in yesterday and this morning. Woke at 7.30 and shouldn't get back to sleep :'(
Testing Accessibility

paco

Quote from: ziggysego on April 02, 2011, 01:28:41 PM
Working overtime all week. Had yesterday off and was looking forward to a lie in yesterday and this morning. Woke at 7.30 and shouldn't get back to sleep :'(

Would you not agree that there's no feeling quite like waking up with the dew still on the grass outside and the sun shining in the window?  ;D

Eamonnca1

Puckoon

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 04, 2011, 11:55:52 PM
Squeaky guitars.

You're an awful man for complaining.

BTW - There's a thread on here about that very (non) issue.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on April 04, 2011, 11:58:29 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 04, 2011, 11:55:52 PM
Squeaky guitars.

You're an awful man for complaining.

BTW - There's a thread on here about that very (non) issue.
Is there? Where is it? Let me at it!

Puckoon

Just search for guitar strings. There are three (at least) guitar threads - and I think its discussed in one of them. Can't remember which one though.

You just need to release the pressure of the strings and/mute the strings with your stumming hand while changing chords. Especially if you are playing bar chords and moving up and down the fretboard in the same chord shape. I don't know why you're bothered by it - its part of the sound in my opinion!

Hardy

I hate it myself. I'm not a guitarist, so it's easy for me to be critical, but it seems lazy or incompetent to me. For me it's clearly an extraneous sound that should be eliminated. It's the same as if the trombone player farted every time he blew.

Dave

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2011, 04:32:18 PM
I hate it myself. I'm not a guitarist, so it's easy for me to be critical, but it seems lazy or incompetent to me. For me it's clearly an extraneous sound that should be eliminated. It's the same as if the trombone player farted every time he blew.

From reading back on some of your posts you sure seem to hate a lot of stuff.

rolloutking

People who says 'mines is very big', instead of 'mine is very big'

Hardy

Quote from: Dave on April 05, 2011, 04:36:28 PM

I sure do. I like a lot of stuff too. Other stuff I don't mind. I must be some kind of freak.

Dave

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2011, 04:59:08 PM

I sure do. I like a lot of stuff too. Other stuff I don't mind. I must be some kind of freak.

Freak is a bit harsh.
A Grumpy fecker fits better.

Hardy

Grumpy is way too cheerful sounding for me.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Dave on April 05, 2011, 05:04:37 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2011, 04:59:08 PM

Freak is a bit harsh.
A Grumpy fecker fits better.
Fits better where?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Puckoon on April 05, 2011, 03:54:43 AM
Just search for guitar strings. There are three (at least) guitar threads - and I think its discussed in one of them. Can't remember which one though.
Had a look. Couldn't find it.

You just need to release the pressure of the strings and/mute the strings with your stumming hand while changing chords. Especially if you are playing bar chords and moving up and down the fretboard in the same chord shape. I don't know why you're bothered by it - its part of the sound in my opinion!
It's like fingernails on a blackboard and drives me up the wall.

muppet

Quote from: rolloutking on April 05, 2011, 04:49:29 PM
People who says 'mines is very big', instead of 'mine is very big'

Admit it, you hate people who say either.
MWWSI 2017