Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

thebigfella

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 26, 2011, 05:56:52 PM
The spinning pizza of death on my Mac.

People who have just discovered  the internet and feel the need to comment on everything.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Forever Green

Quote from: Square Ball on March 26, 2011, 11:57:12 PM
Julian Simons, he is such a tool

I know. Why that man is on the TV is beyond belief

Square Ball

Quote from: thebigfella on March 27, 2011, 12:05:10 AM

People who have just discovered  the internet and feel the need to comment on everything.
yeah  ;)

but for the unenlightened, wtf is the spinning pizza of death?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Square Ball on March 27, 2011, 12:37:52 AM
wtf is the spinning pizza of death?

The Mac equivalent of the PC's Blue Screen of Death.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: thebigfella on March 27, 2011, 12:05:10 AM

Anyone...?

maggie

Cyclists.

Cold tea

Quote from: maggie on March 27, 2011, 05:10:33 AM
Cyclists.

+1 especially the w**kers who cycle beside each other so they can chat, sometimes 3 and 4 together on main roads like the armagh to portadown road, and then they wonder why they get knocked, pricks!

laoislad

Quote from: Cold tea on March 27, 2011, 01:22:37 PM
Quote from: maggie on March 27, 2011, 05:10:33 AM
Cyclists.

+1 especially the w**kers who cycle beside each other so they can chat, sometimes 3 and 4 together on main roads like the armagh to portadown road, and then they wonder why they get knocked, pricks!

Don't get me started on those bastard cyclists ..I try to clip all of them with the wing mirror of my van when I pass.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Eamonnca1

Riding two-abreast is quite legal. Look it up in the highway code if you don't believe me. If it's not safe to pass when they're riding two abreast then it's not safe to pass when they're riding single file. Get over it.

A girl in my club was hit from behind a few weeks ago when riding in the bike lane. She nearly died. She had fractures all over the place, had to have surgery on her lower back, still can't go to the bathroom or take a shower without help, can't even bend over to pick up a sock, and hasn't been able to work since. A vehicle is a big steel box on wheels that can kill somebody if used carelessly, especially on a cyclist.

Anyone that tries to kill me with their van will have their number reported to the cops. I take a very dim view of anybody talking about putting a cyclist's life in danger like that just because he's too impatient to wait a few seconds more (you'd lose more time sitting at a red light). Anybody who even thinks about hurting a defenceless cyclist from the safety of his driver's seat should be ashamed of himself.

Cold tea

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 27, 2011, 06:22:58 PM
Riding two-abreast is quite legal. Look it up in the highway code if you don't believe me.

Riding 3 or 4 abreast isn't - look that up!

Cold tea

In fact this is directly from the highwaycode.

You should

keep both hands on the handlebars except when signalling or changing gear
keep both feet on the pedals
never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends
not ride close behind another vehicle
not carry anything which will affect your balance or may get tangled up with your wheels or chain
be considerate of other road users, particularly blind and partially sighted pedestrians. Let them know you are there when necessary, for example, by ringing your bell if you have one. It is recommended that a bell be fitted

The Worker