You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2011, 09:55:11 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 07, 2011, 09:50:59 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on March 07, 2011, 09:45:11 AM
Quote from: highorlow on March 07, 2011, 09:39:20 AM
The price of diesel, petrol is going up today.

There will be a new property tax in the programme for Government.

Water charges are inevitable.

The Queen is coming over.

If things get any worse it won't be worthwhile working in this place.

And the Pope is coming in 2012 apparently!
And the end of the world....defo won't be worthwhile working!

Which comes first, or are they linked? Could Judgement Day be started in Ireland?
He's saying his big mass in Croke Park apparently, hope they won't need to resort to Plan B
Think the mayan calander is up on Decemeber 21st. Save a bit on the auld christmas presents anyways.

McKenna will have him on a stage in the centre of the pitch with streamers and fireworks if thats the case!

gawa316

Just fitted saftey catches in the kitchen cupboards to stop the cub getting into them. Well f**k me, the amount of times I've went to open a door and it twangs back...prob have to experience this first hand but very annoying!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ballinaman on March 07, 2011, 09:44:39 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 07:53:27 AM
It only seems to happen with English soccer or the Old Firm.
That you know of. I'm sure it happens with multidude of different sports throughout the world.

Name one.

Eamonnca1

Posting something on this site and someone picking your first couple of words out of context because he doesn't like the sound of them and saying "I stopped reading at this point".

ballinaman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 07:42:56 PM
That you know of. I'm sure it happens with multidude of different sports throughout the world.

Name one.
League in Sydney and AFL in Melbourne. Good few times I've come across people saying "we" and "us" when referring to the clubs they support.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: ballinaman on March 07, 2011, 08:17:20 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 07, 2011, 07:42:56 PM

Name one.
League in Sydney and AFL in Melbourne. Good few times I've come across people saying "we" and "us" when referring to the clubs they support.
Melbourne and Sydney are both in Australia. They're not talking about teams in a different country and referring to them as "us" and "you," are they?

AZOffaly

I think if the person follows the team closely, and cares about whether they win or lose, you will find the use of 'we'. The EPL has a huge following in Ireland, thus 'we'. Most other mainstream sports have big Irish representatives, and so 'we' doesn't seem as incongruous.

However, I know of people who live in the US and call EPL teams 'we' as well. I also say 'we' at times when talking about the Arizona Cardinals :)

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

ross4life

for me football/soccer has grown in to a religion, for example Mourinho has referred to the Fan's as "My People"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on March 07, 2011, 08:39:56 PM
for me football/soccer has grown in to a religion, for example Mourinho has referred to the Fan's as "My People"

Ah stop. I wouldn't look to Mourinho for my sociological compass. As for soccer being a religion, I'm sure it is for some, but those are people who need to remember it's supposed to be a game. It should be a release from the day to day pressures of life, not add to them.

sammymaguire

Chelsea, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Fat Frank, Didier Drogba, Pedigree chum
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Up The Middle

Quote from: sammymaguire on March 07, 2011, 09:32:02 PM

Who the hell is pedigree chum?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Groucho

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 08, 2011, 10:13:14 AM

Mexican striker ;)
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

highorlow

QuotePosting something

I stopped reading at this point...
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

sammymaguire

Quote from: Up The Middle on March 08, 2011, 10:13:14 AM

this stuff... I cut my finger opening a tin of it for the dog last night  :o
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!