You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: EagleLord on December 31, 2010, 02:56:57 PM
People who overuse the word 'Literally'..
e.g.
I mean it was mad, people were literally goin mental..

>:(

It's a bit of an abstract statement right.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ross4life

Piers Morgan the replacement for Larry king on his live show
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

this belly I seem to have developed over the last week....
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Medic

my lack of confidence - i can't ever make the first move...i ain't shy though
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Tony Baloney

The British media. They have this Chris Jeffries fella (arrested in connection with murder of Joanna Yeates) convicted and sentenced already based on his "strange" appearance. How do they get away with prejudicial reporting of a case still under investigation?

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 02, 2011, 02:08:55 PM
The British media. They have this Chris Jeffries fella (arrested in connection with murder of Joanna Yeates) convicted and sentenced already based on his "strange" appearance. How do they get away with prejudicial reporting of a case still under investigation?

It looks like they maybe don't have anything on him, he will take them to the cleaners if he is innocent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Big Puff

When you order a takeaway and specifically ask for no onions on your burger.

What do they go and do? put onions on the burger. Last time il be ordering from cynthias.

ziggysego

I can now tell what clothes Ive been wearing, due to the imprint on my body :(
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Winning a ebay auction and almost immediately finding the same item at a buy it now price for less than you just won the auction for,even though you had spent hours searching ebay for the same item before you bid and could find nothing.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Hardy

Quote from: ziggysego on January 02, 2011, 05:54:42 PM
I can now tell what clothes Ive been wearing, due to the imprint on my body :(

Why is it that hard to remember?

Minder

Quote from: Minder on January 02, 2011, 02:23:31 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 02, 2011, 02:08:55 PM

It looks like they maybe don't have anything on him, he will take them to the cleaners if he is innocent.

Correct, as usual Minder.

Joking aside, it was a disgrace how this man was treated. Ex tenants and neighbours were queuing up to say how "strange" and "meddling" he was. Perhaps he was, doesn't make you a f**king murderer though.

Joanne Yeats landlord to sue police

The landlord of murdered Joanna Yeates expects to be cleared of any wrongdoing and is considering suing police for wrongful arrest, Sky sources close to him have confirmed.
Police are painstakingly gathering and analysing forensic evidence in the search for the 25-year-old's killer, but Chris Jefferies is apparently confident he will be eliminated from the inquiry.

And sources have said the 65-year-old is now thinking about taking legal action against Avon and Somerset Police.

They arrested him last Thursday, five days after Miss Yeates' strangled body was found on a rural lane three miles from her flat in Bristol.

He had allegedly told neighbours he had seen the landscape architect outside her home with two other people on the night she vanished, but later told Sky News: "I certainly cannot say that I saw Joanna Yeates that evening, no." 

The former public school teacher - who lives two floors above the flat Miss Yeates shared with her boyfriend - was released on police bail after three days of questioning, with detectives saying he was still being treated as a suspect. His whereabouts are not known.

Meanwhile, police - who have come under fire for barring journalists from a press briefing - have made an appeal for "patience" as they continue the meticulous investigation.

This morning, more than two weeks after Miss Yeates was reported missing, uniformed police officers were searching drains in the streets surrounding her flat, with officers using sticks to sift through leaves and mud.

A police officer said they would be searching about 40 drains for clues.

Detectives are also searching for one of Miss Yeates' socks, which could be key to solving who killed her. They revealed on Wednesday that the grey, ski-style garment was not at her flat or the spot where she was found.

Criminologists have told Sky News that the sock may have been taken by her murderer as a "trophy" - and could have been used to strangle her.

Officers have said there is no evidence that she was sexually assaulted, but they have not ruled out a sexual motive.

Miss Yeates was last seen alive on December 17. She was reported missing two days later and her body was found by dog-walkers on Christmas Day.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

People who crowd the gate before their seating area has been called and you have to squeeze your way past them to get on the plane after standing behind them thinking that they're getting on now.

People who jump up out of their seats like pole-vaulters as soon as the plane stops at the gate and the seatbelt sign goes off so that they can stand in the isle for the next five minutes before they can move again.

The fella in the window seat beside you who wants to do the same and glares at you while you sit there carrying on reading your book/newspaper as if you're the one holding him up and not the hundred people in front of you.

People who have to make that loudmouthed call as soon as the plane lands.  "Hello?  Yeah. Yeah. Just landed. Yeah. Still on the plane.  Yeah. Yeah.  So are you picking me up? Yeah. Yeah. Probably fifteen minutes. Okay. Love you!"  F**k off!

People who use their mobile phone's speaker so you get the full conversation in all its squawking glory.

People on the motorway who see your indicator as an invitation to close up to the car in front and block you, as if changing lanes is some sort of mortal sin.

Cat haters. At least they make an effort to bury their shite, don't jump up and down barking like hyperactive attention-whore children, don't maul people for no apparent reason, don't get your blood pressure up, and don't get all whiny at the slightest sign of discomfort. If you don't like the look of their eyes, take it up with the process of natural selection that gave them such see-in-the-dark hunting abilities. If you think it's funny picking on a defenceless animal and drowning it (which is against animal cruelty laws in most civilised countries), I'd like to see you unarmed and up against their bigger cousins in the wild. They also keep mice and rats at bay. You're welcome.

Irresponsible dog owners who don't pick up their dog's shite after them, don't keep them under control, and especially the ones in rural areas who leave them loose around the house all day to attack any passing pedestrian or cyclist.

Apostrophe abuser's.  (sic)

People who don't know the difference between there, their and they're. It's not that f***ing difficult!

People who post text speak on their Facebook statuses. You have a qwerty keyboard, you don't have to shorten anything up anymore!

The Facebook obscurantists who post meaningless updates inviting you to ask them what they're on about. I don't know what you're waffling about, nor do I give a f**k!

The Real Laoislad

Cats..I hate the little f**kers.
Would love to drown every last one of them.
You'll Never Walk Alone.