You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Sorry T.G not meanin to rattle u, not the best of days so far

ziggysego

People who park their cars on the footpath, blocking the wheelchair. I have to back-track my route, to find a ramp off the footpath and drive on the road to bypassed the car. Dangerous as fook!
Testing Accessibility

fitzroyalty

Quote from: ziggysego on October 12, 2010, 03:10:07 PM
People who park their cars on the footpath, blocking the wheelchair. I have to back-track my route, to find a ramp off the footpath and drive on the road to bypassed the car, keying it as I go past. Dangerous as fook!
Ziggy!

andoireabu

Sure we will see how long you all last without farmers.  No cereals so there goes your cornflakes in the morning, your bread etc.  No milk. See previous point.  No meat so there goes most dinners except for the vegetarians.  no beer either which i would say would hurt the most.

Tractors are not allowed to stradle the hard shoulder as it is illegal and can be dangerous.  Plus by law a tractor of a certain weight is only allowed to do 20mph on the road.

Pulling in every 5 mins would soon add up to an already long day.  Should they get up earlier than normal because of your impatience?  And when i say earlier i mean a lot earlier than the average person.  Some farmers are up at 5am to check lifestock before they go out to their work and during calving/lambing season they can be down to 4 hours sleep a day.  Im sure they give a dam about someone rushing to get to a 9-5 job where they spend their day at a computer looking at this board.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

brokencrossbar1

Here Tyrone Girl at least they can legitimately drive their vechiles without having an MOT and they can put red diesel in them :D

Goldengreen

Farmer allowed to drive car but banned from driving tractor
Mayonews.ie
http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6475&Itemid=38

Farmer allowed to drive car but banned from driving tractor

A NEWPORT farmer who appealed a year-long driving disqualification was cleared to drive his car at last week's sitting of Castlebar Circuit Court but remains disqualified from driving his tractor for a year.
Mr Michael Nevin (51) of Glenhest, Newport was banned from driving for a year after he failed to pay an on the spot fine and was summoned to court for driving without reasonable consideration, when he was returning in his tractor from Balla mart. He was accused of the District Court Judge at a sitting of Castlebar District Court of 'arrogance' for not allowing his tractor to allow traffic to pass.
Garda John Daly told last week's sitting of the Circuit Court that while travelling from Balla towards Castlebar on July 19 last, he was stuck behind traffic travelling at approximately 20 km per hour. He said a tractor pulling a 26 foot trailer was holding up around 20 vehicles and had five or six opportunities to pull in but didn't.
Garda Daly said he stopped the tractor and spoke to the driver who gave his name as Michael Nevin. When he brought it to the attention of the driver that he had held vehicles up, Garda Daly said that Mr Nevin replied that he had the right to be on the road the same as anyone else. He said he issued an on the spot fine but he failed to pay it and he was eventually prosecuted in the District Court.
Ms Ann-Marie Courell, BL for the defendant, said that her client had tried to pay the fine but was outside the date. She said that he was a farmer who also worked part-time as a bus driver and had a clean licence with no previous convictions, and had received an award for safe driving from by Bus Éireann.
She also said he that his farm was scattered around Glenhest and he needed a vehicle to get around the farm and added that his wife was ill at the moment and was unable to drive. She said this was an 'unusual case' because people were usually banned for speeding and not for driving too slow.
However, Judge Raymond Groarke interjected and claimed that this case was every bit as serious because people 'crawling along' hold up traffic and can cause accidents and chaos on the roads. Ms Courell said that her client accepted that but his personal circumstances and his role as a part-time driver meant that a licence was a necessity.
Judge Groarke said that Mr Nevin was as entitled to be on the road as any other motorist but had to be considerate to other motorists and by driving at 20km per hour was heedless to other motorists. He said that driving slowly could be even more dangerous that driving above the speed limit and that Garda Daly's decision to stop him was most welcome.
However, he accepted he had difficulties with his wife being ill and the fact that he lived in a rural area without regular transport. He also said that he needed his licence for his livelihood and because there was no complaints with regard to driving a car, he proposed to vary the order of the District Court and allow Mr Nevin to drive a car but disqualified him from driving a tractor for 12 months.

haranguerer

Quote from: tyrone girl on October 12, 2010, 02:15:24 PM
I dont care they still do my bloody head in no matter about what they are entitled to do.

As for u Haran whatever ur name is give my head peace. Puckoon asked me was it right that i look at peoples profiles on my bfs page????? Is it right???/ Sweet christ. A quick answer to that is i dont give a feck whos page i look at and they shouldnt be on his friends page if they dont want his gf seeing their stuff. But u know thats the type of thing will keep me awake now for the rest of the month  ::) ::) ::) Crimes against humanity an all that  ::) ::)

:D Thats a bit of a revision!! You were adding them while pretending to be him ffs...

tyrone girl

Adding them to HIS page. I set up HIS facebook page, as he hasnt a clue. I nosy through it regularly and have people added to it that he knows but i dont and i look at their pages through his.  Il say 3 hail marys and a couple of decades of the rosary now for the next 20 years.

tyrone girl

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2010, 06:39:45 PM
Here Tyrone Girl at least they can legitimately drive their vechiles without having an MOT and they can put red diesel in them :D

Sure whats the diff in them and me? They can do it legit, i cant. But i do it anyway and save a clean fortune, end up giving back about a quarter of what have saved but sure im still up.

fitzroyalty

no harm in a bit of facebook creeping, or filling it up with red

ONeill

Birds crapping on your car. Every day.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

cookstownblue

Quote from: ONeill on October 14, 2010, 08:16:34 PM

Same as that. Dunno why they target my car and no-one elses at the house. Its weird.

muppet

Quote from: cookstownblue on October 15, 2010, 10:16:16 AM

Same as that. Dunno why they target my car and no-one elses at the house. Its weird.

A few ideas for ye:

furry dice               - not in the car (you can stick them in the front of your jocks if you feel insecure)
Bailing twine - get a proper belt
wellies          - new shoes, ask the nice lady in the shop to choose
hands                    - wash them every day
teeth                     - probably best to get new ones

MWWSI 2017

cookstownblue

Quote from: muppet on October 15, 2010, 01:16:37 PM
Quote from: cookstownblue on October 15, 2010, 10:16:16 AM

A few ideas for ye:

furry dice               - not in the car (you can stick them in the front of your jocks if you feel insecure)
Bailing twine - get a proper belt
wellies          - new shoes, ask the nice lady in the shop to choose
hands                    - wash them every day
teeth                     - probably best to get new ones

??? ???  What?