You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Quote from: Hardy on September 23, 2010, 02:22:19 PM
Believe it or not, a woman rang Joe Duffy the other day. Her child was born last year on "Arthur's Day" and she decided to call him Arthur! But that's not it. She was complaining that she wasn't told that "Arthur's Day" wouldn't be on the same date every year and was hugely upset that it was a different date this year. So upset, in fact, that she's going to change the child's name.

Hardy

Please tell me you are making this up.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Hardy

Absolutely not - I was listening to it!

deiseach

Quote from: gerrykeegan on September 23, 2010, 02:27:01 PM
Believe it or not, a woman rang Joe Duffy the other day. Her child was born last year on "Arthur's Day" and she decided to call him Arthur! But that's not it. She was complaining that she wasn't told that "Arthur's Day" wouldn't be on the same date every year and was hugely upset that it was a different date this year. So upset, in fact, that she's going to change the child's name.

Hardy

Please tell me you are making this up.

The barbarians have breached the walls

ziggysego

I know you don't like facepalm, but...

... it deserves one.
Testing Accessibility

Donkeywalloper

Disproportionate number of disabled spaces at some shopping centres/out of town venues. And the amount of hoors who throw a badge/piece of cardboard onto the dash then proceed to skip into said store.

pintsofguinness

Dodgy zips....
I've these Jeans with a zip pocket and I was away yesterday on a train and had the wallet, train tickets etc in the pocket with the zip closed - as you do because it's secure! Anyway - I was sitting quietly on the train when the yer man came round looking to see the tickets - I went to get mine but the zip on my pocket wouldn't open! After ten minutes of wrestling with it I got it opened enough to get the wallet out and yer man had made three trips back to me at this stage! It was nearly as embarrassing as the time I tried on a pair of jeans in some shop with a belt similar to those you have on an airplane where you have to pull back a lever to get it to open and when I did the belt wouldn't open!!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

tyssam5

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 26, 2010, 11:56:49 AM
Dodgy zips....
I've these Jeans with a zip pocket and I was away yesterday on a train and had the wallet, train tickets etc in the pocket with the zip closed - as you do because it's secure! Anyway - I was sitting quietly on the train when the yer man came round looking to see the tickets - I went to get mine but the zip on my pocket wouldn't open! After ten minutes of wrestling with it I got it opened enough to get the wallet out and yer man had made three trips back to me at this stage! It was nearly as embarrassing as the time I tried on a pair of jeans in some shop with a belt similar to those you have on an airplane where you have to pull back a lever to get it to open and when I did the belt wouldn't open!!!

Sounds like you're partial to the gay jeans.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyssam5 on September 26, 2010, 08:46:01 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 26, 2010, 11:56:49 AM
Dodgy zips....

Sounds like you're partial to the gay jeans.
There's nothing gay about them!

Tony Baloney

Chavettes in modified cars. Fellas can just about get away with it. Women just look ridiculous. There is a dopey bitch in Armagh who drives a pink Golf with the seats raked away back. Take a redenner love as the McCooey's might say.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 26, 2010, 09:36:23 PM
Chavettes in modified cars. Fellas can just about get away with it. Women just look ridiculous. There is a dopey bitch in Armagh who drives a pink Golf with the seats raked away back. Take a redenner love as the McCooey's might say.
No they can't...

ross4life

Making tea then discovering no milk or toast without butter etc...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Onion Bag

Staring down the barrel of another week  :'(
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 26, 2010, 10:10:13 PM
Staring down the barrel of another week  :'(
I know, I find Sunday nights very depressing...

tyrone girl

Same here. Depression sets in on Sunday nights.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility