You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 17, 2010, 04:35:08 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 01:51:24 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on August 16, 2010, 04:44:28 PM
so he says How are you doing? Wow, hes not wise that mate of yours...

Speaks before he thinks. On graduating from college he sent a CV to Carhouse Warephone...

Anyways back on topic track (see Mod3 has the finger over the red button) those fecking Baby On Board car stickers. WHY? Is your life not worth as much as your childs? What do these people who put up these sticker think they achieve???  >:(

actually wondered the very same thing the other day, whats the point of them. do they think people are less likely to crash into them if they have a sticker up??
Yup, absolutely pointless
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

AFS

That Budweiser 'sounds of the summer' ad on the radio with people shivering their way through Surfin' USA and some shite song from Grease. Creeps me the f**k out.

pintsofguinness

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Puckoon on August 17, 2010, 05:43:10 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 05:10:57 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on August 17, 2010, 04:55:58 PM
Not sure what the psychology behind it is - but it makes me slow down a bit undoubtedly.

Then you must be going too fast to begin with

It is not simply an issue with going too fast (although there are times all of us have done it - show me someone who says they have never driven too fast, and I will show you a liar).

If even one of those signs manages to prevent an accident (wether you agree with the rationale or not) then I can't see why they are a gear grinder (no pun intended).

Driving through the school zones here in the US  - which are a mandatory 15mph zone at times irritates the shite out of me - but if it saves the life of one child it is worth it.

Ok, why not put up a "Slow The Fcuk Down" sign then or "I May Veer Out Suddenly"? Sorry, I just don't get why people put them up or adjust their driving on seeing them. Are the rest of us who don't display them more in danger of being rear ended???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 18, 2010, 12:16:01 PM
Are the rest of us who don't display them more in danger of being rear ended???

Seems that way if they have the effect stated here. I think I'll get one. Maybe I'll put one up saying "triplets on board". That should make me three times safer.

ONeill

Not being able to thread a needle because of age.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

lolafrola

Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 17, 2010, 07:04:24 PM
Scrounging b**tards like this grind my gears

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1303439/Benefits-couple-claiming-30-000-11-children-ANOTHER-way.html

i agree, if them people were out working they wouldn't have as many kids. Government should make them work for their benifits
Be nice to the people you meet on the way up, because you may meet them on the way back down.

Sandino

People who have Baby on Board, little Cuttie on Board etc who have no impact on the way i drive but they themselves drive like fecking idiots. the number of times that I have been cut up by young mother with a Baby on Board sticker makes me seeth >:(
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

whatsinaname

People, people, people, BABY ON BOARD signs are not about adjusting how other drivers, drive behind them, it is a self congratulatory salute on their ability to procreate and a way of letting the rest of the world know.  However what they fail to realise is that they haven't done anything extraordinary or outstanding, even their own parents achieved this feat.  In fact humankind have been doing it for millennia, as well as animals, plants microorganisms, in fact all life on this little planet.  So next time you see such signs, have a chuckle and think of the poor child to have such dunderheads as parents.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Puckoon

Some serious grief with the baby on board signs!

I just don't get the irritation levels - but such is life.

Hardy

pintsofguinness

When you pull the lid of a yogurt and it doesnt come off all as one but tears down the middle.
It really annoys me.

ONeill

Feckin teapots in cafes. Impossible to pour them without drowning the whole table and yerself in tae.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.