You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: EagleLord on August 16, 2010, 04:44:28 PM
so he says How are you doing? Wow, hes not wise that mate of yours...

Speaks before he thinks. On graduating from college he sent a CV to Carhouse Warephone...

Anyways back on topic track (see Mod3 has the finger over the red button) those fecking Baby On Board car stickers. WHY? Is your life not worth as much as your childs? What do these people who put up these sticker think they achieve???  >:(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 01:51:24 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on August 16, 2010, 04:44:28 PM
so he says How are you doing? Wow, hes not wise that mate of yours...

Speaks before he thinks. On graduating from college he sent a CV to Carhouse Warephone...

Anyways back on topic track (see Mod3 has the finger over the red button) those fecking Baby On Board car stickers. WHY? Is your life not worth as much as your childs? What do these people who put up these sticker think they achieve???  >:(

actually wondered the very same thing the other day, whats the point of them. do they think people are less likely to crash into them if they have a sticker up??
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Puckoon

They slow me down a little when I come up behind a car that is displaying one.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Puckoon on August 17, 2010, 04:37:34 PM
They slow me down a little when I come up behind a car that is displaying one.

Why? Is a baby's life more valuable than an adults? Now if the sticker said "Woman driving" it would be much more effective...

Puckoon

Not sure what the psychology behind it is - but it makes me slow down a bit undoubtedly.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Puckoon on August 17, 2010, 04:55:58 PM
Not sure what the psychology behind it is - but it makes me slow down a bit undoubtedly.

Then you must be going too fast to begin with

Celt_Man

Can't see the point of those signs...

"oh right, well I was planning on crashing into the back of you but I saw that Baby on Board sign now I won't bother..."
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Judge Judy and Martin King... two tools of the highest order!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

Miriam O Callaghan can't stand her, it's instant switch over when she's on & the only reason why she has a program on RTE is because shes married to the Director of RTE!!

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

On deal or no deal, when the banker repeatedly makes a fool out of the contestant throughout the show then, at the end when they end up with 1p and are crying or whatever, he praises them for their bravery and how well they played.

andoireabu

when the weather forecast says there will be scattered showers. How do you know if you are in a scattered area?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

ONeill

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

Definitely slows me down too. Sometimes you're driving in the comfort zone and those car signs can make you pay that wee bit more attention to your actual driving.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Puckoon

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 17, 2010, 05:10:57 PM

It is not simply an issue with going too fast (although there are times all of us have done it - show me someone who says they have never driven too fast, and I will show you a liar).

If even one of those signs manages to prevent an accident (wether you agree with the rationale or not) then I can't see why they are a gear grinder (no pun intended).

Driving through the school zones here in the US  - which are a mandatory 15mph zone at times irritates the shite out of me - but if it saves the life of one child it is worth it.