You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paco

Sitting in the sauna tonight, some fella was coming in and then when he's halfway in (with the door still wide open) he decides to turn round and start chatting to someone outside...letting all the heat get out. I asked him nicely to close the door and he looked at me like I had gave him some sort of bad news! Young ones these days.

andoireabu

The phrase "Young ones these days"

Why is age the reason for an individual being a ball bag.
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

paco

Quote from: andoireabu on July 27, 2010, 09:09:39 PM
The phrase "Young ones these days"

Why is age the reason for an individual being a ball bag.

He was only a young fella and, since you have to be 16 or over to be allowed into the facilities, he wouldn't have known such an unwritten rule. You'd never see an aul timer at that sort of craic.

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 27, 2010, 07:24:19 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on July 27, 2010, 07:22:40 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 27, 2010, 07:17:39 PM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on July 09, 2010, 10:36:52 PM
People who change their name into Irish on Facebook.. If it wasn't in Irish when ya set it up don't change it.. A poor attempt at patriotic bullshit !..

Well said.

Had a friend who did this. I asked him why he did it. He changed it because he was in the job market, and wanted to be undetectable to any potential employers.

When I started my new job, I found out most of my co-workers and my bosses wife had facebooked and/or googled me.

Something to think about.
Do they know they can set the privacy so not everyone can see the page?

If you value privacy, why would you have a Facebook page?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on July 27, 2010, 11:08:25 PM
People who change their name into Irish on Facebook.. If it wasn't in Irish when ya set it up don't change it.. A poor attempt at patriotic bullshit !..

Well said.

Had a friend who did this. I asked him why he did it. He changed it because he was in the job market, and wanted to be undetectable to any potential employers.

When I started my new job, I found out most of my co-workers and my bosses wife had facebooked and/or googled me.

So that you can share every moment of every day with people you wouldnt talk to if you met them on the street but who form part of your 10,000 friend list.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: Hardy on July 27, 2010, 11:08:25 PM

Well said.

How would people know you value privacy if you didn't have a FB page to tell them?
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

When people say things like "you can't be too careful these days". Or "You just don't know any more" What is that supposed to mean? I think it means people are getting more paranoid and stupid.

pintsofguinness

The lazy bastards the news reporters will interview every time benefits or welfare form is mentioned so they can have a cry.

fitzroyalty

saffron sam2

When Sainsbury's has a big massive banner above their deli counter proclaiming "Hot Chicken's 2 for £6"
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tyroneboi

Sky sports news and their breaking news banner. I just flicked on there now and their breaking news was frabrice muamba from bolton has signed a 4 year contract. Seriously who give a f**k about that?? Its not breaking news!!

the Deel Rover

don'y know why but i hate the facial expression of Pagraig Harrington when he hits the ball , silly i know
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

When your in a pub having  a spot of lunch and there is a gorgeous blonde in the corner, but a few tables in front of her is Brian O'Driscoll so every time you look over to perv at the hot blonde yer man Driscoll thinks your looking at him
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Celt_Man

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 07, 2010, 01:16:05 PM
When your in a pub having  a spot of lunch and there is a gorgeous blonde in the corner, but a few tables in front of her is Brian O'Driscoll so every time you look over to perv at the hot blonde yer man Driscoll thinks your looking at him

ha! You must give off that kind of vibe then so LL!!  ;D
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

pintsofguinness

Getting old - a few pints after work yesterday and I'm sleeping half the day!