You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J OGorman

the gears were grinded twice't over the weekend:

1. standing barefoot on a slug on the drive-way (ba$tardin slugs)

2. watching a movie on the laptop, shift the laptop and accidentally eject the DVD

paco

Quote from: J OGorman on July 26, 2010, 02:25:25 PM
the gears were grinded twice't over the weekend:

1. standing barefoot on a slug on the drive-way (ba$tardin slugs)

2. watching a movie on the laptop, shift the laptop and accidentally eject the DVD

They seem to like congregating in our garden. Almost everyday someone tramps on one and it gets trailed into the house!

Hereiam

paco u may kill one of them, tie it to a small chair with a sign stating that this is what will happen to u all if u don't disperse.  ;D

paco

Sounds a messy enough job but I may have no other choice!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: EagleLord on July 26, 2010, 02:02:30 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 26, 2010, 12:12:13 PM
Quote from: EagleLord on July 26, 2010, 12:09:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 25, 2010, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2010, 01:11:46 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 25, 2010, 01:03:15 PM
these new phrases/words flying in from yankeeland land
like when people say that something was 'a journey' - no it wasnt thats just time and life!!

also the use of the word 'amazing' (galling me when said in an am-mere-ican accent)

or the incorrect and over use of the word 'surreal'

Awesome post.

Yes - you sure stepped up to the plate there and touched base big time.

Pressure was on there, you really stepped it up a gear, and delivered.

Awesome. Going forward I think we need more standout posts like this. You hit it out of the park

We're really all pulling together here, with a great team effort, and really starting to make significant gains..just getting towards that finish line...
how about yez all f**k off !

lynchbhoy

Quote from: paco on July 26, 2010, 04:29:38 PM
far better way to get rid of the fcukers- I find it somewhat theraputic too as the bastirds are always attacking the flowers , strawberries and whatever plants and veg is growingin the back garden.

Buy cheap (but strong) lager. Get 4.3% stuff or stronger.
Get small plastic trays or containers (the stuff they deliver the chinese stuff in now, or cut the botom off coke or 7up bottles etc.
fill up with a couple of inches of beer and leave them all around the garden.
Dont do this if its going to rain, or put beer traps in sheltered areas where the rain wont get at them.
I caught 53 slugs one particular night. Some huge fcukers too.
Leave this intact and then empty containers after a week of so - the slugs turn into sticky goo, you dont have to go near them. Its not even cruel, as the hoors bath in beer (something a lot of us would love to do) and they just die in it and melt away happily!
teaches them to eat my strawberries !  ;)

Hardy

I've done that with the beer. I found they won't go near Stella. No joke.

EagleLord

I really dont know how I havent wrote on this thread before about this because it really and truly grinds my gears! Players who dont wear the right togs or socks during a game! Its a little annoying how say, Rostrevor players wear Down shorts during a club game, because they are still black with a red trim, or Mayobridge players could maybe get away with wearing a pair of Dublin shorts, but I can maybe just about live with that, because the untrained eye wouldnt notice. BUT when your club colours are green and white, there is no sense in having pair of BLUE chelsea shorts on! I seen this to my horror in a minor championship match a few years back. Amongst the team there was also black shorts, a lad with red socks, and a lad with white socks. How a player cant get a pair of club shorts and socks is beyond me, sure he could even borrow a pair, but when it comes to a championship game, surely wearing a different colour of togs is unacceptable!? It looks ridiculous for a start!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 26, 2010, 04:37:11 PM
far better way to get rid of the fcukers- I find it somewhat theraputic too as the bastirds are always attacking the flowers , strawberries and whatever plants and veg is growingin the back garden.

Get small plastic trays or containers (the stuff they deliver the chinese stuff in now, or cut the botom off coke or 7up bottles etc.
Dont do this if its going to rain, or put beer traps in sheltered areas where the rain wont get at them.
Leave this intact and then empty containers after a week of so - the slugs turn into sticky goo, you dont have to go near them. Its not even cruel, as the hoors bath in beer (something a lot of us would love to do) and they just die in it and melt away happily!
How is that not cruel?!!

Maybe we should trap you in something for a week that will slowly melt you and see what you think.   :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2010, 06:33:20 PM

How is that not cruel?!!

Maybe we should trap you in something for a week that will slowly melt you and see what you think.   :-\

He could move in with you so Pints. I'd say you'd melt his head anyway.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Gaffer

You are waiting for the postman cos you are expecting a package. When he eventually arrives about an hour after he normally does, he has no package. You've the whole thing to do all over again next morning !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

lynchbhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 26, 2010, 06:33:20 PM
How is that not cruel?!!
I'[d say plentyof people would love the option of being thrown into a big vat of beer and having to drink their fill !
POG I actually dont give a fiddlers - the slugs that can live in water (afaik) will happily lounge about in the beer and I believe are effectively drunk as skunks so dont feel themselves eroding away eventually- which at some point in the early stages they are bound to have expired anyhow. They could crawl back out again but choose not too.

Either way - humane or not, I dont give a rats erse as once they eat my strawberries and plants, they have to go !

If it was myself in that position, with the potential to get backout again like the slugs have - then I'd have a choice ! by not going out again I'd drown - like the slugs.

maddog

Quote from: gerry on July 19, 2010, 09:07:01 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 19, 2010, 09:00:28 PM
The phrase 'going forward'. Everybody seems to say it now after matches.

my work full of that shit term

It must be everywhere. Low hanging fruit, quick wins, SOP for the migration process, has everyone forgot how to communicate in simple terms ffs.

J OGorman

brilliant!

Zapatista

When you can't get a simple answer to a simple question.

Example from today -

Person- Zap, can you take me to the airport.
Zap - Sure, what time?
Person - My flight's at 5.
Zap- OK so what time do you want me to lift you?
Person - Whatever time suits.
Zap - Just pick a time for me to collect you.
Person - Well the flight is at 5 and I suppose I need to be there an hour before hand.
Zap - Ok so, what time?
Person - Whenever.
Zap - You can fuking walk to the airport.