You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: eiled in the bushes on July 08, 2010, 10:40:56 PM
people who use " lol " all the fecking time,sometimes two or three times in one message.i dont need you to tell me you're joking or trying to be funny. i can honestly say i have never used it and never freaking will.

muppet

people who use " lol " all the fecking time,sometimes two or three times in one message.i dont need you to tell me you're joking or trying to be funny. i can honestly say i have never used it and never freaking will.

New Yorkers who misuse the word 'freaking'.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: muppet on July 09, 2010, 01:58:57 PM

New Yorkers who misuse the word 'freaking'.

Non-New Yorkers who copy them.
MWWSI 2017

EagleLord

5 Sams

Supposedly high brow broadcasters who get fundamental stuff wrong.......apart from Ger Canning that is.

Matt Cooper on Today FM tonight talking about those two wee Nigerian girls whose mother was afraid to take them back home because of the fear of them suffering genital "mutation" at the hands of some headers over there :-\ :-\

FFS he's a smart bloke....no excuse...

rant over
The Aristocrat Years

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

upmonaghansayswe

People who change their name into Irish on Facebook.. If it wasn't in Irish when ya set it up don't change it.. A poor attempt at patriotic bullshit !..

paco

People who put their university (or whatever it may be) qualifications on their facebook name. Eg. John Smith BSC Hons. Do they think it impresses anyone?

upmonaghansayswe

Or worse again.. This third person crap..  "Upmonaghansayswe thinks Raoul Moat should come out all guns blazing"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: paco on July 09, 2010, 10:44:35 PM
People who put their university (or whatever it may be) qualifications on their facebook name. Eg. John Smith BSC Hons. Do they think it impresses anyone?
I know someone puts it as a signature on their email  :D pathetic.

people who says "they say" as in "they say that's not good for you" or "so they say".
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

paco

3 or 4 years and thousands of pounds of debt for a few letters after your name as the aul boy says. On a (slightly) similar note, university lecturers who call themselves doctors, where did they get that idea?

rosnarun

Quote from: paco on July 09, 2010, 11:13:39 PM
3 or 4 years and thousands of pounds of debt for a few letters after your name as the aul boy says. On a (slightly) similar note, university lecturers who call themselves doctors, where did they get that idea?

theres a few grand wasted.
Doctor is an academic title not a medical
one in fact most medical doctors are not qualified enough to genuinely earn the title.
and yes titles do actually impress employers. with people educated to degree level earning significantly more that less well qualified co-workers . employers do read facebook.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

pintsofguinness

Quote from: rosnarun on July 09, 2010, 11:25:44 PM

one in fact most medical doctors are not qualified enough to genuinely earn the title.
and yes titles do actually impress employers. with people educated to degree level earning significantly more that less well qualified co-workers . employers do read facebook.
and employers pick employees from facebook so people have to put their degrees on there?  ???
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

upmonaghansayswe

S`pose the price of funerals has gone up!!

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: rosnarun on July 09, 2010, 11:25:44 PM

Cop yourself on... He was on about putting academic titles on a facebook page not your C.V... The first being pathetic, the latter being essential..