You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stephenite

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/boy-awarded-836412000-for-soccer-injury-2239467.html

A BOY who broke his hand playing football at a soccer academy weekend won more than €12,000 in damages yesterday.

The 10-year-old broke his wrist when a Glasgow Celtic coach hit a ball at him, the Circuit Civil Court heard. Eoin Forde's dream soccer academy weekend in July 2008 ended in agony, a judge was told.

Barrister Victoria Barrett said Eoin, of Effernock Manor, Dublin Road, Trim, Co Meath, had been attending a soccer camp at Tully Park, Summerhill Road, Trim, when he was injured.

Ms Barrett said the boy, now 12, was playing goalie when a coach kicked a football at him and fractured his right wrist.

She told Circuit Court President, Mr Justice Matthew Deery, that Eoin was shaken by the injury and the damaged bone in his wrist had been manipulated into place under general anaesthetic.

His wrist was placed in a plaster for three weeks and he had since made a full recovery.

Eoin, through his father Ian, had sued Celtic FC Limited, Celtic Park, Glasgow, and Topflight Sports for Schools Limited, which organises player academies and trades as Topflight Soccer at Jervis Street, Dublin.

The judge approved of a settlement offer of €12,440 and costs made on behalf of both defendants and directed the money be paid into court funds until Eoin reaches the age of 18.

- Ray Managh

Irish Independent

This shite really annoys me - how many on here broke bones in their body when playing soccer or Gaelic as young fellas?

paco

Quote from: stephenite on June 30, 2010, 07:15:37 AM
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/boy-awarded-836412000-for-soccer-injury-2239467.html

A BOY who broke his hand playing football at a soccer academy weekend won more than €12,000 in damages yesterday.

The 10-year-old broke his wrist when a Glasgow Celtic coach hit a ball at him, the Circuit Civil Court heard. Eoin Forde's dream soccer academy weekend in July 2008 ended in agony, a judge was told.

Barrister Victoria Barrett said Eoin, of Effernock Manor, Dublin Road, Trim, Co Meath, had been attending a soccer camp at Tully Park, Summerhill Road, Trim, when he was injured.

Ms Barrett said the boy, now 12, was playing goalie when a coach kicked a football at him and fractured his right wrist.

She told Circuit Court President, Mr Justice Matthew Deery, that Eoin was shaken by the injury and the damaged bone in his wrist had been manipulated into place under general anaesthetic.

His wrist was placed in a plaster for three weeks and he had since made a full recovery.

Eoin, through his father Ian, had sued Celtic FC Limited, Celtic Park, Glasgow, and Topflight Sports for Schools Limited, which organises player academies and trades as Topflight Soccer at Jervis Street, Dublin.

The judge approved of a settlement offer of €12,440 and costs made on behalf of both defendants and directed the money be paid into court funds until Eoin reaches the age of 18.

- Ray Managh

Irish Independent

This shite really annoys me - how many on here broke bones in their body when playing soccer or Gaelic as young fellas?

The fact that he was playing in goals is the worst part!

tyrone girl

Said it before but i feel the need to say it again - that f**ker in the wheelchair in Eastenders

ziggysego

Quote from: tyrone girl on June 30, 2010, 12:27:44 PM
Said it before but i feel the need to say it again - that f**ker in the wheelchair in Eastenders

I think he's cool. For too long, disabled people on television have be portrayed as nice people, that sit in the background doing nothing. This fella is a bit of a dick and isn't meant to be all that nice.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2010, 12:41:16 PM
Quote from: tyrone girl on June 30, 2010, 12:27:44 PM

I think he's cool. For too long, disabled people on television have be portrayed as nice people, that sit in the background doing nothing. This fella is a bit of a dick and isn't meant to be all that nice.
What you mean is 'he is a horny bugger like me'  ;D

ross4life

People who write text messages with key 'beep' sounds on...
Especially the ones where the beeps are all different like a touch tone phone and they don't use predictive text so it takes them 20 minutes to say 'hi'.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on June 30, 2010, 06:50:41 PM
People who write text messages with key 'beep' sounds on...
Especially the ones where the beeps are all different like a touch tone phone and they don't use predictive text so it takes them 20 minutes to say 'hi'.

People who end every sentence with 'hi'.

Or 'boy' for that matter.
MWWSI 2017

The Real Laoislad

Smashing the screen on my iPhone.  :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Minder on June 30, 2010, 09:49:14 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 30, 2010, 09:47:43 PM
Smashing the screen on my iPhone.  :'(

Have you insurance?

No not for the phone,I rang apple and they said I can claim off house insurance and will give me a new iPhone for €120, I don't really want to be claiming off house insurance though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The 4 dipshits that were throwing rubbish out of their car driving through picturesque Knockmore and Pontoon today and then flicking cigs into to the bogs near Ross. Then they overtook like lunatics at Claddagh Woods, the fannypacks  >:(  >:(  >:(
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

EagleLord

Catch the high ball

Hanging the clothes on the line, but its that windy you have to use about 20 pegs for every item.

Then you are siting inside wondering whether the "20 peg theory" has failed and your clothes are blowing halfway around the country and have to keep looking out the window every feckin 5 minutes.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

tyrone girl

Which would more than likely mean they would injure some innocent person in the process

An Gaeilgoir

The green party and everything about them, also the turf cutting ban in raised bogs in the west of Ireland, again the small man getting screwed, (BNM valuation of bog 235k p/a, Govt. 3000 p/a) while Bord na Mona can cut away hundered of acres of bog some of it raised every year without any EU directives affecting them.The west of Ireland is a live vibrant area, not to be turned into some preservation reserve by D4 heads and their ilk. Rural people understand their environment and its limitations and have managed it quite successfully for generations, If the D4 tree huggers want to have an imput in to the west, move down here and be a part of the area, not just issuing dictats to the "stupid country pumpkins/ peasants" who they think know no better. No more, thanks.