You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Cold shower is the ticket! Though its times like these I wish I hadnt ripped out the bath and replaced it with a shower! An ice cold bath would be just whats needed at the end of some of these days!

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hardy

The sports news slot on the Pat Kenny programme says RTÉ are getting calls castigating them for claiming Graeme McDowell as Irish. They didn't say from whom the calls came, but Kenny seemed to imply that they were claiming he's British, which suggestion he debunked by pointing out that Britain is that other island to the east of us. He's UK-ish but definitely not British, said Pat. And anyway, he plays for Ireland.

Zapatista

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 12:35:19 PM
The sports news slot on the Pat Kenny programme says RTÉ are getting calls castigating them for claiming Graeme McDowell as Irish. They didn't say from whom the calls came, but Kenny seemed to imply that they were claiming he's British, which suggestion he debunked by pointing out that Britain is that other island to the east of us. He's UK-ish but definitely not British, said Pat. And anyway, he plays for Ireland.

When RTE announce this sort of petty crap while not announcing honest complaints it grinds my gears.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on June 21, 2010, 12:35:19 PM
You have to wonder who's listening to Pat Kenny's show and getting insulted by them calling McDowell Irish
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

andoireabu

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 21, 2010, 12:26:35 PM
Graeme Mc Dowells accent  >:( >:( >:(

His brother and his uncles accents are hilarious. why can people in antrim not pronounce the letter "t"
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Puckoon

By virtue of the fact that I probably have something similar - why?

muppet

Quote from: andoireabu on June 21, 2010, 09:52:52 PM

His brother and his uncles accents are hilarious. why can people in antrim not pronounce the letter "t"

So they can say cuns.
MWWSI 2017

EagleLord

I put this on the world cup thread already, but after Gary Lineker said tonight that Uraguay vs South Korea would be a great draw for England to get in the quarter finals, it really grinded my gears..

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

maggie

Having to wait til next week for the second half of the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.
What a cliff- hanger.

ziggysego

Quote from: maggie on June 23, 2010, 12:18:01 PM
Having to wait til next week for the second half of the season finale of Grey's Anatomy.
What a cliff- hanger.

I feel the same about the Doctor Who series finale.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on June 23, 2010, 12:18:09 AM
Getting out of the friend zone.
She just wants to be a friend whereas you want to get a piece of her tidy ass..
We've all been there Ziggy, have you ever heard of Rohypnol?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 23, 2010, 01:12:10 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 23, 2010, 12:18:09 AM
Getting out of the friend zone.
She just wants to be a friend whereas you want to get a piece of her tidy ass..
We've all been there Ziggy, have you ever heard of Rohypnol?
:D - 'here use this hankerchief to blow your nose'

ONeill

When you haven't eaten anything in 36 hours cos the shite is running clean outta you.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.