You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

ross4life

Obviously is a word Stuart Pearce loves & Donegal players love saying "well you know" & Mayo players "in fairness"
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

pintsofguinness

Steven Gerrard constantly look at something off in the distance, to his left, when interviewed.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ross4life

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 19, 2010, 02:56:56 PM
Steven Gerrard constantly look at something off in the distance, to his left, when interviewed.

hubcaps?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 19, 2010, 02:56:56 PM

Next year's Champions' League.
MWWSI 2017

Denn Forever

Commentators talking during National Anthems.  The Vuvulezas stop so why can't commentators.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

pintsofguinness

Being crippled for two days with back pain (and dont get me started on that deep heat cream!)- and then to add insult to injury they're just showing repeats of wife swap usa this morning!

Hardy

I've been getting back pain out of the blue for years. Hardly able to move for a couple of days, then it goes away again. Then a few months ago, someone showed me a stretching exercise that works wonders. It gives immediate relief from the pain and inability to move and even if/when the pain comes back, a few of these stretches and it's gone again.

Of course whether it'll work or not depends on the source of the pain, but it might be worth a try. I'm not sure how well this description will work, but get down on your hands and knees, not in a square posture, but with arms a bit out in front and legs a bit out at the back - i.e. not like this: Π, like this: /¯\. Arch up your back as much as you can and keeping it arched, bring your arse back onto your heels and your head down between your arms touching your forehead to the floor. Your hands stay put, but at the end your arms should be stretched out in front of you. You should feel the muscles at the base of your back stretched. Repeat a few times.

I presume any exercise that stretches the back muscles (you can find loads of them) will work as well; that's just the one I use.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on June 20, 2010, 12:05:24 PM
I've been getting back pain out of the blue for years. Hardly able to move for a couple of days, then it goes away again. Then a few months ago, someone showed me a stretching exercise that works wonders. It gives immediate relief from the pain and inability to move and even if/when the pain comes back, a few of these stretches and it's gone again.

Of course whether it'll work or not depends on the source of the pain, but it might be worth a try. I'm not sure how well this description will work, but get down on your hands and knees, not in a square posture, but with arms a bit out in front and legs a bit out at the back - i.e. not like this: Π, like this: /¯\. Arch up your back as much as you can and keeping it arched, bring your arse back onto your heels and your head down between your arms touching your forehead to the floor. Your hands stay put, but at the end your arms should be stretched out in front of you. You should feel the muscles at the base of your back stretched. Repeat a few times.

I presume any exercise that stretches the back muscles (you can find loads of them) will work as well; that's just the one I use.
If you're not serious that's a really good wind up, get me down on the ground to do that. 
This is the same as yours, started a couple of months ago, I feel a twinge in my lower left side of the back and within 5 minutes I'm crippled. Felt it yesterday morning after I got up, not doing anything major, crippled now and I could be fine in five minutes, I can't bend my back and nothing eases the pain!

Hardy

It's not a wind-up. I'm not that funny.

pintsofguinness

Ok I'll give it a go, even though I've a bad knee and going on my hands and knees is quite painful as well....

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Muscle pain and badly sunburnt at the same time from a hard days work outside yesterday, I tried to have a shower to relax my muscles but was left screaming in pain as the jets of water hit my red-raw arms, face and kneck.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

pintsofguinness

Not a bad tip hardy! Didn't shift the pain fully but loosened up the back, feels better.
The floor needs hoovered though.

Puckoon

Hardy that sounds like you're doing the yoga position "the dog".

I like how you drew it out though.

paco

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on June 20, 2010, 03:11:13 PM
Muscle pain and badly sunburnt at the same time from a hard days work outside yesterday, I tried to have a shower to relax my muscles but was left screaming in pain as the jets of water hit my red-raw arms, face and kneck.

Horrible feeling! On the other hand having a quick cold shower when you're in this sort of state feels unreal.