You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: eggy bread on June 15, 2010, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 15, 2010, 09:01:18 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 15, 2010, 08:38:45 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 15, 2010, 08:00:01 PM
Bet you don't use your indicators either? 
from what I see most people don't use indicators.

Especially mothers dropping their little precious off to school..
Pulling into a space or pulling out of one or sometimes even when they just abandon the car right in the middle of the road,not a sign of a indicator from any of them..
I don't know what ever happened to walking your kid to school,or put them on a bus even.
Yeah but if you look they'd have a "child on board" sign, that means you don't go within 20 yards of them

No it means they have "a child on board", friend or relative probably bought it for them - it's cute  :-* - maybe if the adoption people don't cop on to you advocating physical abuse to children someone might get you one!

What are you on about? No need for that kind of carry on....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

eggy bread

Quote from: Celt_Man on June 15, 2010, 11:38:14 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 15, 2010, 11:33:11 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 15, 2010, 09:01:18 PM

Pulling into a space or pulling out of one or sometimes even when they just abandon the car right in the middle of the road,not a sign of a indicator from any of them..
I don't know what ever happened to walking your kid to school,or put them on a bus even.
Yeah but if you look they'd have a "child on board" sign, that means you don't go within 20 yards of them

No it means they have "a child on board", friend or relative probably bought it for them - it's cute  :-* - maybe if the adoption people don't cop on to you advocating physical abuse to children someone might get you one!

What are you on about? No need for that kind of carry on....

Exactly - advocating physical abuse of toddlers should be frowned upon without exception, children learn from those around them, no toddler should be punished for the failings of their guardians.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: eggy bread on June 15, 2010, 11:29:59 PM

Depends on the age of the child and the parents work situation.  Amazingly in this day and age both parents work, are you worried about lack of exercise, should the parent in charge get up an hour early and walk their kid to school or put a 4 year old on a bus and say byeeeeeee - have you kids, do they attend school?

Does any of that stop them learning the rules of the road?
Most of them think because they have kids they can park where ever they want outside the school and basically just abandon their car anywhere, then when the likes of me blow them out of it they give you a look of disgust because they feel they are immune to all rules or even simple manners by maybe indicating because they can't have their little precious walk 20 extra yards to the school
by parking in all the empty spaces down the road from the school I pass every morning ::) no instead they all have to park right at the school gate because God forbid little Oisin might get wet by a drop of rain by having to walk a little extra distance
You'll Never Walk Alone.

eggy bread

You haven't answered my question, have you any kids, do they attend school?

eggy bread

By the way most schools don't allow cars into it, unless you are a member of staff, even buses aren't allowed in, probably because no school could cope with that amount of traffic and also for health and safety reasons for the children, so where would you want the parents to park to collect their kids?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: eggy bread on June 16, 2010, 07:40:34 AM
By the way most schools don't allow cars into it, unless you are a member of staff, even buses aren't allowed in, probably because no school could cope with that amount of traffic and also for health and safety reasons for the children, so where would you want the parents to park to collect their kids?

Yeah your right,sure the middle of the road is a far better option..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: eggy bread on June 16, 2010, 07:37:18 AM

None of your business
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Onion Bag

Hayfever, eyes and nose streaming like f**k,

have tried all these so called recommended brands, any ideas or which is the best
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Alco Pup

Quote from: Onion Bag on June 16, 2010, 08:10:37 AM

have tried all these so called recommended brands, any ideas or which is the best

I was always told that if you suffer from hayfever the best thing you can do is to get some local honey - has to be local made mind, and take a spoonful of it every day for 6 weeks. Its got something to do with your local bees picking up the pollen that is causing you to suffer from hayfever.  You take a little dose of it every day and your body eventually builds immunity to it.

It won't help straight away, but if it helps in the long run then its worth a shot!

This is also going to sound weird, but if you put a little bit of vaseline inside the nostrils, it acts as a barrier and can stop the pollen getting through.  Should reduce some of the symptoms!

Onion Bag

Cheers Alco, i am going to try both

Rois

Beconase nasal spray always does the business for me.  At least it's going straight into the nose and head instead of swallowing a tablet that goes down into your stomach to be broken down first.  Though when you use it, you get a taste of flowers in the back of your mouth, like eating perfume. 

JUst retired

How do you eat perfume? I prefer to drink it. :D

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eggy bread on June 16, 2010, 07:37:18 AM

I think you're the only one in the world with children.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Celt_Man

Yea I'm after getting one of those nasal sprays which has worked well before.  It's called Luffa Nasal Spray made by A. Vogel
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Onion Bag

Thanks for the advice lads, must get one of them nasal spays to see if it works