You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

noise pollution - in to the town centre today and there was some tube talking in to a microphone about praying, another eejit 10 yard from him singing "la la la la la la la" into another microphone and further on down the street another bollocks playing some flute thing into another microphone!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hardy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 08:30:04 PM
noise pollution - in to the town centre today and there was some tube talking in to a microphone about praying, another eejit 10 yard from him singing "la la la la la la la" into another microphone and further on down the street another bollocks playing some flute thing into another microphone!

Agreed. And is there anything more annoying than these souvenir shops that sell paddywhackery - leprechauns and postcards of donkeys and Daniel O'Donnell CDs - that have speakers outside drowning the whole street in Country'n'Irish shite. Why can't we close these hoors down?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on June 06, 2010, 12:03:47 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 08:30:04 PM

Agreed. And is there anything more annoying than these souvenir shops that sell paddywhackery - leprechauns and postcards of donkeys and Daniel O'Donnell CDs - that have speakers outside drowning the whole street in Country'n'Irish shite. Why can't we close these hoors down?

a lot of shops do that here too - quite a few would have people standing out on the street holding up an advertisement as well - would someone explain to me the point in that? Paying someone to stand outside all day holding a sign? Could they not put the sign up somewhere?

Dinny Breen

sitting in front of some mouthy idiot who does nothing but abuse the ref and opposition players
#newbridgeornowhere

Louth Exile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 06, 2010, 12:11:03 AM
sitting in front of some mouthy idiot who does nothing but abuse the ref and opposition players

Agree - One of yours or ours?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

heat. it's 30 degrees and a fan on, all it's doing is moving the hot air around the room.

Catch the high ball

When you go to peel the lid of a yoghurt and it tears in 2. Then you have to get your fingers all covered in yoghurt to try and get the other half off which doesn't have the wee bit to aid the peeling motion.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Puckoon

I want to go eat my feckin lunch but theres a bat in the caffeteria.

paco

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 08, 2010, 07:08:03 PM
When you go to peel the lid of a yoghurt and it tears in 2. Then you have to get your fingers all covered in yoghurt to try and get the other half off which doesn't have the wee bit to aid the peeling motion.

+1

Or when you go to open the yogurt, the lid doesn't seem to want to come off so you apply more force, so that when you do open it the yogurt splashes all over you.

Geoff Tipps

James Corden. Every time I turn on the telly he's there. Sick of him now.

muppet

Quote from: Puckoon on June 08, 2010, 07:23:19 PM
I want to go eat my feckin lunch but theres a bat in the caffeteria.

Hmmm. That gives me an idea for a few auld songs.

You're a bit of a singer/guitarist I hear Puck.

What weight are yah?

MWWSI 2017

Puckoon

Very good muppet. Im not the 10 stone I used to be - but Im not quite at meatloaf's girth just yet!

Yet.

pintsofguinness

when you buy a BLT sandwich and it's mainly lettuce and mayo!

Back to making my own lunches tomorrow!

Puckoon

Never understood the lure of a plain BLT myself.