You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

The LIE that Slieve League (601 metres) in Donegal are the Highest Sea Cliffs in Ireland and Europe, they are NOT, Croaghaun (668 metres) on Achill Island in COUNTY MAYO are the Highest Sea Cliffs in Ireland and the European Union (Not Europe).

Always makes me very angry when bord failte or discover Ireland propagate this lie.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

EagleLord

Idiots who dont know the meaning on the word 'doubt'... my brothers friend used to say all the time and in the wrong context! He would say something like 'I doubt rooneys having his best season for utd yet'....I try to explain it to him, so what your saying there is, u think rooney is in poor form? he says no, hes class..yeh i thought thats what u meant so i try and explain, doubt basicly means 'i dont think that..' but he just is so thick he'd just say, naaa doubt not lad!.....FFS!!!! >:(

ziggysego

Quote from: EagleLord on May 02, 2010, 08:10:55 PM
Idiots who dont know the meaning on the word 'doubt'... my brothers friend used to say all the time and in the wrong context! He would say something like 'I doubt rooneys having his best season for utd yet'....I try to explain it to him, so what your saying there is, u think rooney is in poor form? he says no, hes class..yeh i thought thats what u meant so i try and explain, doubt basicly means 'i dont think that..' but he just is so thick he'd just say, naaa doubt not lad!.....FFS!!!! >:(

That error was made on the board a few weeks ago. Can't remember the thread it was in, but someone used the word 'doubt' in the wrong context and I highlighted it could lead to confusion.
Testing Accessibility

EagleLord

I doubt thats a new display picture you've got there Zig...... >:( >:( >:( >:(

:'(

muppet

In the pub watching the Munster game, with many others, when one genius (not staff) walks up to the TV and changes the channel to the Man. Utd v Sunderland game without asking anyone. Brainless idiot probably wont make 30 if he always that stupid.
MWWSI 2017

EagleLord

That. Is not on muppet! Majority rules in that situation! Ye have to get consent from the vast majority before changing the channel in the pub, and eve nthen when 90% of people are happy to change it, the owl GAA man at the bar whos been there since midday has the final say, if he wants to watch the hurling on TG4, he gets to! :D

Gaffer

Mowing the lawn and hitting a fcukin' stone. AAGGGGHHHH
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

People who talk to talk in shop doorways and don't move when you're either looking to enter the shop or exit the shop. MOVE OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY!!  >:(
Testing Accessibility

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: ziggysego on May 03, 2010, 09:28:43 PM
People who talk to talk in shop doorways and don't move when you're either looking to enter the shop or exit the shop. MOVE OUT OF THE BLOODY WAY!!  >:(

People who talk to talk?  You Tyrone wans are fierce weird.
In your Endo!

muppet

MWWSI 2017

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: muppet on May 03, 2010, 05:06:22 PM
In the pub watching the Munster game, with many others, when one genius (not staff) walks up to the TV and changes the channel to the Man. Utd v Sunderland game without asking anyone. Brainless idiot probably wont make 30 if he always that stupid.

Ya saw similar thing in the Galway Hooker bar (is it still there) in Heuston Station a few years back, was on the way back to Mayo from Waterford and had to wait for my connection train. The All-Ireland Final was on and Galway had been playing in the minor game, but due to the fact the special train put on by I.E. for the Galway fans left just after the senior game without leaving time for the Galway fans to get back to Heuston the bar was thronged with Galway fans (who left at half time in the Senior game) + the rest of us GAA fans + other passers by watching the senior final. When the senior game ended everyone was waiting to see Liam be handed over when the barman switched over to some obscure League 2 (Old division 4) soccer match. The bar moaned and groaned and shouted for him to turn it back, he wouldn't until one wise old snipe in a Supermacs jersey said that it was only half time, the third quarter was about to start. The stupid soccerhead believed him and turned the "stickball" (his words)  >:( back on.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ziggysego

Getting old.

On Monday I had to go into Omagh to get something I needed. The shop didn't have it in stock, but it was coming in the following day. (Tuesday).

So today, during lunch, I went back into Omagh to get it. However, once I got to the town

a) I couldn't remember what shop it was
b) I couldn't remember who I was talking to in the shop
c) I couldn't remember the important thing I needed, that I asked to be kept for me

I wandered about the town for 40mins, retracing my steps. Still couldn't remember.

I hate getting old.
Testing Accessibility

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
Getting old.

On Monday I had to go into Omagh to get something I needed. The shop didn't have it in stock, but it was coming in the following day. (Tuesday).

So today, during lunch, I went back into Omagh to get it. However, once I got to the town

c) I couldn't remember the important thing I needed, that I asked to be kept for me

I wandered about the town for 40mins, retracing my steps. Still couldn't remember.

I hate getting old.

Do you remember that £50 I lent you last week? ;)
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

illdecide

Quote from: ziggysego on May 05, 2010, 01:39:41 PM
Getting old.

I hate getting old.

FFS ziggy how the hell could you not remember that. My Granny is about 134 and she'd remember that, i think you could have dementia saan. It's funny how you never forget to log onto facebook and the GAA Board ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ziggysego

Quote from: illdecide on May 05, 2010, 02:21:03 PM
It's funny how you never forget to log onto facebook and the GAA Board ;)

That's more habitual than anything to do with memory ;)
Testing Accessibility