You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 06, 2010, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 06, 2010, 07:33:36 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 06, 2010, 06:42:12 PM
Pumping up bicycle tyres. More air getting out than going in. Any advice Pints?
I dont think I'm an expert but my thinking would be you have a puncture!
One of my pedals started squeaking this morning, about 8 miles today and all I can hear is this f**king squeaking - I can still hear it!
You must be shifting some beef doing those miles every day?

I did at the beginning, for the first 3 or 4 months and then I started to put it back on again and I don't understand how. Nothing changed.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Orior

Thanks for the smart alec replies - you all make me very proud.

I find hand pumps real awkward things - so I'm gonna buy a foot pump, or fut pump if you're from Newry/Dundalk/Monaghan
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tyrones own

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 06, 2010, 08:28:09 PM
One of my pedals started squeaking this morning, about 8 miles today and all I can hear is this f**king squeaking - I can still hear it!

I did at the beginning, for the first 3 or 4 months and then I started to put it back on again and I don't understand how. Nothing changed.
That's your answer right there Pints.... are your doing the same thing all the time,(route, pace) etc?... need to alter it and change it up, your body has gotten used to what it is your doing, Plateau effect if you like ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 06, 2010, 10:49:37 PM

That's your answer right there Pints.... are your doing the same thing all the time,(route, pace) etc?... need to alter it and change it up, your body has gotten used to what it is your doing, Plateau effect if you like ;)
aye but it's my route to work!

Tyrones own

Ah...I don't know then bar pushing it a little or doing a bit extra at the weekends
if the weight loss thing is important to you :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tyrones own on April 06, 2010, 10:55:27 PM
Ah...I don't know then bar pushing it a little or doing a bit extra at the weekends
if the weight loss thing is important to you :-\
I do 35-40 mile during the week am I f**k taking the bike out at the weekends as well. I tell you though I'm saving a fortune on diseal, I don't know when I last bought some.

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 06, 2010, 10:51:33 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on April 06, 2010, 10:49:37 PM

aye but it's my route to work!

Get lost!
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

ziggysego

Getting battered by a female work colleague from Monaghan.

The girls at work were talking about how hard their grannies had it back-in-day. Housework all day and having to have the dinner ready from when their man was back from a hard day's work. Not only were they expected to do all that, but expected to pop out a string of babies and rear them.

They also said that the men didn't appreciate their wives and were alcoholics anyway.

I meerly said they were the good old days and women knew their place!

Well, I got a sever battering after that. Wile a man can't even express an opinion anymore!
Testing Accessibility

Celt_Man

Quote from: ziggysego on April 14, 2010, 04:46:16 PM
Getting battered by a female work colleague from Monaghan.

The girls at work were talking about how hard their grannies had it back-in-day. Housework all day and having to have the dinner ready from when their man was back from a hard day's work. Not only were they expected to do all that, but expected to pop out a string of babies and rear them.

They also said that the men didn't appreciate their wives and were alcoholics anyway.

I meerly said they were the good old days and women knew their place!

Well, I got a sever battering after that. Wile a man can't even express an opinion anymore!

Well you should have known better than to wander into the kitchen to listen to them!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

maddog

Quote from: Orior on April 06, 2010, 09:11:21 PM
Thanks for the smart alec replies - you all make me very proud.

I find hand pumps real awkward things - so I'm gonna buy a foot pump, or fut pump if you're from Newry/Dundalk/Monaghan

Buy one of these Orior.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-BETO-FLOOR-CYCLE-BIKE-TRACK-PUMP-CAR-PRESTA-VALVE_W0QQitemZ120547440131QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Sports_Leisure_Cycling_BikePumps_SR?hash=item1c112ff603

Its the only way to get the right kind of pressure into the tyres. Hand pumps are only really for if you had to fix a puncture while out. You can get these in Halfords for about £12, look for the one with the double valve, i.e it will blow up car type valve or the narrow presta type valve.

thebigfella

Meeting the family of someone you are seeing for the first time, especially if she fails to mention to them the 10 year age gap before you turn up >:(

Talk about f**king uncomfortable.

Bensars

Quote from: thebigfella on April 21, 2010, 01:25:45 PM
Meeting the family of someone you are seeing for the first time, especially if she fails to mention to them the 10 year age gap before you turn up >:(

Understandable enough big fella given that you have just turned 25 ! ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: Bensars on April 21, 2010, 01:27:26 PM

Bigfella's seeing a 15 year old? That's sick!  :o
Testing Accessibility

thebigfella

Quote from: Bensars on April 21, 2010, 01:27:26 PM

Nah she's 16 and 11 months, 1 more month to go  ;)

Edit: she is a considerable bit older than that.