You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

from my sources Gaelic football first played 1887 & football/soccer first played 1863
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

vav

People who bring out cameras on nights out grind my fecking gears.. and if that wasn't enough then they tag you in photos on facebook making a gobshite of yourself  (and removing the tags is no good because the evidence has been out there for all to see until ya got a chance to sign in ) >:( :-[

tyrone girl

U should behave yourself on nights out then and there wouldnt be any incriminating evidence  :o

illdecide

Morning erections grind my gears espicially when you need to have a leak and you can't even fit your bell end into the toilet bowl
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

haranguerer

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 05, 2010, 01:31:11 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 05, 2010, 01:24:15 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 11:37:19 PM
When you're driving along at a decent speed and you leave a decent gap between yourself and the boyo in front of you....

then some p***k passes you out and jumps into that gap -  so you have to slow down again in case he taps the brakes at all you're into his back seat..

What you're saying is nobody should overtake you? I mean, where do you expect him to go when he overtakes you?

Nope that's not it, I mean when a fella makes a mad bust to overtake all in front of him then mid way through decides to jump into of you... into the space I left to make the car in front of me a safe distance ahead

You're supposed to leave enough space so that anyone overtaking can get back in. Whenever someone does pull in to that space, then yes, you are supposed to have to slow down a bit to leave the space again. Its not that hard!

On a related note (although you dont sound like one of these tools) geargrinders;  those who sit tight behind other vehicles, but have no intention of passing - i.e. there isnt enough room to get in between the two, and usually it isn't safe to overtake the two vehicles at once.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: haranguerer on January 05, 2010, 11:14:18 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 05, 2010, 01:31:11 AM
Quote from: Hardy on January 05, 2010, 01:24:15 AM
Quote from: Celt_Man on January 04, 2010, 11:37:19 PM
When you're driving along at a decent speed and you leave a decent gap between yourself and the boyo in front of you....

then some p***k passes you out and jumps into that gap -  so you have to slow down again in case he taps the brakes at all you're into his back seat..
What you're saying is nobody should overtake you? I mean, where do you expect him to go when he overtakes you?

Nope that's not it, I mean when a fella makes a mad bust to overtake all in front of him then mid way through decides to jump into of you... into the space I left to make the car in front of me a safe distance ahead

You're supposed to leave enough space so that anyone overtaking can get back in. Whenever someone does pull in to that space, then yes, you are supposed to have to slow down a bit to leave the space again. Its not that hard!

On a related note (although you dont sound like one of these tools) geargrinders;  those who sit tight behind other vehicles, but have no intention of passing - i.e. there isnt enough room to get in between the two, and usually it isn't safe to overtake the two vehicles at once.
Lane hoppers f**k me me off at rush hour. They usually don't get there any quicker but still manage to seriously f**k off whoever happens to be behind them.

Quote from: illdecide on January 05, 2010, 11:08:02 AM
Morning erections grind my gears espicially when you need to have a leak and you can't even fit your bell end into the toilet bowl
very simple solution and i thought u of all people would have it mastered by now  ;)

thebigfella

Bono after his latest excrement about file sharing, enough said.

Treasurer

HP!!  Trying to get a replacement power lead out of them since end of November and being given the run around!!!  Arrrrrrrrghhh!!!

pintsofguinness

coming home in 2 inches of snow with more falling, all the traffic crawling and you always have the couple of wankers driving at speeds they would in perfect conditions.  Even had one p***k sit on his horn while another car tried to get in on to a side road without hitting something! Is it pure arrogance or are they just thick?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Treasurer

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 05, 2010, 06:42:01 PM
coming home in 2 inches of snow with more falling, all the traffic crawling and you always have the couple of w**kers driving at speeds they would in perfect conditions.  Even had one p***k sit on his horn while another car tried to get in on to a side road without hitting something! Is it pure arrogance or are they just thick?

Yes!!  Same fecker must have been on my road tonight!!

maggie

Snow/ice/cold/frost

Oh and Ulster Bank- i am still awaiting a replacement switch card since Nov 30th.

tyrone girl

Oh my good god im freezingggggggggggggggggggggg - hate this cold weather nearly fell about 10 times yesterday.

On another note does anyone know if u should be sent home from work if the heating has packed in  ???
Some electrical fault seems to have wrecked the heating and im that cold i could cry. Dont think can stick this to 5.30 this evening

illdecide

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2010, 09:39:33 AM
Oh my good god im freezingggggggggggggggggggggg - hate this cold weather nearly fell about 10 times yesterday.

On another note does anyone know if u should be sent home from work if the heating has packed in  ???
Some electrical fault seems to have wrecked the heating and im that cold i could cry. Dont think can stick this to 5.30 this evening

Yes TG you should be sent home, i was sent home on Monday because our heating in work had packed in.

tyrone girl

It wont happen in here - they be too miserable to send us home but my hands are like bloody ice - pure freezing - i never warm even when the heatings on never mind like this  :'( :'( :'(

illdecide

Quote from: tyrone girl on January 06, 2010, 09:44:16 AM
It wont happen in here - they be too miserable to send us home but my hands are like bloody ice - pure freezing - i never warm even when the heatings on never mind like this  :'( :'( :'(

It's times like this that you wish you were a man...we would just put our hands down our kecks and warm the hands but then again we prob wouldn't be that cold in the first place :P