You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

Quote from: muppet on January 02, 2010, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 05:35:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 02, 2010, 05:28:56 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 05:15:34 PM
Is that what these ponces are doing?! I knew they were up to something! It sounds like an awful lot of work!

Saves time in the long run though. You didn't think they were genuinely interested did you?
Well they're bloody good actors if they aren't! I might have to try out your theory though I think she might be a bit suspicious if after 6 years of moaning and complaining about shopping I suddenly become interested.

Let us know how you get on.

I hate shopping. I have never shopped with the wife for her clothes. Now granted I am not the most patient man but somewhere along the line the wife obviously said to herself "self dont bring him shopping its not worth it" Deal with it early on and you will never have trouble, accommodate the whole shopping concept at the start and you are fucked.
Edit: Women love shopping, its a hobby, I love golf, its a hobby, I dont ask the wife to come golfing, she doesnt ask me to come shopping, why ruin your hobbies.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Donnellys Hollow

Snow, sleet, ice, frost, slush, freezing fog, fog-lights, idiots panic buying rations in the shops (you'd swear World War III was about to break out judging by the behaviour in the supermarkets today)

>:(
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 02, 2010, 06:17:52 PM
Is that what these ponces are doing?! I knew they were up to something! It sounds like an awful lot of work!

Saves time in the long run though. You didn't think they were genuinely interested did you?
Well they're bloody good actors if they aren't! I might have to try out your theory though I think she might be a bit suspicious if after 6 years of moaning and complaining about shopping I suddenly become interested.

I hate shopping. I have never shopped with the wife for her clothes. Now granted I am not the most patient man but somewhere along the line the wife obviously said to herself "self dont bring him shopping its not worth it" Deal with it early on and you will never have trouble, accommodate the whole shopping concept at the start and you are fucked.
Almost every time we go shopping I get promised she's never "asking" me again. And it's not that I go shopping with her for her clothes, I just agree or suggest to go out for a walk to the shops (we live very close) and warn I ain't going around women's clothes shops but it turns out that a hour later I'm standing outside female changing rooms, hands ripped off me with bags, possibily holding a handbag, in the dog house with all these other bastards showing me up!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

muppet

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 02, 2010, 06:17:52 PM

Edit: Women love shopping, its a hobby, I love golf, its a hobby, I dont ask the wife to come golfing, she doesnt ask me to come shopping, why ruin your hobbies.

Does she pay for your golf?
MWWSI 2017

gerrykeegan

We are married. All money is pooled so I suppose she does. It's more to do with the fact she loves shopping, she gets a buzz out of it. I love golf she would have no time for it. Why would I try and make her do something she doesn't like. Why would she try and make me do something I don't like. Don't get me wrong we often go shopping for the kids clothes but that's easy. It's something that has to be done it's different from a women bringing you clothes shopping for her. When I lived in the uk my sister came over to see me, we spent the entire day shopping on Oxford circus. What did she buy? A bottle of shampoo. She had a great day. I did not
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AFS

Weird ads. Examples include that Just for Men one with the daughter who acts like a wife; and the NiQuitin one with that gaunt looking lad with a creepy grin.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on January 03, 2010, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 03, 2010, 06:19:45 PM
Weird ads. Examples include that Just for Men one with the daughter who acts like a wife; and the NiQuitin one with that gaunt looking lad with a creepy grin.
Yes, was just on there. Something very strange about it.
A lot of those strange ads seem to be made in Germany or Holland and then dubbed with an English or Irish accent. Don't like them at all.

Lazer

Returning to work after christmas is so not good!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

tyrone girl

Tell me about it - depression isnt even the word , i could cry  :'( :'( :'(

thebigfella

I'm happy to be back, was getting bored with drinking the head of myself.  :D

Archie Mitchell

Bensars

Its actually the 3rd Monday of Jan that is considered the worst day. Highest levels of absenteeism and sickness.

ballinaman

Yer one Margaret who got sick on holiday in Kenya on the VHI ad on TV. The way she has a "sh" at the end of every word is realling annoying. Cork-sh

full back

Leeds supporters coming out of the woodwork ::)

Doogie Browser

Those bloody new year texts that your mates send to everyone in their phone book from 8.30pm onwards on NYE with the silly rhymes.