You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on December 27, 2009, 05:26:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2009, 08:39:55 PM
The description of clothes on the Debenhams website. Seen this shite whilst looking at a coat... A coat for wearing on the go, as opposed to wearing whilst lying in bed. It also comes with two pockets which, in case you aren't sure, you can use to keep your hands warm or even store things in! f**k off Debenhams.

This grey Jeff Banks car coat is made with a wonderfully warm wool blended with cashmere for ultra comfort and softness. The coat features a stylish funnel neck complete with ribbed inner collar for extra insulation. The coat is designed in a tasteful clean lined contemporary style ideal for wearing on the go. Two deep pockets offer hand warmth and simple storage whilst the wind guard covered zip fastening down the front gives added protection.

Why did you read beyond that?
What is a car coat? Can it be worn outside the car? It sounds like something Alan Partridge would wearing behind the wheel of his Rover.

AFS

People that try to censor themselves on the internet.

Worse still are people that try to censor themselves, but f**k it up by adding too many asterisks, ending up with something like this 'f***ker'.

pintsofguinness

The description of clothes on the Debenhams website. Seen this shite whilst looking at a coat... A coat for wearing on the go, as opposed to wearing whilst lying in bed. It also comes with two pockets which, in case you aren't sure, you can use to keep your hands warm or even store things in! f**k off Debenhams.

This grey Jeff Banks car coat is made with a wonderfully warm wool blended with cashmere for ultra comfort and softness. The coat features a stylish funnel neck complete with ribbed inner collar for extra insulation. The coat is designed in a tasteful clean lined contemporary style ideal for wearing on the go. Two deep pockets offer hand warmth and simple storage whilst the wind guard covered zip fastening down the front gives added protection.
I stopped there, I dont even know what that means.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 29, 2009, 09:34:21 PM

I stopped there, I dont even know what that means.
Exactly, if it looks nice, fits me and is the right price then I'll buy it. All the other crap is... well, crap.

AFS

Quote from: hardstation on December 29, 2009, 09:30:57 PM
Quote from: AFS on December 29, 2009, 09:29:53 PM
People that try to censor themselves on the internet.

Worse still are people that try to censor themselves, but f**k it up by adding too many asterisks, ending up with something like this 'f***ker'.
c***ts.

I didn't even do that.

That's pretty inexcusable. Silly c***ts.

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Square Ball

Boxs/tins of sweets/biscuts that have tbe discription of the contents on the underside of the tin, really annoying
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Archie Mitchell

That bastard at Portsmouth with the bell. You'd be raging if your season ticket was in close proximity to him.

thebigfella

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 30, 2009, 06:48:08 PM
That b**tard at Portsmouth with the bell. You'd be raging if your season ticket was in close proximity to him.

That puke with the drum, the other sickener with the long curly hair and the stupid jacket with the badges on it need shot. I hate the way the TV cameras cut to them as if their some sort of characters (BBC are the worst) that we are all interested in. I never watch any games with Portsmouth playing in now because of those pair of c*nts.

Hope Portsmouth go bust, they'll not be fond of their drum and that poxy jacket then; sickening fcukers the pair of them.

pintsofguinness

been out shopping with the house mate *pauses to take ten deep breaths*
*beats the life out of a pillow* 
*ten more deep breaths*
*eats some mini eggs*
but I'm not going to complain about that.

My complaint is against the "men" who help their women pick clothes! Have yous seen these tubes?! Admittedly I think it's more of an English thing but I'm walking around after herself through the women's clothes with a face on me (apparently) looking at my watch or playing the phone saying everything is lovely and agreeing that the sizes are all wrong and there's no way that's a size 14 and then you've got these idiots who are helping!!! They're helping to get the right size, advising on colours and all other nonsense!!
WHAT IS THEIR STORY?

When I take one yawn too many and our inevitable row happens I always get it threw at me "I see other men helping their wives and girlfirends".  ffs

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 04:28:46 PM
been out shopping with the house mate *pauses to take ten deep breaths*
*beats the life out of a pillow* 
*ten more deep breaths*
*eats some mini eggs*
but I'm not going to complain about that.

My complaint is against the "men" who help their women pick clothes! Have yous seen these tubes?! Admittedly I think it's more of an English thing but I'm walking around after herself through the women's clothes with a face on me (apparently) looking at my watch or playing the phone saying everything is lovely and agreeing that the sizes are all wrong and there's no way that's a size 14 and then you've got these idiots who are helping!!! They're helping to get the right size, advising on colours and all other nonsense!!
WHAT IS THEIR STORY?

When I take one yawn too many and our inevitable row happens I always get it threw at me "I see other men helping their wives and girlfirends".  ffs

Here's how it works.

You can say 'no it doesn't suit you' only twice before you say 'yes that's definitely the one' and then you're off home/pub. However you need to be very observant.

At the start say nothing.
When you have wasted a good hour or so then throw in the two 'no it doesn't suit you' lines no matter what the fcuk she is looking at.
Then bring her back to something you saw her look at earlier and pronounce loudly 'yes that's definitely the one'. It is important that all round you hear this.
This has to be right though (otherwise you are completely fcuked) so it helps if you know she has already looked at it and liked it (even better if a friend of hers mentions she saw it on a previous shopping waste of time trip), so pay attention.
If she remotely likes the whatever the fcuk it is, she will happily buy it and will also be happy that her wonderful partner picked it. She will feel even better that her fella showed up the other sad saps who potter around after their women looking like Brian Cowen after sharing a bed with Jackie Healy Rae.   

If done correctly this can seriously reduce time wasted on shopping and get brownie points.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Is that what these ponces are doing?! I knew they were up to something! It sounds like an awful lot of work!

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 05:15:34 PM
Is that what these ponces are doing?! I knew they were up to something! It sounds like an awful lot of work!

Saves time in the long run though. You didn't think they were genuinely interested did you?
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Quote from: muppet on January 02, 2010, 05:28:56 PM

Saves time in the long run though. You didn't think they were genuinely interested did you?
Well they're bloody good actors if they aren't! I might have to try out your theory though I think she might be a bit suspicious if after 6 years of moaning and complaining about shopping I suddenly become interested.

muppet

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 02, 2010, 05:35:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 02, 2010, 05:28:56 PM

Well they're bloody good actors if they aren't! I might have to try out your theory though I think she might be a bit suspicious if after 6 years of moaning and complaining about shopping I suddenly become interested.

Let us know how you get on.
MWWSI 2017