You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Puckoon

ziggysego

Quote from: Caid on November 13, 2009, 07:58:48 PM
Cheap toilet roll in the office.  I know there's a recession but jaysus the arse is cut of me

It's the cheap toilet roll that's so flimpy, that your finger rips through the paper. Urgh!
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

Quote from: Alco Pup on November 18, 2009, 03:40:39 PM
People that stand in the queue at the bar, and then wait till the barman comes to them before asking their mates what they want..

Example:

"What'll you have"
"I'll have a vodka please"
"£2.30 mate"
"sigh. Anything else?"
"Emmmmmm...hang on... John.. JOHN.. what do you want?.. a stella please..."

Feckin imbiciles.  Too stupid to be allowed into bars.  >:(

I used to be a barman and I would still do the bar in the club but the worst gear grinder of the whole lot for a barman is when some cnut comes up and orders 2 pints of Harp, a rake of half uns and mixers, galsses of wine and a locka minerals......you set this all up and then at the end  you say, "Is that the lot?" and the fcuker turns round and says..."oh and two pints of Guinness" >:( >:( >:(
The Aristocrat Years

leenie

or when they come to the bar orders a few drinks, has a twenty in their hand ready to pay but waits until you go back to the till to tot up and back to them to take the twenty, only to have to go back to the till and then back to them!

and people complain about queuing at bars!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Alco Pup

Used to get people doing that in the club all the time, so if I didn't know how much it was off the top o me head, I woulda rung it in the till while pouring the pints.

Guaranteed some pillock would then start to fish through his pockets / her bag for the money.  ::)

redhugh

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 18, 2009, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: Alco Pup on November 18, 2009, 03:40:39 PM
People that stand in the queue at the bar, and then wait till the barman comes to them before asking their mates what they want..

Example:

"What'll you have"
"I'll have a vodka please"
"£2.30 mate"
"sigh. Anything else?"
"Emmmmmm...hang on... John.. JOHN.. what do you want?.. a stella please..."

Feckin imbiciles.  Too stupid to be allowed into bars.  >:(

I used to be a barman and I would still do the bar in the club but the worst gear grinder of the whole lot for a barman is when some cnut comes up and orders 2 pints of Harp, a rake of half uns and mixers, galsses of wine and a locka minerals......you set this all up and then at the end  you say, "Is that the lot?" and the fcuker turns round and says..."oh and two pints of Guinness" >:( >:( >:(

Puts me up the feckin' walls.If you are over 18 it should be law that when ordering a round, you order the stout first.Failure to comply with said law should result in having to buy everyone at the bar a drink,and whoevr was next gets their whole round paid for by said gimp.

Minder

And what about when it is about 3.30am and you don't know if you are blew up or stuffed and the f**kers tell you the bar is closed..........

What's that all about?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

redhugh

Quote from: Minder on November 18, 2009, 05:16:01 PM
And what about when it is about 3.30am and you don't know if you are blew up or stuffed and the f**kers tell you the bar is closed..........

What's that all about?

Minder -that's about the fact that you've been asleep in a cubicle in the bogs for two and a half hours,slumped over with your bags round your ankles.Thankfully the barstaff found you and managed to get you woken up before you suffered a prolapsed bowel.But it's ok,when they got you into a taxi,they laughed about it for 2 hours over free pints.

Puckoon

Quote from: redhugh on November 18, 2009, 05:30:39 PM
Quote from: Minder on November 18, 2009, 05:16:01 PM

What's that all about?

Minder -that's about the fact that you've been asleep in a cubicle in the bogs for two and a half hours,slumped over with your bags round your ankles.Thankfully the barstaff found you and managed to get you woken up before you suffered a prolapsed bowel.But it's ok,when they got you into a taxi,they laughed about it for 2 hours over free pints.

Jesus. I had to crawl under the door of a cublicle in benedicts one night to open the door.

A squaddie who was dating one of the girls had fallen asleep in that very position. I was the new guy, so in I went.

I opened the door and the bouncers took care of the rest.

thebigfella

Quote from: leenie on November 18, 2009, 04:59:48 PM
or when they come to the bar orders a few drinks, has a twenty in their hand ready to pay but waits until you go back to the till to tot up and back to them to take the twenty, only to have to go back to the till and then back to them!

and people complain about queuing at bars!

If you were any good you would be able to add it up in your head, telling them the total there and then.

redhugh

All joking aside Puck, I've seen it about 20 times.One of the times a young lad needed an ambulance beacause he had suffered a prolapsed bowel....I shit you not ;D

Gabriel_Hurl

the boss not letting me out to go watch the game this afternoon