You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Hahaha Gabriel,

The facebook is just about a little accident with weepuck today!!!
Christ if I got covered in someone ELSES shit off a toilet wall, I'd still be in the bath, along with buckets of caustic soda!

Gabriel_Hurl

I'm more worried about the fact you have a back waxer  :D

ziggysego

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 29, 2009, 12:13:41 AM
I'm more worried about the fact you have a back waxer  :D

That was my main concern too  :D
Testing Accessibility

Treasurer

The way my phone browser blocks seemingly random pages on the board and gives me an 'access denied' message - I keep thinking there must be something worth reading behind it!

vav

Quote from: Treasurer on September 30, 2009, 01:57:43 AM
The way my phone browser blocks seemingly random pages on the board and gives me an 'access denied' message - I keep thinking there must be something worth reading behind it!

Haha I used to get that too before my phone kicked in and have to use heap of shite phone with no internet. I always thought was just cos I was a newbie I couldnt access certain threads.. Aww the joys of paranoia  :-[  :D

rolloutking

When your at a house party and some w**ker is sitting there not drinking not saying anything, just sitting there observing and taking it all in. Then when everyone is blocked he goes to town trying to make a a dick out of people, sleezing over all the girls, etc. This person then proceeds to tell stories about everyone the next day. f**k that shit really gets me angry

fitzroyalty

Getting thrown outta establishments for f**k all! lol

The Real Laoislad

When you nearly crash the van trying to get a look at a woman then only to find out she is a BOBFOC  >:(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lurganblue

fuckin bank machine eating your card for no good reason, the bastid'n thing was trying to push the card out buckled... rage! having to cancel the card and order a new one.

also it made me miss the first half of the celtic match

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on October 02, 2009, 08:53:46 AM
fuckin bank machine eating your card for no good reason, the bastid'n thing was trying to push the card out buckled... rage! having to cancel the card and order a new one.

Every cloud...........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

lurganblue

Quote from: Minder on October 02, 2009, 08:57:12 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 02, 2009, 08:53:46 AM

Every cloud...........

you could be right. second half was bad enough

AFS

Yer woman's voice in that 'Go For It' ad.

tyrone86

Lads that ask other posters to post articles. It's understandable for exiles like Puck or PoG to do it occasionally (and I don't think either of those 2 boys have ever done it to be fair to them), but boys in the country that can't be arsed to buy a paper? f**k sake the Irish News is only 70p in the shop if you want to read Heaney on a Tuesday or a £1 if you want Brolly in the Gaelic Life on a Friday, quit your mooching and put your hand in your pocket like the rest of us.

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on October 02, 2009, 11:10:19 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on October 02, 2009, 10:51:21 PM
Lads that ask other posters to post articles. It's understandable for exiles like Puck or PoG to do it occasionally (and I don't think either of those 2 boys have ever done it to be fair to them), but boys in the country that can't be arsed to buy a paper? f**k sake the Irish News is only 70p in the shop if you want to read Heaney on a Tuesday or a £1 if you want Brolly in the Gaelic Life on a Friday, quit your mooching and put your hand in your pocket like the rest of us.
ONeill's recent threads have obviously got your goat. Say I buy the Irish News every day and some bucko on here declares that there is a great article in The Irish Times. Does that mean that I have to go and spend money on The Irish Times just to read the article which could turn out to be shite, knowing that some on this board are able to access the article online?

FFS, the hacks would have 100 threads everyday, if we were to buy a paper every time some bucko recommended an article.

No, that's not what I mean. Generally you'll find that if someone sees an above average article then they'll post it. That's fair enough, I do it myself. But using Heaney and Brolly as an example - everyone knows that they have columns in their papers about 50 weeks out of the 52 on the same day of the week. Yet nearly without fail, but especially when someone says they found the article very good, you'll get someone asking for it to be posted. To me, that's just ripping the arse out of it. I don't think it's a big thing to buy the paper once a week if you're a fan of a columist. It was the same with the Mickey Harte column, every week someone was looking it posted, I'm not sure if it's still the same, probably not because if they're like me they got bored with fairly quickly.

As regards to O'Neill's thread, I like it because I get to look at columnists that I wouldn't usually look at and if I like the look of a particular writer I'll occasionally buy their paper to see what he says. If someone wants to throw up an article unprompted, great but if they don't I wouldn't specifically ask for it.

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Those 'Cash for Gold' adverts...Surely there is no-one stupid enough to fall for that?