You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: longball on June 25, 2009, 11:39:18 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 25, 2009, 11:08:38 AM
Quote from: longball on June 25, 2009, 10:55:13 AM
- Watch the film Snakes on a plane- i refuse to watch this film, i consider myself a massive film buff and would watch nearly anything but this is a film i will NEVER watch

Ah come on, it's funny as hell. A parody of itself.

I wouldnt know im never watching it!

Ok have another story that i wanta tell but dunno if this is the right thread but suppose its a gear grinder anyway.

A fella from NIDY (northern ireladn deaf youth) came into work yday look donations, he showed his badge spoke very little and when he did he spoke funny (may not be PC but bear with me) so naturally i assume himself to be deaf. I wrote the cheque from our company got it signed by the boss and gave it to the man and he said thank you and left.
Then one of the women in the office said to me 'that fellas not deaf u no?' I was bit confussed then the boss came and said 'u no hes not deaf?'
They then told me a story that when one of the girls in the office was working in another nearby company the same man would come in and do the same looking money for the charity they always gave as most companies would do. However the weekend after one of the girls seen the same man on a boat to Scotland with a group of Rangers fans he was chanting away with them, she talked to him and he was speaking normally.
A bit confused, when she went back tot he office she told all the ones in the office so the woman that now works with me rang NIDY and enquired if the fella was in fact deaf. They told that he had no hearing or speech problems and have heard of a number of occassion that he makes out that he has such impairments. NIDY went on to say please dont let his antics stop you from dontating to the charity. The next time he went into that company they tackled him about it and sure enough he admitted and said it was easier to get donations that way, he never put on his 'act' whenever he went back to that company but he is doing it here not realising that one of the girls is now working here. what a con artist. Heard he was one of the top collectors for the charity but just doesnt seem rite.

So this charity are happy enough to give out an employee's medical details (or lack thereof) over the phone?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

SidelineKick

Quote from: jimbo on June 25, 2009, 05:32:47 PM
I know your sentence is missing a question mark.

I think you'll find there are 3 (three) question marks in my sentence.

You didn't answer my original question, is there something wrong with his sentence?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 25, 2009, 06:09:39 PM
- Watch the film Snakes on a plane- i refuse to watch this film, i consider myself a massive film buff and would watch nearly anything but this is a film i will NEVER watch

Ok have another story that i wanta tell but dunno if this is the right thread but suppose its a gear grinder anyway.

A fella from NIDY (northern ireladn deaf youth) came into work yday look donations, he showed his badge spoke very little and when he did he spoke funny (may not be PC but bear with me) so naturally i assume himself to be deaf. I wrote the cheque from our company got it signed by the boss and gave it to the man and he said thank you and left.
Then one of the women in the office said to me 'that fellas not deaf u no?' I was bit confussed then the boss came and said 'u no hes not deaf?'
They then told me a story that when one of the girls in the office was working in another nearby company the same man would come in and do the same looking money for the charity they always gave as most companies would do. However the weekend after one of the girls seen the same man on a boat to Scotland with a group of Rangers fans he was chanting away with them, she talked to him and he was speaking normally.
A bit confused, when she went back tot he office she told all the ones in the office so the woman that now works with me rang NIDY and enquired if the fella was in fact deaf. They told that he had no hearing or speech problems and have heard of a number of occassion that he makes out that he has such impairments. NIDY went on to say please dont let his antics stop you from dontating to the charity. The next time he went into that company they tackled him about it and sure enough he admitted and said it was easier to get donations that way, he never put on his 'act' whenever he went back to that company but he is doing it here not realising that one of the girls is now working here. what a con artist. Heard he was one of the top collectors for the charity but just doesnt seem rite.

So this charity are happy enough to give out an employee's medical details (or lack thereof) over the phone?
Well he's always going to have medical details but yeah I'd say longball is taking the piss.
Who'd ring up a company and ask if someone there was deaf and what company would tell them!  What charity would allow someone to continue to collect money knowing they were lying to people?

It's very funny though.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Puckoon

Losing all my contacts and every picture I've taken of my daughter when I updated my damn phone! Not happy about this!

longball

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 25, 2009, 07:04:44 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on June 25, 2009, 06:09:39 PM

Well he's always going to have medical details but yeah I'd say longball is taking the piss.
Who'd ring up a company and ask if someone there was deaf and what company would tell them!  What charity would allow someone to continue to collect money knowing they were lying to people?

It's very funny though.

Im not taking the piss this happened yday. I dunno why the chairty have continued letting him collect prob because as i focking said he is one of their top collectors. Yes the woman that works with me now did ring up and ask, they hated the thought of being deceived and thought that the charity should know what he was doing, he has already been reported by a number of different companies so the chairty were prob just used to people ringing by now. Why would i make this up?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

vav

There's a seemingly deaf & poor man who ya always see about Dublin town throwing a note in yer face asking for a fiver.. fell for it once... and have often since seen the same fecker throwing bets on for €200 a pop in the bookies  >:(

new devil

Quote from: Puckoon on June 25, 2009, 10:23:32 PM
Losing all my contacts and every picture I've taken of my daughter when I updated my damn phone! Not happy about this!

IPhone puck? done the same few months ago so f**king annoying  >:(

jimbo

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 25, 2009, 06:31:35 PM

You didn't answer my original question, is there something wrong with his sentence?

I never questioned any individual sentence.  As for Ziggy's effort with the comma - delete that post, you are embarrassing yourself kid!!!  :-*

SidelineKick

Quote from: jimbo on June 26, 2009, 07:40:00 AM

I never questioned any individual sentence.  As for Ziggy's effort with the comma - delete that post, you are embarrassing yourself kid!!!  :-*

You highlighted a specific part of his sentence and said "I hope your maths is better than your english", his english is fine.

I agree with the Ziggy post though, quite embarrassing.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

jimbo

Quote from: SidelineKick on June 26, 2009, 08:21:26 AM
Quote from: jimbo on June 26, 2009, 07:40:00 AM

You highlighted a specific part of his sentence and said "I hope your maths is better than your english", his english is fine.

I agree with the Ziggy post though, quite embarrassing.

If you read back you would see that line was highlighted when i said - I find it hard to believe you are trusted with the cheque book in your company! - and wasn't in relation to the English comment, you take a redner at any time; especially the his english is fine comment.  :D

High Wide and Handsome

michael jackson being dead is a bit of a gear grinder
"Swing er over!"

The Real Laoislad

When your on a nearly empty bus why does someone take the seat beside you?
Whats wrong with the one behind you or in front or any of the other dozens of empty seats...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

AZOffaly

If you weren't so good looking that wouldn't be an issue. Sometimes I have whole train carraiges to myself. :D