You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

The girls with the Welsh accent on the B&Q ad.

Chanda leee yaaaars. Jebus wept what a voice.
MWWSI 2017

blewuporstuffed

people that cant seem to use ATMs
always seems to be one in front of me when i go to the hole in the wall
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Ping Pong Santa

Ping Pong Santa

Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 23, 2009, 05:26:11 PM
I was queuing at a checkout in my local supermarket this morning.
The queues there were fairly long alright but were moving steadily.
Mine was moving along grand as well until the female in front of me reached the checkout.
She had a very large trolley load and I had resigned myself to the fact that she would take 6 or 7 minutes before I got my fairly modest amount checked out and could get away.
Little did I know what lay in store..
This individual stood to one side as the girl on the till checked her items through; she didn't lift a finger to help, other than manoeuvring her trolley into position. The poor girl soon had the space on the counter to her left piled high with yer wan's goods and finally had to resort into leaning over and dropping them into the waiting trolley as the person in question stood gazing out the window.
Finally, when the girl had finished checking and rung up the total, she took out her purse nice and slow, extracted her laser card and presented it to the operator.
Then she took her time keying in her pin and signing the slip. She paid absolutely no attention to the queue that had built up behind her but what happened next really took the biscuit.
When she had paid for her goods, she reached into a shopping bag she carried and extracted 5 or 6 plastic bags and then slowly and very carefully, she proceeded to pack her goods.   
She made no move whatsoever to get out of the way and did her business there and then, completely holding up the queue behind her until she was good and ready.
I'd have blown a fuse but the young operator was very rattled by the old bags' attitude and behaviour and I didn't want to upset her further.
It took a full quarter hour to get her through!

I think there are certain people about like this who actually know full well that their arrogant actions are seriously pissing people off but they are suffering from some sort of mental illness which is causing them to act like this.

I worked in Sainsbury's for five years so I've seen loads of them!

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 23, 2009, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 23, 2009, 07:05:11 PM
people who say ATM machine as well.
what do you call them santa?

Bank or cash machines I call them... ATM seems so American

Ping Pong Santa

ATM = Automated Teller Machine

ATM Machine = Automated Teller Machine Machine

muppet

MWWSI 2017

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on April 23, 2009, 07:26:26 PM

Bank or cash machines I call them... ATM seems so American

I call it the " GIVE ME SOME MOTHER FECKING MONEY MACHINE" !!!
ta se mor

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Ping Pong Santa on April 23, 2009, 07:06:43 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on April 23, 2009, 05:26:11 PM
I was queuing at a checkout in my local supermarket this morning.
The queues there were fairly long alright but were moving steadily.
Mine was moving along grand as well until the female in front of me reached the checkout.
She had a very large trolley load and I had resigned myself to the fact that she would take 6 or 7 minutes before I got my fairly modest amount checked out and could get away.
Little did I know what lay in store..
This individual stood to one side as the girl on the till checked her items through; she didn't lift a finger to help, other than manoeuvring her trolley into position. The poor girl soon had the space on the counter to her left piled high with yer wan's goods and finally had to resort into leaning over and dropping them into the waiting trolley as the person in question stood gazing out the window.
Finally, when the girl had finished checking and rung up the total, she took out her purse nice and slow, extracted her laser card and presented it to the operator.
Then she took her time keying in her pin and signing the slip. She paid absolutely no attention to the queue that had built up behind her but what happened next really took the biscuit.
When she had paid for her goods, she reached into a shopping bag she carried and extracted 5 or 6 plastic bags and then slowly and very carefully, she proceeded to pack her goods.   
She made no move whatsoever to get out of the way and did her business there and then, completely holding up the queue behind her until she was good and ready.
I'd have blown a fuse but the young operator was very rattled by the old bags' attitude and behaviour and I didn't want to upset her further.
It took a full quarter hour to get her through!

I think there are certain people about like this who actually know full well that their arrogant actions are seriously pissing people off but they are suffering from some sort of mental illness which is causing them to act like this.

I worked in Sainsbury's for five years so I've seen loads of them!
I likewise had a wee stint at J Sainsbury's temping over Christmas a few years ago, I didn't mind on quiet nights but when it was busy and there was a queue I just made a d*ck out of the person (They are all women funny enough) tutted and apologised loudly to the next customer  :P

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Having ring sting whilst in Switzerland.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bingobus

Quote from: muppet on April 23, 2009, 07:30:40 PM

'Hole in the wall' where I come from.

I remember when it was called the good old Drinklink.