You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

KCGaelicFootball

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 09, 2009, 09:10:41 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 09, 2009, 06:46:15 PM
When you get on to a bus with a £20 note and the driver says he cant take you as he's no change...Not my problem...get some....

To be fair it would be common sense to carry change if you are getting the bus, experience has taught me that the drivers can be ignorant yaps who take hissey fits if you produce anything bigger than a fiver...

Anyway,

I have a huge gripe of late with people who having tried the door of the bathroom to find it locked then proceed to enquire who it is occupied by (even worse when they ask what you're doing). When I am on the throne I require and would expect a certain degree of solitude, a man is at his most vulnerable with his trunks around his ankles and I feel it rude to be intruded upon or interrupted at such a time. When the handle turns there is for a split second a feeling of panic, and instinctive mistrust of the lock overcomes the user. I mean the fact the door is locked means that the person can't get in, but what does it matter to them who is actually on the other side? What exactly do they expect to gain by identifying the user of the lavatory and their actions inside? Why can't they just assume the occupier wants some peace and leave it at that without an interrogation. This has happened me twice in the last week or so.

Its none of their fecking business why you are in there and whom is in here just tell them your shagging their mum in their if they ask serves them right.
ta se mor

DrinkingHarp

signed up for a class then the school cancels it because they don't have an instructor  ::)

why the f**k did they offer it without an instructor, puts me back a semester maybe two now ,bunch of c#$ksuckers >:( >:( >:(

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2009, 09:12:19 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on January 20, 2009, 09:10:38 PM
signed up for a class then the school cancels it because they don't have an instructor  ::)

why the f**k did they offer it without an instructor, puts me back a semester maybe two now c#$ksuckers >:( >:( >:(

That's an interesting class you signed up for.

Reread my post and have now edit it, my blood was/is boiling so I wasn't thinking properly.

TY, HS for pointing it out  :D
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

pintsofguinness

Having a bank of Ireland 10 pound note I can't get rid of, the self service checkout in tesco won't even take it.  ffs!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

I always have problems hardstations. Shops, pubs, restaurants won't accept it from me.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2009, 10:36:20 PM
That's something that I've always wondered about. Anytime I've been going to England, everyone says "Make sure you get Bank of England notes" but I can never be arsed and take whatever I have, usually a mixture of BOI, Northern, First Trust etc. I've never had a problem.

Is it a big problem?
I've one in the wallet since I came back from Christmas holidays and I can't get f**king rid of it! I just get dumb looks "sorry we can't take that"
"why not"
"it's irish"
"it's sterling"
"we can't take irish money"
"but it's sterling"
"we can't take..."
"oh f**king forget it! give us back our country!"

It just depends on whether you get an intelligent person at a checkout or not, so far I havent!
Couldnt believe the self service checkout wont take it though, how does it know?!!!
How hard is it though? They'll take bank of scotland notes! 

Know an Irish boy who was over though with bank of ireland notes and they refused to take it of him in some shop so he just picked up his things and went to walk out the door with them running after him "excuse me, you've to pay for that" to which he replied "I was paying for it and you wouldnt take it" - they took it then! Dont think I'll have the balls to do that. 

laceer

A tr**p of a bus man in Manchester wouldn't take my last tenner yesterday morning leaving me late for work because it was an Irish note.Made my protests but felt like punching the ignorant p***k in the mouth.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: laceer on January 20, 2009, 10:52:30 PM
A tr**p of a bus man in Manchester wouldn't take my last tenner yesterday morning leaving me late for work because it was an Irish note.Made my protests but felt like punching the ignorant p***k in the mouth.
A large majority of bus drivers are ignorant pricks though.

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 20, 2009, 11:14:20 PM

True, a bus driver in London tried to throw me off. Said I was a fire hazard. Feckin' jerk. Thankfully the good people of London on the bus fought my case for me and ensure I stayed on the bus.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2009, 11:15:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 20, 2009, 11:14:20 PM

True, a bus driver in London tried to throw me off. Said I was a fire hazard. Feckin' jerk. Thankfully the good people of London on the bus fought my case for me and ensure I stayed on the bus.
When did you become american?  You're letting this obama thing go to your head. 
Should have told him if there was a fire you werent planning on staying on the bus!

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 20, 2009, 11:18:32 PM
Should have told him if there was a fire you werent planning on staying on the bus!

Sorry, been waiting the news all day.

He was stupid, was no reasoning with him.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ziggysego on January 20, 2009, 11:23:24 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 20, 2009, 11:18:32 PM

Sorry, been waiting the news all day.

He was stupid, was no reasoning with him.

Why wait ? sure its on TV all day you can watch it anytime  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

full back

Holes in the road
I swear the fcuk, every road has holes in it
You cant see anything then bang, every bone in your f**king body shakes.
I reckon boys that fix tyres are deliberately going out and making these holes